The Fighting Game Community Thread

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Winterbrawl off to a good start. Super rad Thor was running a train all over fools in casuals MvC in the early bits. And I got to clap with glee over seeing a Makoto from team Korea go full ham over everyone until he got stuffed by Arturo's Rose. Gamerbee wasn't looking to hot in the team fights, but eh could have been sandbagging.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Gamerbee just ran over Zeus 7-0. Sanford vs Gamerbee coming up.

Gamerbee made adon vs vega matchup look 10-0
Yeah i dont see that matchup being good for vega in general, but VS gamerbee- eesh bad scene. Sanford did only barely better. Ooo Cole vs Gamerbee on salty suite. Not sure Dhalsim will do better than Oni or Vega, but here's hoping.

Needless

Toe Sucker
there a link to that somewhere? I didn't watch much of Winter Brawl.. I've found NA tournaments to be incredibly boring in the last like.. 6 months outside of Evo :\

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm sure someone highlighted it, but I watched it live.

I always liked the east coast tournaments, and this was pretty much a Chinatown reunion, and I'm always rooting for the 8 on the break crew even tho they never win anything.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
there a link to that somewhere? I didn't watch much of Winter Brawl.. I've found NA tournaments to be incredibly boring in the last like.. 6 months outside of Evo :\
Spookys page on twitch under past broadcasts. I watched the parts I missed last night, Marvel was boring as hell.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's all pretty boring unless it includes asia these days heh
We'll see how SCR is this weekend... i'm stuck at home anyway so i'll most likely have it on in the background

Column_sl

shitlord
They said last night on Wednesday night fights that the Asians are going to Sandbag the tournament.

Really disrespectful imho considering the Americans gave them a free ride down here. For a society that prides itself on Honor they seem to lack it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
106 people at a weekly is fucking crazy haha

Why would they sandbag? they haven't any real reason to

asapCT_sl

shitlord
I think they meant that the wao and michael-tan would sandbag WNF only so they don't give up too much info pre-SCR. I don't think they sandbagged, anyway.

M-tan ended up getting 3rd with Ken who is just alright now. Wao's oni is godlike but cammy is a nightmare match-up for oni, no matter the experience he has. You also have to factor in shit like environment and player style.

Edit:Stream Schedule SoCal Regionals

SCR stream schedule for those interested.

Column_sl

shitlord
According to James Chen he said they weren't taking WNF or Socal seriously.
Could have been a mis understanding on my part, and you might be right about just WNF.

Thanks for the schedule.

Probly watch a couple SF4 matches on Friday/Saturday then tune in for the finals on Sunday.
And will watch most of the KI tournament.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. i was going to say i can see them sandbagging WNF because.. who cares? but they wouldn't fly to Socal and sandbag the actual tournament haha

We'll see how this tourny goes! Hopefully it can keep my interest piqued, but i'll most likely have it open on my other monitor regardless