The Fighting Game Community Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The SFIV Community hates Cammy enough as it is they didn't need to put an "Evil" Cammy in to the game. They would have been better off putting Violent Ken into the game instead or somebody besides her character model. A "new" character with Cammy's model is a retarded decision even if she plays differently.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
THey will be fine just like every other fucking time the community over reacts to something. Honestly there was no real character outside of bringing in a character from another game that would have been "community hype". Hell, they were cheering for YUN today. FGC is bi polar.

Column_sl

shitlord
The crys of the nerds are strong with this one...

Not sure why people are surprised, They said we would be disappointed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nobody is saying the character move sets or play style is the same, they're vastly different.
It's the fact that they went with a cammy doll, with virtually no changes to her normal animations or anything that bothers people.

Who knows though, that FR build didn't have a lot of her more recent changes. She'll be a lot different by release.
I do think she looks way too different.. texture wise though, she looked blurry or something to me

Also.. 3 frame ultra is pretty damn crazy. I'll bet right now shes top tier (maybe not the best) come release.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
saltfordejcm5.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just finished watching the SSBM documentary and now I want to buy a gamecube and CRT

asapCT_sl

shitlord
Cafeid's ID global tournament on this weekend. Broadcast times are korean obv. so dunno when they'll start streaming. Huge pot bonus for all games with KOF13 headlining @ 10,000 i think. If you're at all a fan of kof 13 this is the tournament to watch.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It was nice to see Mago win a "Major", i say major simply because 90% of the 36 entrants of SF4 were all incredibly good which is like watching the top 32 of a major anyway.

MAGO SAAAN

Column_sl

shitlord
That was a great tournament. I would have liked to see more American/Euro players tho like Kbrad etc
I wonder why Capcom can't make this happen since it's part of their pro tour.

The whole 10k for KOF versus 5k AE was laughable, but everyone knew the main draw was AE anyway.

Also I've been watching Zhi forever, but when he is off his meds, and deprived of sleep he like a torrent of random pop culture references that is really enjoyable to listen to.
His ability to transition back to standard commentary at a whim, and his insight on the whole scene makes him IMHO the best commentator in SF. It's a shame that Ultradavid, and Chen get so much coverage because I always felt they were pretty layman's level with their comments.

Anything is better then Seth, or Skisonic tho.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Skisonic and Lee Chung are the absolute worst, lee chung being the bottom of the barrel for sure.
I cannot stand that fucking guy at all haha

Araxen

Lee Chung is the best. Everyone else seems boring compared to him. Fuck boring esports commentary.

Column_sl

shitlord
Marvel really needs an update like AE gets every year. Fucking vergil,

This is an oldie but a goodie. The end of this is comedy gold.

Araxen

Capcom needs to make a "Marvel" game without the Marvel IP so they don't need to have a license to pump out updates.