The Finding Valuable Shit TV Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there seems to be a ton of new shows out of people digging up treasure or discovering valuable items.
some of these are pretty cool and deserve their own threads, some of strictly niche shows and only appeal to certain kinds of nerds. example i used to look forward to watching the show Meteorite Men and i think i was their only viewer because nobody here ever discussed it, they kept changing its air dates and eventually it was just gone one day. oh well that show is gone but there are more of these shows that take its place.

Diggers,
this is the closest to meteorite men i can find, except this time its like they combined that show with American Pickers, these guys orgasm over every little thing they come across. they go somewhere and break out the metal detectors and go digging when they get hits. they never seem to find much but what they do find they splooge over. my favorites are the coins they recover. being a coin collecting nerd for about the first 20+ years of my life it excites my inner child when they hop up and down over finding an 1800s penny. the old me chuckles because i can estimate what those coins are actually worth. last week the guy finds an old buffalo nickel and then promptly flips the fuck out, im laughing my ass off because i have a shitload of those and they run about 3 bucks. then the screen flashes "Buffalo Nickel: potential value, 3 dollars" i was like "AHHH HA! to myself. good times.
tongue.png

Shipwreck Men

its about ship wreck recovering people. basically they are the tow truck guys of the sea and they fight with one another over each call, because every recovery is worth thousands. lots of hilarity ensues because these guys rush their shit and botch their jobs.

Lost Treasure Hunters
these guys are hunting diamonds from an old diamond mining area in India. these guys are turning up diamonds. though i dunno they look pretty fucking tiny. and they are saying these are 2000 dollar diamonds? i think i bought my mom a diamond ring bigger than these in the 90s from Zales and it was like a hundred bucks with the gold ring. only have seen one episode. cant find any others on the net. not even sure what network its on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This Shipwreck Men show is really getting good, the drama actually feels like its really happening. one of the dads has emphysema and doesnt want his kids to know. Last week's Diggers was really good too. they actually found some phat l00ts. a gold coin. i was impressed.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stumbled across the digger show the other night. They were in Barnegat, and Cape May looking to score mini balls from the Revolutionary War. Two guys are annoying as fuck, but definitely cool to see what they come across.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do the storage wars shows belong in this thread?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sure,you can talk about them. but i think we got a storage wars thread here somewhere. if not maybe that was on the shortlived trannyboard.
is there a new storage wars on this week? ive been working late so im missing them lately.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Beats me, I DVR them all. I find out there was a new one when I open up the list and see it.

But I'm digging the storage wars NY the most of the 3 because of the douchebags.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i stopped watching the storage wars new york show because im from the area and these guys act way too stereotypical. and the cute redhead distracts me from the show.
tongue.png

tongue.png

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I do like the chicks in that show. They're the only ones I root for. The hustler dude cracks me up. I imagine he's the one who embarrasses you the most, eh? In the other versions of the show, I root for the crazy ones. (barry / Dr Mo and his ho)