The finer things - watch thread.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have a Rolex. I wear a Fitbit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My office phone, my cell phone, my computer, my laptop and my car radio display all show me the time why the fuck do I need one more gadget to tell me the time? To make a statement and impress people? Who the fuck am I trying to impress? I have a hot wife that has never asked me to wear a watch to impress her, her friends nor her family.

people rationalize not having stuff like this pretty often

sure, a 10k$ car is going to get you to the same places as a 50k$ car, and you can also take public transportation .. that doesn't change the fact that having the 50k$ car is the nicest option out of those

i don't need a picasso to impress people, but if I had one i certainly would be happy with it

money doesn't make people happy, but crying in a 5 star hotel is more comfortable then doing so in a trailer

mentioning your hot wife just makes it all the more lulzy

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I guess you missed the part where I said I am a Gluttonous American that does enjoy nice things. I only mentioned sports cars as an example, some people get boners for sports cars, I am not one of them. Cars have never interested me in that way, but that does not mean I don't drive a nice vehicle. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra XLT. Is it nice, yes. Is it flashy, no. Could I afford another $200 per month to be driving a some sports car, yes. Do I want one, no.

Not everything expensive is desirable to everyone, like your Picasso comment I highly doubt I would want one even if I was a Billionaire.

I spend my money on things that make me happy, for example I just remodeled my kitchen. Some people on here might like it and some might think I am crazy to spend that kind of money. To each there own. The whole you don't like to spend money on what I like to spend money on means you must be poor is just a dumb argument and that is my overall point.

So what watch do you wear Punko?

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Little batman action for the troll thread, really should've cleaned it up first.

IMG_6158.jpg

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I work in a secure building so no phones/fit bits/ etc. I bought a Tag in Qatar at the Tag flagship store during their Ramadan sale as a "I'm never coming back to this shithole" present to myself.

I really want an Omega constellation as my next watch.

tag-heuer-carrera-war201e-ba0723-80.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I've owned a few nice watches over the years, but only wore them when I suited up. I have bitch sized wrists and sensitive bitch skin, so these days I can barely wear my Galaxy 3 Frontier for a few hours a day. A buddy of mine "invests" in them, owns a couple dozen ranging from $2k-10k, and they all hold or gain value interestingly enough. I collect thousands in comic books and action figures, but my real money goes into things that lose value over time while I get greater enjoyment out of them, like game systems and other electronics. And alcohol that I actually consume.

Siliconemelons

They are chronographs you heathens!!!

Movado Bold Connect II - this is my daily and "nicest" - sadly it DOES NOT had a sapphire for glass and its scratched in 2 places...so pissed....

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Rub that shit with a toothbrush and some of that old school white toothpaste for a while. The scratch will be gone. Don’t use the modern gel toothpastes.

Siliconemelons

On the glass, fairly deep for scratches - toothpaste is good for the band scuffs etc. But I may try it just to reduce it.

I was thinking of trying that stuff in Facebook ads to "magically fix" broken cell screens...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Try toothpaste on the glass. Make sure it’s nice and grainy, old school colgate or something.

Siliconemelons

I use tooth powder but my wife has arm and hammer so that should do it :) I'll give it a go

If not I have 3 step car scratch stuff that has 2 levels of grain then polish

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wife wants me buying a nice watch for myself. It’s been a good year, and she likes the idea of an heirloom to pass to our children.

Suggestions?

I’m leaning towards an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch because I like the story (and the look).

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Rolex keeps value the best out of any watch that is not a Patek.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Rolex keeps value the best out of any watch that is not a Patek.

Don’t really like the Patek aesthetic. I could get behind a Royal Oak though. They hold value decently enough?

How annoying are people when you wear your Rolex?

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Don’t really like the Patek aesthetic. I could get behind a Royal Oak though. They hold value decently enough?

How annoying are people when you wear your Rolex?
I wear a fitbit. My watches sit in a box on a counter :p Most people around me wear rolexes so no one bats an eyelash and no one is annoying. I guess if you have to ask about that, you would feel weird wearing it to begin with and should spend money on something else.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wear a fitbit. My watches sit in a box on a counter :p Most people around me wear rolexes so no one bats an eyelash and no one is annoying. I guess if you have to ask about that, you would feel weird wearing it to begin with and should spend money on something else.

Yeah I’m certainly not surrounded by people who would find wearing a Rolex normal. Hence me leaning toward brands with less recognition as luxury timepieces.

It’d definitely sit on my counter most days.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’m certainly not surrounded by people who would find wearing a Rolex normal. Hence me leaning toward brands with less recognition as luxury timepieces.

It’d definitely sit on my counter most days.
Yeah honestly I am not a big fan. Only time I wear any of the nice watches is when I go to specific parties which will be full of materialistic faggots. But thats me. Plenty of people enjoy nice watches.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Friend of mine got targeted by a con artist bitch because he was wearing a $20,000 watch while sitting at a hotel bar. Spiked his drink to rob him, but he fell over in his bar seat before she could. So there's that...

Looks good in a room full of business partners, though.

• 1Like