The First Descendant

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Another looter shooter. Beta is tomorrow. I will give it a shot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's Nexon, so there will be a bunch of cinematic trailers with pretty graphics, but actual gameplay will be mediocre and it'll have the worst cash shop you can imagine.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Game LOOKS amazing. 60FPS though @5120x1440 with 3080ti and 32Gigs of Ram on high settings. DLSS gets me 80.

Ya. Can't duck/take cover. Annoying as fuck.

Every time I try and warp to 1st mission, I get kicked to log in screen...

Will try later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Game LOOKS amazing. 60FPS though @5120x1440 with 3080ti and 32Gigs of Ram on high settings. DLSS gets me 80.

Ya. Can't duck/take cover. Annoying as fuck.

Every time I try and warp to 1st mission, I get kicked to log in screen...

Will try later.

Id like to try, but my experience has been limited to

1666294403718.png

Edit: Fixed... my router was blocking South Korea.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Feels like a bastardized destiny/outriders/warframe from the short stint I got to play and terribly optimized. Could be fun if it gets time to cook.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, now that I've gotten to play it a little, there's a lot to like if you're into the similar games. Will see how co-op is tonight / this weekend.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if the beta content is all there will be at release, but I find the game to be better than Outriders by a fair bit. Yet, it lacks something, it's almost like the Undecember of looter shooters, almost.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure if the beta content is all there will be at release, but I find the game to be better than Outriders by a fair bit. Yet, it lacks something, it's almost like the Undecember of looter shooters, almost.

The world is...empty. They need more static monsters, not just warping in of said mobs.

Definitely better than Outriders. Not much cheesy shit happening.

The guns feel good, but different assault rifles all feel the same, even though one is clearly alien. Shotgun thus far is useless.

Your special abilities have no oomph. They work, but feel like shit.

Not a fan of the grappling hook. I wish you could fire and use it at the same time, at the least.

It took me 10 attempts to start a mission. Their servers are pretty screwy. So just keep trying if you get kicked to the login screen. Once in there are quite a few quests to complete.

It's....a looter shooter.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Had no connection problems on my end. It is a mix of destiny/outriders/warframe.

The world is pretty empty as it mostly spawns mobs when you're on the missions. When you enter zones it randomly places you in there with 3 other players who are running around maybe doing the same thing as you or maybe not. You start continuous story missions which mostly seem to be defend/capture this point, or clear mobs to kill an objective before they respawn type of thing, typical looter shooter stuff. There's a survival mission you can do killing waves of mobs, might be good for farming.

There's boss intercept missions, I did a normal one to check it out and didn't have much problems with it, another team mate went down like 3 times, 2 of which I was able to just run over and ajax bubble and res them. Other than that not sure what to expect for end game content except the boss missions. All in all the leveling experience is pretty bland as pointed out by the video above.

Speaking of farming, looking up how to unlock the other descendants..... what a massive grind that's is going to be through material collection and time gates for research. On top of the bland leveling you'll need to go through for each. I don't like the idea of having to hardcore grind to open another class to play, it would have been better served to have all classes available and moving the grind to specializing them in the end maybe.

The guns are ok, the tiers don't seem to make a huge difference, just better numbers, the extra attributes are mostly random I think, but there's no unique perks on named items to really separate them, although I suppose the rune system takes that place but really everyone is mostly going to take dps runes, I just started to see some interesting ones show up around level 20, but hoping maybe some of it starts to look like outrider/division gun perks.

I like the grapple hook, although sometimes it acts a little wonky like if you're trying to climb walls with multiple grabs, but I've used it as a gap closer in combat, or to get to cover quickly, it just doesn't always hook to the surfaces that you think it might.

I'll screw around in it for release for sure, pretty much never going to step foot in destiny/warframe again, outriders maybe in the future if I get the itch for it ever again, division is on the edge with me one week I wanna try some new build the next week I want to uninstall it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we have to look at this as an early beta, its just too small to be anything else. It seems very much like Warframe given the character system, and gearing, though not exactly. I hope they take a year to polish this up so it can release with much more to do than what we're seeing currently.

If you get all the Twitch drops, you can get enough currency to unlock your 3rd character without grinding; Starter character, Bunny, and then any of the others.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds horrible.

Sounds like a game with a promising foundation, good thing its not being released anytime soon. All valid points though, and if nothing is changed. Eep.

Anyway, I'm finding the game fun, though I think it needs a beefy gpu to play well at High / Very High settings. I think my 3060ti was running it at 60 on High, but it didn't feel crisp, so maybe not. I set it to Medium and the game is buttery smooth, with minor loss in quality to my Gen X eyes.

The multiplayer is just like Warframe where you zone into an area as Private or Public. In Public mode you can be placed into someone else's instance or others can join into your own. I'm stuck on a mission in the Albani Mtns atm where I need to stand in area for a certain time while being swarmed, Leipic will eventually win it though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So after playing a few hours and...it's not bad.

They patched up a few things over the weekend that fixed a lot of server issues apparently. I join missions 9/10 times easy.

They have a solid base game right now. They just need to add some flavor. Some variety. I'm going to assume Nexon will be selling skins, so I won't bother with that gripe.

My biggest issue is the total warping in of monsters. It's just bad design for a looter shooter. There should be some static mobs. Also there are zero POI at all where you want to have a looksie.

The loot/gearing up is all standard fair also. So is upping your stats via mods or whatever this game calls it. Disassemble this shit, to build up that shit. They do a great job of explaining everything.

The no cover/duck thing is annoying, but I got used to it. I mean how hard could that have been to add?

All the gun genres feel the same regardless of the gun.

Overall I give it a 7/10. Especially for a beta. Its not better than Destiny 2 or The Division 2 as far as gameplay. Nowhere close technically either. But definitely better than Outriders and Godfall in every aspect IMO. I will probably play this.

Here is Brahma in 4k Supa Ultra Wide greatness!

I tried to use all the gun types...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the first game I've played on PC which supported DLSS, which I had overlooked. Started out playing on Medium settings to get a smooth framerate, but after a patch where they allowed you to adjust a ton of graphic options, I re-noticed the upscaling / dlss. Changed settings to very high with balanced dlss...super smooth and looked better than Medium.

The game needs to cook for a year, imo if they really want a nice popular game release. That will let them spend a lot of time on smoothing out the insane mod / wpn / skill interactions currently ingame, such as:

The setup shown in that vid will work with any character.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So after playing a few hours and...it's not bad.

They patched up a few things over the weekend that fixed a lot of server issues apparently. I join missions 9/10 times easy.

They have a solid base game right now. They just need to add some flavor. Some variety. I'm going to assume Nexon will be selling skins, so I won't bother with that gripe.

My biggest issue is the total warping in of monsters. It's just bad design for a looter shooter. There should be some static mobs. Also there are zero POI at all where you want to have a looksie.

The loot/gearing up is all standard fair also. So is upping your stats via mods or whatever this game calls it. Disassemble this shit, to build up that shit. They do a great job of explaining everything.

The no cover/duck thing is annoying, but I got used to it. I mean how hard could that have been to add?

All the gun genres feel the same regardless of the gun.

Overall I give it a 7/10. Especially for a beta. Its not better than Destiny 2 or The Division 2 as far as gameplay. Nowhere close technically either. But definitely better than Outriders and Godfall in every aspect IMO. I will probably play this.

Here is Brahma in 4k Supa Ultra Wide greatness!

I tried to use all the gun types...

The environment, shooting etc. all kind of remind me of Anthem in that video for whatever reason.

As a looter shooter, is it really bringing anything new to the mix though?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think Destriny is the best but its kinda getting too formulaic at this point with its seasonal content. I did like Anthem for what it was, it felt great being in those mech suits. But the content was just not there and the game was just janky unfinished mess. This one I didnt try but l watched some of the videos and never bothered.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another looter shooter. Beta is tomorrow. I will give it a shot.

Looks like a mix between Anthem and Outriders, which.. even with their mediocrity - I still liked them for what they were. Just like I said above. Though, this time for some reason I got a hint of Star Ocean in it, which.. is interesting. Not a big fan of Nexon, but if I see more and Im still interested, I'll grab it. fk it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looks like a mix between Anthem and Outriders, which.. even with their mediocrity - I still liked them for what they were. Just like I said above. Though, this time for some reason I got a hint of Star Ocean in it, which.. is interesting. Not a big fan of Nexon, but if I see more and Im still interested, I'll grab it. fk it.

Game was fun. Didn't run into any major bugs. Ran very well. I will play when it comes out.