The Flash

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the vast majority of cases, bullets travel significantly faster than the noise the firing makes. If you dodge when you hear the gunshot, it's already hit you. Sorry, but this gets a -4/10 for nerdrage quality ;p
In a few episodes, he'll be so fast that he's going to have a time travel episode. The minute the bullet even tickled him, he'd have moved out of the way.

Caliane

After the fight with the Rogues, I'm now nitpicky of the fights, I'm just looking for reasons to nerdrage. He got shot by a bullet? He'd have heard the bullet and moved before it landed. Also, he would run up to her, and then just kind of pause in front of her, and then she'd teleport. He can move faster than a speeding bullet and process things 1000x faster than normal humans. Why the pause?

Someone talk me off of the ledge with this show. Am I missing something? Once I start nerdraging, I can't stop it.
bullets move faster then sound. the bullet would strike before he heard it. This applies to superman as well. unless he SEES it, no, even Superman wouldn't hear it being fired or anything.
Of course, Superman can hear in space somehow... so, at some point the physics of sound is lost..
This also applies to "sonics" being used as weapons vs both. superman is "weak" to sonics, because of his super hearing... but, hes also faster then sound.. so, uh.. which is it?

Already been over the stopping for no reason.

Biggest issue here is the "feel a bullet hit is skin, and react to it, before it pierces his skin" is some next level speed force level shit. up till now he's at like 600mph speed force/quicksilver stuff. THAT however, is like 50,000 mph or more. a 9mm will be like 700-900mph. the speed required to make a bullet traveling 800mph effectively stop is insane.
So, its normal Flash behavior. But, in the context of the show, its a massive power buff, no one seems to have noticed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
bullets move faster then sound. the bullet would strike before he heard it. This applies to superman as well. unless he SEES it, no, even Superman wouldn't hear it being fired or anything.
Of course, Superman can hear in space somehow... so, at some point the physics of sound is lost..
This also applies to "sonics" being used as weapons vs both. superman is "weak" to sonics, because of his super hearing... but, hes also faster then sound.. so, uh.. which is it?

Already been over the stopping for no reason.

Biggest issue here is the "feel a bullet hit is skin, and react to it, before it pierces his skin" is some next level speed force level shit. up till now he's at like 600mph speed force/quicksilver stuff. THAT however, is like 50,000 mph or more. a 9mm will be like 700-900mph. the speed required to make a bullet traveling 800mph effectively stop is insane.
So, its normal Flash behavior. But, in the context of the show, its a massive power buff, no one seems to have noticed.
Couldn't it be easily explained at showing his true potential through a reflex action? It's a big difference between trying to move and run fast and a reflex action where the body takes over.

HUH_sl

shitlord
They'll probably mention some kind of mental block of actually using his powers in dangerous situations vs reflex or in a more causal setting. He's already displayed some ridiculous speeds (The bullet, the group photo, zooming around Iris) Flash is crazy OP. The whole 'why didn't he just punch the bad guy in the face at super speed' argument is just going to get more common. They'll need to be more creative with the use of their villains powers or lampshade the fact Barry's power is inconsistent.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Another fantastic episode. Drunk Dr. Snow was great. I think it is a testament to the writers and actors that the non-super heroes and their relationships are just as entertaining as the main plots.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoyed the episode (finally had time to watch it last night).
was laughing at drunk Kaitlin, and still love how Barry uses his abilities for everyday things.

K: "Did you peek at my goods??"
B: "uhhhhh"
K: "It's okay if you did, you deserve a little peek for all the people that you save"

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Naw he didn't peek. She's just gunna have a flash baby pop out in like 9 days.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Looks like next week is the big Firestorm episode. I wonder if he will continue to be recurring? Lord knows he's got plenty-o-power

Haus

<Silver Donator>
WIth any luck he'll only be dark and brooding while they get him the therapy he needs to knit the two personas back into one cohesive "self". They've handled most everything else well so far in my book, so I'm not too horribly worried.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is no one else bothered about the team acting as judge, jury and executioner, locking people up for life? They arbitrarily decide that Barry is okay to be a meta human, but everyone else makes one mistake and they are locked up for life. Worse then that, in the last episode they made it sound like any meta human, regardless of what they've done, is dangerous and therefore should be locked up forever. They caused this shit to happen to everyone, and now they are just throwing people in a high tech cell forever. It just seems fucked for a team of supposedly ethical do-gooders. I was just hoping they'd address it, because it seems really silly and lazy. Also, I have a hard time watching The Arrow now without thinking they could just call Barry and he could instantly take care of their problems lol. Love both shows though.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thats what everyone has been bitching about between these prisons on both shows, its a pretty glaring hole but they are eventually going to have it backfire

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I suspect what they will do about the prisons in question (island and STAR labs facility) will be resolved as the series go on.

Right now in these shows the "world" as such has little to no real awareness of metahumans, no concept of the whole "Gods that walk among us" thing. Barry is now a public figure, as is Oliver (probably considered "super" by regular people even though it's just extensive training). I suspect next we'll see ARGUS become the governments response team to such things, leading to both Cadimus, and them eventually creating a prison for metahumans (i.e. Belle Reve/"the gulag" if you read Kingdom Come).

Caliane

Iron Heights for Central City and Keystone. (I think Iron heights has been mentioned?)
Belle Reve Penitentiary is in Louisiana. Metahuman pen for federal crimes.
Blackgate Penitentiary is in Gotham. Actual prison. Obviously alot of stories have people in Arkham.. who have no business being in Arkham, since its an Asylum, not a prison. (the Arkham video game series, actually specifically mentions Blackgate inmates being shipped into Arkham for reasons.)
Stryker's Island Pen. Sometimes New York ,sometimes Metropolis.. Serves as Metropolis's prison. Obviously it also shifts between New York and Metropolis.

Waller, and Suicide Squad, and mirakuru is a known thing. So, it should be assumed the government DOES know and someone has started Argus, or Checkmate already, and thus there are prisons being set up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we saw argus in season 2, they were going to nuke star city when all those mira kuru dudes were rampaging.

Ganthorn

N00b
I suspect what they will do about the prisons in question (island and STAR labs facility) will be resolved as the series go on.

Right now in these shows the "world" as such has little to no real awareness of metahumans, no concept of the whole "Gods that walk among us" thing. Barry is now a public figure, as is Oliver (probably considered "super" by regular people even though it's just extensive training). I suspect next we'll see ARGUS become the governments response team to such things, leading to both Cadimus, and them eventually creating a prison for metahumans (i.e. Belle Reve/"the gulag" if you read Kingdom Come).
I was thinking the same thing. People are just figuring out meta humans and they really are the only place that can hold them. Eventually someone like Argus or a new agency will have to be created and then they can implement one of the many metahuman/super villan prisons

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's the first time he got shot, they were showing exactly that kind of reaction.

You should probably bail on the show.
This.

He will never ever be running at full potential because his powers are too OP to make the show interesting.

I'm pretty sure something will happen in regards to Wells having a fully stocked prison containing Flash hating meta-humans at some point in the future.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
It just seems fucked for a team of supposedly ethical do-gooders.
Way I rationalize it, they're a bunch of kids following the lead of a charismatic and intellectual father figure in the form of Dr Wells. The fact that he's a controlling, psychotic, super-powered fucker with an agenda of his own (taking samples from the prisoners to either augment himself or produce his own super villainous army) is neither her nor there.

Ganthorn

N00b
Also what are they supposed to do with them at the moment. Put teleporter chick into regular jail? They are doing the best they can with what is a brand new situation. In this version of the universe there isn't anywhere to put these people yet. They just appeared like 6 months ago for the first time ever.