The Flight Attendant

spronk

FPS noob
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Flight Attendant

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2020-11-26

Creator: Steve Yockey

Cast: Kaley Cuoco, Michiel Huisman, Zosia Mamet, T.R. Knight, Michelle Gomez, Colin Woodell, Merle Dandridge, Griffin Matthews, Nolan Gerard Funk, Rosie Perez

Overview: Flight attendant Cassandra Bowden wakes in her hotel room hungover from the night before in Dubai with a dead body lying next to her. Afraid to call the police, she continues her morning as if nothing happened. In New York, she is met by FBI agents who question her about her recent layover in Dubai. Still unable to piece the night together, she begins to wonder if she could be the killer.

spronk

FPS noob
Season 1 just finished its run, 10 episodes total.

Season 2 has already been greenlit by HBO

I just downloaded the series, gonna check it out next week. A few friends have said its a pretty good show, and I've always had a crush on Kaley Cuoco since Big Bang early seasons

also foreign airline flight attendants are hot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
On Episode 5 of this myself. I put off watching it thinking it would be trash, it is actually quite good.

Oldbased

> Than U
I started it but got distracted. Does it move beyond she just fucks random guys without showing tits?
All of her crazy ends up part of the whole story and that is basically what these 8 episodes are, a well written story.
I enjoyed this far more than Westworld or most of the other trash.
It's a story of death, tragedy and survival that was fairly well written and everything in ep1 no matter how small is tied to the events.
There is many things that happen in Ep1 you will miss but be revealed by ep8.
You'll see people a dozen times without realizing you seen them or that they had a part to play.
Overall I give it a 7.5/10 and it kept my interest till the end. Well written and filmed and acted. Better than most things these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
All of her crazy ends up part of the whole story and that is basically what these 8 episodes are, a well written story.
I enjoyed this far more than Westworld or most of the other trash.
It's a story of death, tragedy and survival that was fairly well written and everything in ep1 no matter how small is tied to the events.
There is many things that happen in Ep1 you will miss but be revealed by ep8.
You'll see people a dozen times without realizing you seen them or that they had a part to play.
Overall I give it a 7.5/10 and it kept my interest till the end. Well written and filmed and acted. Better than most things these days.

Thank you! My initial thought was it was just her being a slut, clearly it’s a lot deeper and more to it. Will finish it. Thanks

Oldbased

> Than U
Thank you! My initial thought was it was just her being a slut, clearly it’s a lot deeper and more to it. Will finish it. Thanks
I think they did go a bit overdose on her crazy the first EP, which makes much more sense by the end, but by the 3rd you become grounded in her plight.
This isn't really my style of tv show but I enjoyed it more than most because just when you think you've figured it out, you haven't.
I highly suggest it to those of us with Max and stick with it until at least through ep4. It'll reward your brain.
I found myself last night wanting more over other activities until I finished it.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think they did go a bit overdose on her crazy the first EP, which makes much more sense by the end, but by the 3rd you become grounded in her plight.
This isn't really my style of tv show but I enjoyed it more than most because just when you think you've figured it out, you haven't.
I highly suggest it to those of us with Max and stick with it until at least through ep4. It'll reward your brain.
I found myself last night wanting more over other activities until I finished it.

Oh wow, I just restarted it. Made it to the first ... thing. Ok I'm in!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Also, really a female led shoe, fucking well acted, good writing and direction, just all over well made without any hint of man hating, SJW shit. I’m binging it as fast as I can.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
About 2 episodes in and this show is not what I was expecting. Wasnt thinking this was a dark comedy.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm all caught up with the show now, can't wait for the next episode. I think it's fantastic.

About 2 episodes in and this show is not what I was expecting. Wasnt thinking this was a dark comedy.

Right? Not at all what I thought it was either.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, really a female led shoe, fucking well acted, good writing and direction, just all over well made without any hint of man hating, SJW shit. I’m binging it as fast as I can.

Your kidding right? In the 2nd episode you have a black woman going on about how she had to work hard in a world thats against her while the white male FBI agent only got so far so fast because he was a white male.

It was a decent show outside of that moment but for the 1-2 minutes they went full on SJW.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Your kidding right? In the 2nd episode you have a black woman going on about how she had to work hard in a world thats against her while the white male FBI agent only got so far so fast because he was a white male.

It was a decent show outside of that moment but for the 1-2 minutes they went full on SJW.

True, but it was literally one statement of one scene and wasn’t ever revisited.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

when they showed her brother's family my wife was like "oh look just an average american family"

either way we made it I think four episodes in but the show isn't really doing it for us - not horrible but not great

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show was pretty good. Cuoco does a good job and can really pull off the fun, trashy party girl. There are a few things that dragged it down. One being the plot of this show could have been pulled off in probably 4 episodes instead of 8. They really spent way, way too much time in the flashbacks and "mind room". You get beat over the head with why she is the way she is and it makes the show feel very slow in places.

There were also a lot of things that just seemed to be unnecessary to the plot or weird side elements and with how predictable the show is it felt like the "resolutions" to the various storylines were a little rushed and slightly hollow.

It does have some genuinely funny moments and is well acted and the story was interesting enough to get me to keep watching. Though I did fast forward through most of the flashbacks starting around episode 4. They left it open ended enough for a second season which I would probably watch.

Overall I'd give this one a 7/10. Worth a watch if you're in a content lull but not worth dropping other stuff to pick up and watch.

Oldbased

> Than U
As I've said, I've watched far worse things on TV this year. The more I watched the more attached to it I was. It had issues but even the SJW FBI thing which also came up later in the episodes is technically true though. They love them some Ivy League white boy can't be wrong types. I had less issues with the murder room world than I did with her child flashbacks which I guess was to show her destructive behavior but they went too far with them in the sense they nailed it with a sledgehammer.
Still, I liked it more than The Wilds and Raised by Wolves and I loved how so many things were tied together but you didn't know it till episode 7/8. Many details seen in episode 1,2 and 3 that you would feel had nothing to do with her plight actually was involved in it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database