The Forest - openworld fps survival

Szlia

I assumed it meant you took the trailers with a grain of salt, as in: 'probably will not be as good as it appears to currently be.'

Troll_sl

shitlord
image.php

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Early access on steam. 15 bucks. I bought it because I love survival games.

For my first 10 minutes I gathered up what little stuff was around the plane, luckily a woman ran through with a axe was right at the edge of the crash. Upon gathering a far away piece of luggage, I noticed a camp nearby. I slowly proceeded to the camp, taking cover behind a rock. I saw 3 naked men run off into the wilderness and their camp empty. I decided to examine what was in their camp, and what I found was a ton of severed heads on pikes with cameras shoved in their mouths. I hasted my search for anything I could use to survive and found nothing. In the corner of my eye I saw a tribal approaching his home and he spotted me. He must not have thought I had noticed and he jumped up into a nearby tree. I decided to get the hell out of there and while keeping him in my view, I started backpedaling out of there. As I got farther out the tribal jumped down off the tree to follow, and when I stopped he took a moment and jumped back up into another tree. At this point I felt maybe he was more scared of me, so I decided to get into a clearing. He again followed and when I stopped and looked at him directly, he decided to hide behind a rock. Now both our views were cut off from each other and I felt this was my chance to sneak up on him. I slowly walked around the rock I last saw him at and went for the attack. He took the hit the chest and made a weird noise, I now realized I wasnt alone with him and saw another tribal in my view. Now I was facing two of these things and felt alot less confident in my ability to win this fight. I kept attacking the closer one before me and suddenly I got hit from the side from what I assume was the third tribal.

When I awoke it was very dark. I pulled out my lighter and saw I had blood covering my hands and arms. I also noticed what appeared to be silhouettes of people, but hanging upside down. I remembered I had a flashlight in my inventory so I pulled it out and confirmed what I had feared. Multiple bodies hanging from the ceiling of the cave. Some were whole and recognizable. Some were stripped of their skin, some without their entire upper body. I saw a small altar with a body ripped up, and a axe sticking out of it. I took the axe and the pain pills near by. I started heading out but I saw movement ahead so I decided to try to hide instead. I turned off the light and wedged myself into a back of another path way I found away from the movement. Then I suddenly was falling and I died.

TL;DR - Game is early alpha. Seems promising though. All that crap happened in 20 minutes play time, 5 at least were the plane crash and cut scene.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks really promising and really wanna get it but kinda torn atm seeing how Rust has turned out with the whole "early access" label.

and you can fucking edit the god damn fucking controls

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The game isn't ready yet even for early access as there isn't much that the community can provide feedback for; all you can do is wander around and chop wood for hours for limited traps/building or play hide and seek with the natives who are fairly resistant to steel axe blows. It's fun at first and the world is pretty enough but there isn't much to it as of yet unless you are a fan of simulated ecotourism and dismembered body parts.

IMO it's better to watch funny vids about it, the birds are hilarious, rather than to pay for access quite yet.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah its alpha .01. They provide a in game countdown of when the next patch will be released, which is in 15 days. As long as they have constant updates every 15-30 days, it will be ok. I dont suggest anyone buy it yet, but it looks promising.

Grimson_sl

shitlord
Saving and loading game is also currently broken atm.

The only thing to do in the game is basic survival (keeping warm, fed, etc), upgrading your base (no saves atm..), and fighting off the natives using traps and planting grotesque effigies made of dismembered limbs. The visuals are impressive for an indie game and runs without a hitch on my rig. The horror aspect is definitely there, especially when you get knocked out in a fight and you end up in a cave system with a shitty lighter (note: nothing in your backpack is taken when you get captured) and bodies, some whole some not, swinging lazily from the ceiling. Then there's the mutant abomination things.

I wouldn't recommend buying it right now, but once the crafting system is a little more fleshed out (its pretty extensive) and the bugs are fixed, its totally worth $16.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone played this recently? It come out of early access on 4/30 and release the full product. I played Subnautica recently and the survival style game is kind of growing on me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has anyone played this recently? It come out of early access on 4/30 and release the full product. I played Subnautica recently and the survival style game is kind of growing on me.
Been playing with 2 friends, although we haven't made much progress because we keep waiting for our 4th to get off his ass.

If you like Subnautica, I'd say this is definitely very similar.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been playing a lot of 7 Days to Die lately, if I picked this up would it just feel like more of the same or is it reasonably distinct?