The Forgotten City - All Platforms

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This one looks pretty good - $24.99 price point.

The Forgotten City is a mystery adventure game of exploration and deduction. Travel 2,000 years into the past and relive the final days of a cursed Roman city, where if one person sins, everyone dies. Combat is an option, but violence will only get you so far. Only by questioning an intertwined community of colourful characters, cleverly exploiting the time loop, and making difficult moral choices can you hope to solve this epic mystery. Here, your decisions matter. The fate of the city is in your hands.

Anyone give this a shot yet? Overwhlemingly positive on Steam as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It started out as a Skyrim mod that was so popular/well-reviewed they decided to expand it and turn it into a standalone game. Never got around to installing Skyrim just to play the original, but it definitely sounds interesting.

I'm tempted to buy it on MS Store even though it's $30 instead of the discounted price on GOG and Steam, since I believe this means it's at least cross-buy (not sure about cross-save though)?
Untitled.png

It doesn't have a Play Anywhere tag, but the people responsible for tagging games correctly on MS Store do a half-assed job on their best days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I watched a Let's Play of it, it has an intriguing premise and the story gets really captivating.

However it's rather short.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So played this last night on Series X for about 4 hours.

At first I was confused, but then the stories and the characters start to intertwine along with the looping functionality to solve the quests - it's fucking awesome!

I am trying to stay away from hints - some of it gets pretty deep in the puzzle solving arena and ways to solve the puzzles - but it's so damn awesome so far :)

Well worth the 30.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Just finished this after hearing some folks talk about it on a podcast and made sure I avoided looking up any spoilers. For being made from a Skyrim mod done by 3 people this was actually pretty awesome.The story had some great twists and turns.

• 1Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played this on my Series X. Loved it. Game is based on a clever concept. Don’t look up any spoilers/hints before or while you play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users