The Game Awards - Dec 5th 6PM PST

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Didn't see a thread on it.

Basically replacing the terrible Spike VGA's. Geoff Keighley is still the host. Supposed to be lots of announcements tonight. You can watch it on your console, YouTube, or Twitch.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I like how both versions of Smash Bros are up for best fighting game. Really makes these awards seem legit.

Looking foward to seeing the trailors/announcements though

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just showed Witcher 3, and announced that Geralt wouldn't be the only playable character (although they haven't unveiled who the other character is)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL @ the twitch chat during this Eve Online video. No the game isn't as cool as this video. If it was it would be the best space sim ever.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i remember that shit, friends tried to get me into that shit multiple times.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
It was interesting they announced the Wii U Starfox will be out before Zelda.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Post the Zelda video please. I gave up after the Destiny video.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That Zelda has some pretty impressive shit, like the horse AI not running into trees and stuff. I can't believe nobody has ever thought to do that.

I think they lost me when he's waving the damn control around to control the game though (I think when he was zoomed in looking around up on that cliff). Fuck that motion control shit, that's what killed my interest in the first Wii Zelda, which was one of the main reasons I even bought a Wii.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
That Zelda has some pretty impressive shit, like the horse AI not running into trees and stuff. I can't believe nobody has ever thought to do that.

I think they lost me when he's waving the damn control around to control the game though (I think when he was zoomed in looking around up on that cliff). Fuck that motion control shit, that's what killed my interest in the first Wii Zelda, which was one of the main reasons I even bought a Wii.
Hopefully it will be like the 3ds Ocarina of Time where its optional to do that. I plan on playing this game with a pro controller

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The horse in Shadow of the Collossus would turn by itself to avoid obstacles too, though in some cases if you ran straight into a wall it'd go full stop. On that note the horse in shadow of the collossus was probably the best in any video game I've played, but this had a lot of similarities, the way it kinda autoruns so you can fight without weird ass controls and how it moves fast but fluidly and shit. Hope it's just as good. Definitely buying a Wii U next year at some point, along with a PS4 for Bloodborne.

Szlia

You could indeed already ride a well animated semi-autonomous horse and shoot arrows at the same time in Shadow of the Colossus back on PS2, but, truth be told, at time it felt like a couple extra fingers would have helped. Maybe Nintendo will devise a better control scheme to do such complex actions. Well... on the control scheme front, you've got to sigh at the zoom buttons they have to put on the map because the controller is not multi-touch.