The Gift (2015)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Caught it this afternoon. Biggest reason I went is due to the positive reviews it's been getting. Some similarities to Oldboy, but pretty loose. Good bet it was used for inspiration on some level. Be prepaired for a slow-burn film (which isn't a bad thing). I knew this going in, but it tends to drag a bit in the first 45 mins or so. Once the second act picks up, it starts to move along, and before you know it, the films over. Honestly, by the time the big reveal came about, it was a little anti-climactic. I guess I kept wishing that something else was going to happen, but no dice. Still, if you're in the mood for a decent Hitchkockian suspense flick, it's worth seeing at the matinee price, and it wouldn't kill ya to wait for Netflix or other sources.

Just as a quick comparison, it's no Gone Girl or Prisoners, and definitely not Oldboy. Those being the only films I can think of in recent memory along the same vein...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Caught the Matinee, if you want to see white ppl, act like boring white ppl for 55minutes until something happens, sure.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to watch this due to the "One of the Greatest Pyschological Thrillers of the Generation" reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Movie is definitely slow for the first hour, but Edgerton's character is fucking weird enough to make you pay attention. Movie really picks up during the 2nd half, and has a pretty clever ending to it. Joel Edgerton did a really good job for a first movie. Definitely wasn't Prisoners or Gone Girl, but it was pretty clever and a decent watch.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll save ya 90 minutes, obviously link is NSFW
WatchItForThePlot - Jiffier gifs through HTML5 Video Conversion.

after her appearance on ray donovan i always imagine braces on her now
frown.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Best part of me watching The Gift (2015) was coming to this thread and having the pleasure of seeing that gif.