The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I ended up going to aforementioned woman's house tonight at 10:30 p.m. She said she wanted to talk to me on the spur of the moment at 10 P.M. So, I'm like, alright.

Nothing untoward happened, we had a beer and talked about things in the past year, until midnight, we were both tired so I left.

Then when I got back home I texted her and told her I made it back and gave a quick goodnight, and she texted back: "I am so lucky to have met you and I'm so happy you finally moved out here."

Did I tell you she's confusing, or is she confusing?

iannis

Musty Nester
TBH It sounds like she appreciates that you came over and didn't try to bang her.

It's like being fuckbuddies without the fuckin!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's a woman's way of being a friend. It's a lot different than men, they do this irrational shit all the time.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ended up going to aforementioned woman's house tonight at 10:30 p.m. She said she wanted to talk to me on the spur of the moment at 10 P.M. So, I'm like, alright.

Nothing untoward happened, we had a beer and talked about things in the past year, until midnight, we were both tired so I left.

Then when I got back home I texted her and told her I made it back and gave a quick goodnight, and she texted back: "I am so lucky to have met you and I'm so happy you finally moved out here."

Did I tell you she's confusing, or is she confusing?
What is confusing? You're friendzoned, hate the term all you want but it exists for a reason. Try making a move on her next time and report back with what happens.

Proc_sl

shitlord
.....Did I tell you she's confusing, or is she confusing?
you keep asking yourself 'does she want sex or not want sex?'

Is figuring out the answer to that question the only reason you spend time with her? Gotta ask yourself that.

She enjoys your company. That much is clear (it's 10pm I wanna hang come over!). She probably even enjoys your response to to her playful flirting.
You describe yourself as being on guard (ready to deny her), probably a different response from some of her other guy friends she hangs out with, guys who are always ready to make the friendship sexual.

You found her question about your morning schedule confusing:
Jackie Treehorn_sl said:
"we managed to sleep in the same bed together for almost two weeks (having had sex previously) without even touching each other or anything strange."
Yet the only option you consider (from what I can tell) is:

Jackie Treehorn_sl said:
"She literally could have came out and said "Come fuck me after dinner"
Not saying you're wrong. But is that really the only plausible answer? Seems to me she likes talking to you well into the night (midnight) and knows sleep-overs in the same bed are an option.

So answer the question for yourself. Are you only spending time with her to find out if you can fuck her or not? If yes, then make a move. If it works, great, you're fucking. If it doesn't, great, you can end your charade of enjoying her friendship. The charade you maintain by spending time with her.

If you actually see her as a person first. a friend first. before any sexualization (yes, she's female). Then don't make a move. keep her solidly friend-zoned. If sheforcesan escalation, you make your decision there: deny again or not. And please keep in mind that flirtation is NOT necessarily escalation. If things become sexual, she's probably entertaining the idea of friends with benefits. don't consider a relationship until after taht goes well for a while. If you deny, there's a risk the friendship crumbles. She knows that too. There's a decent chance she's never going to force an escalation, doesnt want an escalation, because you are....

the ultimate guy-friend.

She can flirt with you for fun without being propositioned (again, flirting is a playful activity in and of itself and does NOT have to be a precursor to something more). She can have you over for sleep-overs, knowing you won't make things wierd. You're accessible (come over, it's 10pm let's hang!.. and you do come over).

disclaimer: I'm not you. I'm not her. I don't know shit. good luck.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just pretend she is a guy for a minute. Do you still want to hang out? Then do so. Take the question of sex out of it and the issues go away. If you still want to fuck her then you might want to be a little bit more honest with the both of you.

Thats where FWB comes from. And it is glorious! Till one of you fucks up and goes all emotional.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, friendzoned for sure and plus one to everything Srathor said. I think the fact that she is snapping her fingers and you are skipping over to hang out and fulfill her emotional needs at 10pm on a weekday pretty much should tell you all you need to know. Mainly, deep down you don't want to be in the friendzone (hence your problem with the term, as well) with this woman and she is going to use your chivalrous nature to get what she wants for as long as you allow it. If you randomly go over to male friend's houses on a weeknight at 10pm to bullshit about random stuff and crash in their bed, then ok. But I think you know there is more to it than this, in both directions.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Redpill certainly did not invent the term Friendzone, you fucking retard.
Who are you responding to?

Yeah, friendzoned for sure and plus one to everything Srathor said. I think the fact that she is snapping her fingers and you are skipping over to hang out and fulfill her emotional needs at 10pm on a weekday pretty much should tell you all you need to know. Mainly, deep down you don't want to be in the friendzone (hence your problem with the term, as well) with this woman and she is going to use your chivalrous nature to get what she wants for as long as you allow it. If you randomly go over to male friend's houses on a weeknight at 10pm to bullshit about random stuff and crash in their bed, then ok. But I think you know there is more to it than this, in both directions.
Nah. I've frequently gone over to friends house late at night just to chill with them, especially if they ask me to come over. If you've never had this happen to you, maybe people just don't value your company? Just because she's a woman it doesn't have to mean anything else. But then again we know your history of disrespect when it comes to women.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Who are you responding to?

Nah. I've frequently gone over to friends house late at night just to chill with them, especially if they ask me to come over. If you've never had this happen to you, maybe people just don't value your company? Just because she's a woman it doesn't have to mean anything else. But then again we know your history of disrespect when it comes to women.
Curious, were you hanging out with the Megan Fox of Ohio in private or was that only on the board? I'm trying to read your responses about respect for women and not think of that skinny faggot she hang out with. Probably a conflation with the lion of rerolled, right?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am I a white knight or misogynist? Because you have called me both at various times.

At my age, when friends ask me over that late at night, its either a pre-planned activity or some form of emergency/issue where a friend needs a sounding board. But I know stuff is different when you are younger and making your own schedule, so I will give you an ignorance pass on that one.

I am guessing neither one of us have had a bro offer to share their bed with them overnight in these situations (unless you are a switch hitter, which is totally cool). Unless this woman does not own a couch, that her using him for emotional security. Its the female equivalent of a guy offering a backrub. She is keeping him on a string to get her emotional fulfillment. JT is playing along because he still wants to bang this woman again, at least on some level. I am willing to bet she knows this and knows she can jerk him around at will because she banged him once. Its a pretty common ploy and (as others have stated) he needs to either make his own play or lay down some hard boundaries, because its highly likely that this situation will (or has) interfere with his attempts at other dating. In my direct experience and experience of friends, women who have you in the friendzone don't like being put in competition for the attention of the guys they are stringing along.

Really, you could be right on this once, but the "come sleep in my bed after I summon you over late on a work night for nothing important" seems like a pretty big red flag to me. Call me old fashioned, but either you are banging or you are being respectfully chivalrous and crashing on the couch in that scenario. Any blurring of that line is generally one person using another.

If memory serves, weren't you the guy who was going to go hang out with your ex wife over sees while her new husband was away and didn't see any problem with that? I guess your view on this situation is understandable, given that discussion. Plus, what Izo said.

iannis

Musty Nester
Granted it's rare, but it really is possible that they're just buddies. Jackie might just be dealing with some residual horny. It seems like he is. Which, as a dude, is understandable and healthy.

This will either develop or it won't. If you don't push it it won't develop and you'll be Mr. Come crash in my bed when I'm feeling lonley. If you're cool with that -- hey, it can be a nice thing. This will they won't they thing can go on for years. Or until one of you finds a Significant other who WILL shut that shit down.

At the risk of sounding like a fag It's not ALWAYS about getting your dick wet. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of affection. It's weird for me to think this, because personally I'm not this type... but you don't have to be "all in" every time.

It does seem like most guys are either all in or not in at all every time. So shit like this is strange to us. But man, if you're happy with the situation don't let your brain/dick dissonance fuck it up for ya.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious, were you hanging out with the Megan Fox of Ohio in private or was that only on the board? I'm trying to read your responses about respect for women and not think of that skinny faggot she hang out with. Probably a conflation with the lion of rerolled, right?
Uhh, I "hung" out with her once when I visited LA but definitely not regularly. I didn't particularly like her when I visited either, she just happened to be there.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I a white knight or misogynist? Because you have called me both at various times.

At my age, when friends ask me over that late at night, its either a pre-planned activity or some form of emergency/issue where a friend needs a sounding board. But I know stuff is different when you are younger and making your own schedule, so I will give you an ignorance pass on that one.

I am guessing neither one of us have had a bro offer to share their bed with them overnight in these situations (unless you are a switch hitter, which is totally cool). Unless this woman does not own a couch, that her using him for emotional security. Its the female equivalent of a guy offering a backrub. She is keeping him on a string to get her emotional fulfillment. JT is playing along because he still wants to bang this woman again, at least on some level. I am willing to bet she knows this and knows she can jerk him around at will because she banged him once. Its a pretty common ploy and (as others have stated) he needs to either make his own play or lay down some hard boundaries, because its highly likely that this situation will (or has) interfere with his attempts at other dating. In my direct experience and experience of friends, women who have you in the friendzone don't like being put in competition for the attention of the guys they are stringing along.

Really, you could be right on this once, but the "come sleep in my bed after I summon you over late on a work night for nothing important" seems like a pretty big red flag to me. Call me old fashioned, but either you are banging or you are being respectfully chivalrous and crashing on the couch in that scenario. Any blurring of that line is generally one person using another.

If memory serves, weren't you the guy who was going to go hang out with your ex wife over sees while her new husband was away and didn't see any problem with that? I guess your view on this situation is understandable, given that discussion. Plus, what Izo said.
I've never claimed you were a whiteknight, I've always said you lack respect for women in general because of your terrible broad sweeping views based off your interaction with just your wife and her family (which you're obviously touting in that paragraph of dogshit).

Unless I completely misread what he typed, she didn't invite him into her bed, he thought that's what she wanted when she asked if he was busy tomorrow morning. It's not really ignorance or naivety, it's two different lifestyles. I don't mind spontaneity and don't need my life planned days in advance, so when a friend texts me at 10PM to hang out, it's not a big deal for me to just go hang out with them. I enjoy other people's company regardless of their sex. Seeking comfort in your friends isn't LOL FRIENDZONE BRAH SHE JUST TRYIN TO KEEP YA ON A LEASH. Maybe, just maybe she thinks they're friends and likes that?

I was planning an over "sees" trip where I would stop in Switz. and see my ex AND her husband. The only problem I had is if I should get a hotel room or crash on their couch for the couple days I'd be there, because I wasn't sure if her husband would be uncomfortable with the situation.

You've got a bad memory.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Granted it's rare, but it really is possible that they're just buddies. Jackie might just be dealing with some residual horny. It seems like he is. Which, as a dude, is understandable and healthy.

This will either develop or it won't. If you don't push it it won't develop and you'll be Mr. Come crash in my bed when I'm feeling lonley. If you're cool with that -- hey, it can be a nice thing. This will they won't they thing can go on for years. Or until one of you finds a Significant other who WILL shut that shit down.

At the risk of sounding like a fag It's not ALWAYS about getting your dick wet. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of affection. It's weird for me to think this, because personally I'm not this type... but you don't have to be "all in" every time.

It does seem like most guys are either all in or not in at all every time. So shit like this is strange to us. But man, if you're happy with the situation don't let your brain/dick dissonance fuck it up for ya.
You all present some interesting viewpoints on all this. Fun to talk about!

No, I agree with you, I've sort of always clicked with her because we have a lot of things in common, so I do enjoy her affection, in whatever way it's presented. Mind you none of this is stopping me from seeing anyone else, I have a scheduled date with someone else on Friday night, which I even told her about last night.

You're right, it doesn't always have to be sex.

I had sex with a woman off Tinder last week (Wednesday night) and it was lame as fuck, no real connection, it was our second date, and I left at 2 in the morning while she was sleeping because I had an interview the next day, and she was snoring. She texted me the next day and told me sorry she drank so much and was snoring. Ha. We never texted again after that.

I suppose a contributing factor with "sleepover woman" is the fact we have a history and know we connect on some levels, whereas these other women are unknown quantities at the moment.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Iannis-
Largely agree, but there is a wide gulf of platonic affection that comes before "be my personal man pillow" and its important to maintain some boundaries. At least if you want an actual friendship of equals as opposed to this friend-zoned pal who gets jerked around because she let you touch her boobs once. I do happen to believe that men and women can be platonic friends and even affectionate to a degree, but there is a line that always has to be respected for it to be a genuine friendship.

@JT-
Are you actively trying to find a long term relationship or just out trolling for sex right now in your life? If its the former, then whats going on with this friend is probably fine (unless one of you gets hung up on it), but if its the latter it may be damaging your ability to form relationships. Even if this woman is not directly interfering, you might be making (subconscious) comparisons between her and other women you are dating that are unflattering. I assume that since you are on a site like Tinder that it is the former.