The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its what passes for social interaction for her when 3am rolls around and most of us on this board are asleep. But her observation is not wrong, though I think it is a bit dated.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
She's saying that women that have a fantasy about rich playboys that will love them unconditionally despite their abhorrent behavior are to be avoided.

She's just slut shaming the gold-diggers that are attracted to me. Those women are "beneath me".

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Her comment was actually valid, if hard for a knuckle dragger who takes all direction from their dick to understand.
Ok... and why come up with The Great gatsby... there are around 2 million people in my surrounding area... maybe 10,000ish as just a rough guess, 18-40 year old women on okcupid within 50 miles... Around 15 people list that book on their profile... are you suggesting she named that book to pass it off as SERIOUS dating advice?

You might as well say women with neck tattoos aren't good to date... because there are probably MORE women with neck tattoos in my area than there are women who list that book on their profile.

And no one prior to this comment was talking about neck tattoos, just like no one was talking about The Great Gatsby... it's just fucking weird advice to give out of the blue.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ok... and why come up with The Great gatsby... there are around 2 million people in my surrounding area... maybe 10,000ish as just a rough guess, 18-40 year old women on okcupid within 50 miles... Around 15 people list that book on their profile... are you suggesting she named that book to pass it off as SERIOUS dating advice?

You might as well say women with neck tattoos aren't good to date... because there are probably MORE women with neck tattoos in my area than there are women who list that book on their profile.

And no one prior to this comment was talking about neck tattoos, just like no one was talking about The Great Gatsby... it's just fucking weird advice to give out of the blue.
I donno, man. Maybe he was trying to flirt with you, saying you should date a The Great Gatsby loving cunt. He likes to be called a cunt.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Yeah I noticed that immediately after posting.
rrr_img_103540.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Jesus. And I thoughtIwas over-analytical. You're readingwaytoo much into that comment, man.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know a ton of dumb girls who "love" The Great Gatsby and say it's their favorite book. It's literally a book about decadence and fake appearances, but most retards think it's just bad stuff happening to super kewl Kim K's from the roaring 20's. You're paranoid as fuck.

Besides, Mist is more of a The Bell Jar type of person, I bet.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know a ton of dumb girls who "love" The Great Gatsby and say it's their favorite book. It's literally a book about decadence and fake appearances, but most retards think it's just bad stuff happening to super kewl Kim K's from the roaring 20's. You're paranoid as fuck.

Decadence, yes, but it wasn't about fake appearances. Gatsby HAD massive amounts of money coming in from illegal activities, but he was spending it as fast as he was making it. The book was about showing how it's useless trying to spend money to attract women. You'll just go broke and then they will leave you, they don't care about how much effort you have put in, only what you are able to provide for them next. There is no appreciation for sacrifice. There is no loyalty. They are attracted to power, and if you give your power to a woman, you will lose her attraction.

Sure, you could say it's a Fahrenheit 451 type situation... where the author claims it's about 1 thing, but other people claim it's really about something else. But yes, the primary purpose of the book, according to the author, was intended to show how society has become. How they will cheat on their husbands to advance themselves socially. How broken the women of the era were from the drunkenness to the casual sex and how it ruined them. How criminals are held in high esteem as long as they are also rich and powerful.

Pierpont is right to emphasise the significance of the episode, its difference in kind from other variants: 'At this point, Trimalchio is, briefly, a truly different book: less awash in the golden light of quixotry, more literal and harsh.' When Nick remonstrates with Gatsby about sending Daisy back, reminding him that she's 'a person . not just a figure in your dream', and that she probably doesn't feel she owes him anything, Gatsby replies: 'She does, though.' Pierpont sees Gatsby's reply as petulant and vengeful, also out of character: 'it is not Gatsby's voice we are hearing but Fitzgerald's, helplessly intruding - Gatsby "started out as one man I knew and then changed into myself", he wrote - at the very moment when he stood at the brink both of his full creative powers and of the catastrophe that would permanently deprive him of their use.' This catastrophe was the painful disintegration of his marriage. Years later, after Zelda had been incarcerated in a mental hospital, and, in Pierpont's words, Fitzgerald's 'own life and career were in pieces', he identified September 1924 as the date at which 'I knew something had happened that could never be repaired.' September 1924 was precisely the time he was working flat out on the typescript of Gatsby, amid drunken rows and accusations, Zelda's affair, her illnesses, her morphine (for 'nervous hysteria'), her suicide attempt.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Antarius, are there chicks on your dating profile who like great gatsby? That's the only way your reaction makes sense. If there are girls you're seeing who said that and mist stalks you enough to know it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

More like The Bell Curve. Sylvia Plath was kind of a cunt. I mean, it's certainly a somewhat admirable cuntiness, and she, like myself, was able to cultivate that cuntiness it over such a short lifetime. So I can see where you might think that.