The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I don't want to answer in philosophic or psychologic language, as you'll probably brush it aside as a humanistic bro-ism. But before I answer, let me first answer the negation: what a genuine relationship is not.

A genuine relationship is not based on 'exchange' or 'investment' or 'reciprocity'. It's not based on a compromise, a 'give-and-take', or any such words derived from economic transaction, and certainly not a 'game'. Fromm gets into this in detail, but these concepts are in fact derived from the mode of life, the economic system, in which we live.

A genuine relationship then is one where you 'walk in love'. That is in precise language, all of those words that we say we want but never do, we are: caring, attentive, understanding, committed in the sense of developing and growing together, and more importantly, realizing each other as an individual - realizing those potentialities in each, together. You walk in this mode of thought everyday alongside with your significant other, without thoughts of egoism or control (and this includes attachment). However, you cannot love someone unless you love everyone. Your love, by its very definition, extends to every single person, not just an object of your affectation. It's a free association of genuine activity. So goes the genuine activity together, so goes the genuine relationship.
The problem with this line of thinking is that it assumes that everyone is equal. Everyone is NOT equal. This is easily provable in this context by the way: Ask a woman if there's any difference between Brad Pitt and Danny DeVito. Ask a man if there's any difference between Melissa McCarthy and Emma Stone. The differences are clear. One is more desirable than the other. Desire is the basis of this "market mentality", plain and simple, not some unnamed and insidious mental sickness.

And again, true, real love in life is a very rare thing, as it requires a breaking down of two egoisms and a breakaway from the normal patterns of thought of a society - to break away from the commodification of every aspect of life. To do this, not only do you have to first realize it, but you have to actively practice it everyday amongst... well... a society of millions of mentally sick people.
First you say that for your ideal society to work that everyone must love everyone else equally. Then you go on to say that love between two people is a very rare thing. You don't see a problem here?

To me the problem with your line of thought is -as others have mentioned- that other than a parent-child relationship, all love is conditional. The conditions vary, but they are still there. If conditions between two people in love change enough, the love will eventually be gone. And this can be entirely independent of economic considerations. An example of this would be: Girl loves Boy. Girl is treated well by Boy. Boy loses temper one day and beats up Girl. Girl doesn't love Boy anymore. Maybe that's not the best example, (HI2U Rihanna) but you get the idea.

In short, like communist systems, your system would be doomed to failure, due to human nature. But I feel your pain. To quote Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem with this line of thinking is that it assumes that everyone is equal. Everyone is NOT equal. This is easily provable in this context by the way: Ask a woman if there's any difference between Brad Pitt and Danny DeVito. Ask a man if there's any difference between Melissa McCarthy and Emma Stone. The differences are clear. One is more desirable than the other. Desire is the basis of this "market mentality", plain and simple, not some unnamed and insidious mental sickness.

First you say that for your ideal society to work that everyone must love everyone else equally. Then you go on to say that love between two people is a very rare thing. You don't see a problem here?

To me the problem with your line of thought is -as others have mentioned- that other than a parent-child relationship, all love is conditional. The conditions vary, but they are still there. If conditions between two people in love change enough, the love will eventually be gone. And this can be entirely independent of economic considerations.
That boils it down a lot better than my wall of text. Thanks.

Lightning Fast
That boils it down a lot better than my wall of text. Thanks.
/Nods.

To add a personal anecdote to this whole thing: I hooked up with this chick one time a while back. She may not have been that great looking, but she sure was crazy! (Eh, it had been awhile, what can I say.) Anyway, at one point I went to pick her up at her place, and she's got like a 4 yr old kid. He's not there, but I see a bunch of pics of him all over the wall. This kid was so ugly it chilled me to my very soul. I immediately think to myself, "Damn, what if my condom breaks or something and she gets knocked up, and I'll have to look at another sure-to-be ugly-ass kid for the rest of my fucking life?" Once that thought hit me, I took about 10 mins to make up some lame excuse to bail and never saw her again.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/Nods.

To add a personal anecdote to this whole thing: I hooked up with this chick one time a while back. She may not have been that great looking, but she sure was crazy! (Eh, it had been awhile, what can I say.) Anyway, at one point I went to pick her up at her place, and she's got like a 4 yr old kid. He's not there, but I see a bunch of pics of him all over the wall. This kid was so ugly it chilled me to my very soul. I immediately think to myself, "Damn, what if my condom breaks or something and she gets knocked up, and I'll have to look at another sure-to-be ugly-ass kid for the rest of my fucking life?" Once that thought hit me, I took about 10 mins to make up some lame excuse to bail and never saw her again.
Well, it could have been his ugly ass dad's fault too.

iannis

Musty Nester
lol. Christ that's harsh. I've been tempted to cut and run a few times, but I've never actually done it.

Soldier on, suffer in silence, that's the manly way.

I have had a woman cut and run on me before. At the time it was soul-crushing, but looking back on it I've come to realize that she was pretty brave. She should have run much sooner. I was going through a desperate and needy phase -- even worse than that abortion of a text conversation if I'm being honest. I was just a giant blubbering pussy for about 8 months there.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I don't have the heart to just ditch someone like that. I had one instance when I definitely should have...I met this chick from korean cupid who was way older, and fatter and uglier than her pics.

I didnt wanna be mean though so we went to eat anyway, drank a lot, and ended up banging

Dumar_sl

shitlord

To me the problem with your line of thought is -as others have mentioned- that other than a parent-child relationship, all love is conditional. The conditions vary, but they are still there. If conditions between two people in love change enough, the love will eventually be gone. And this can be entirely independent of economic considerations. An example of this would be: Girl loves Boy. Girl is treated well by Boy. Boy loses temper one day and beats up Girl. Girl doesn't love Boy anymore. Maybe that's not the best example, (HI2U Rihanna) but you get the idea.

In short, like communist systems, your system would be doomed to failure, due to human nature. But I feel your pain. To quote Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
You wholly ignored or misunderstood everything I said. There is certainly different kinds of love, and eroticism/infatuation is one. Everyone IS equal over a length of time in a general sense. What I mean is ladder theory is accurate to some degree (especially short term), but a girl may reject a you that's higher on the ladder for a fatass bum with a receding hair line and no job. So over that longer term, it's more like some kind of circle than a ladder because the ladder theory doesn't take into account the totality of all phenomena.

It's so rare precisely becauseeveryone is sick. It shouldn't be a rare thing. Every person should have a loving orientation to every other, but not only is it rare in intimate relationships, it's rare in any relationship due to socially patterned defects in our character structure, provided by our culture, our socioeconomic way of life.

Again you misunderstood. It is NOT human nature to treat people like commodities. It is NOT human nature to be a greedy, selfish asshole. It's that these behaviors are patterned into the personality of people living under capitalism, and these character traits are celebrated and rewarded. That's why they're attractive, and that's what the self-help articles like rational male tell you to be:

Erich Fromm_sl said:
The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane.

[...] mental health cannot be defined in terms of the "adjustment" of the individual to his society, but, on the contrary, that it must be defined in terms of the adjustment of society to the needs of man, of its role in furthering or hindering the development of mental health.

[...] The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society - and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You wholly ignored or misunderstood everything I said. There is certainly different kinds of love, and eroticism/infatuation is one. Everyone IS equal over a length of time in a general sense. What I mean is ladder theory is accurate to some degree (especially short term), but a girl may reject a you that's higher on the ladder for a fatass bum with a receding hair line and no job. So over that longer term, it's more like some kind of circle than a ladder because the ladder theory doesn't take into account the totality of all phenomena.

It's so rare precisely becauseeveryone is sick. It shouldn't be a rare thing. Every person should have a loving orientation to every other, but not only is it rare in intimate relationships, it's rare in any relationship due to socially patterned defects in our character structure, provided by our culture, our socioeconomic way of life.

Again you misunderstood. It is NOT human nature to treat people like commodities. It is NOT human nature to be a greedy, selfish asshole. It's that these behaviors are patterned into the personality of people living under capitalism, and these character traits are celebrated and rewarded. That's why they're attractive, and that's what the self-help articles like rational male tell you to be:
How many fatass bums do you see with attractive women?

Lightning Fast
I understood everything you said. It's just wrong is all. Desire of one person over another is not a condition that is governed by social mores, desirable traits are. IE: In certain societies big boobs might be more desirable, in others giant asses might be, etc etc. The main influence to desire is purely biological in nature, as in, governed by hormones. And here I'm not speaking about love, but purely the desire to mate, since you seem to be conflating the two ideas.

Also, your contention about people possibly becoming equal over a long enough timeline is wholly irrelevant to mating, even if we assumed it might be true (which it isn't). Human females have a finite time in their lives that they can reliably produce children. As they age, the chances rapidly start to decrease for successful childbirth. This places a relatively higher value on their child bearing years than their non-child bearing years. From the perspective of a man who wants to create strong and healthy progeny, situations are not equal based purely on this factor, let alone all the other myriad factors that go into choosing a mate for procreation (or the procreative process, IE fucking, banging, boning, the horizontal mambo, bumping uglies, etc).

Any time you are dealing with finite resources (acceptably desirable females of child-bearing age), imbalances are created. Some get enough, others do not. Some get more than enough.

If this logical reasoning isn't enough to convince you of your error, how about empirical evidence? By your own statements, or Fromm's, you say that millions of people are sick. Nearly everyone is. Everyone is so sick that nowhere in the world does your model of everyone loves each other equally actually occur. (If this does occur somewhere in the world, please do share.) Since humans are an innovative bunch, you would think that if this system was so great, some people somewhere would have tried it, found it to be awesome, and adopted it successfully. (Again if this has happened, please point it out to me). I can't think of a single society in the world now or throughout human history where this system took root and was successful for a long period of time (several generations). Based on this empirical evidence, the conclusion I can draw is that your utopian equalistic social structure is unfeasible.

One last point, regarding love. I don't know how much you read over at the Rational Male site, but I read an interesting article there about the idea of love itself. In the article it states that Romantic love, as we know it today, was invented from whole cloth sometime around 1200ad in the feudal courts of western europe. Before that time, the notion of love between the sexes was defined completely differently than as we know it today. The article is an excerpt from a book iirc and goes into much greater detail. Assuming this is true, isn't it possible that the very bedrock (love) of the society that you're proposing as the ideal, is based upon a lie perpetrated by 13th century feminists in the throes of hypergamy? Or, another way to look at it: DESIRE is the thing that is ingrained in us biologically, and the idea of love is the thing that we are conditioned to believe, not the other way around.

Don't get me wrong Dumar, I think you're a smart guy, and I respect the fact that you consider your opinions and articulate them well, I just happen to disagree with you.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Selfishness is very much a part of human nature, perhaps the most important part. It exists in other animals, has been around since before civilization, and absolutely isn't something that is a result of capitalism. The process of evolution rewards selfishness to a degree because it works, and is a successful way to deal with the world.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I understood everything you said. It's just wrong is all. Desire of one person over another is not a condition that is governed by social mores, desirable traits are. IE: In certain societies big boobs might be more desirable, in others giant asses might be, etc etc. The main influence to desire is purely biological in nature, as in, governed by hormones. And here I'm not speaking about love, but purely the desire to mate, since you seem to be conflating the two ideas.
It is absolutely governed by the norms of a society. Biology plays a part, but it is not exclusively biology. You just said it yourself about boobs to asses. It's conditioning by a society, thought patterns that tell youwhatto desire.Your feelings, from hormones, are not generated wholly on a biological level, but a psychophysiological one.

Just look at history. What's considered attractive has changed and does change. Look at the the Venus of Willendorf statue. Why are men in suits attractive today? If you took a man in a 21st century suit and placed him in Ancient Greece, would he be as attractive? He's only attractive because women are conditioned to see the suit as such in the context of our society.

Also, your contention about people possibly becoming equal over a long enough timeline is wholly irrelevant to mating, even if we assumed it might be true (which it isn't). Human females have a finite time in their lives that they can reliably produce children. As they age, the chances rapidly start to decrease for successful childbirth. This places a relatively higher value on their child bearing years than their non-child bearing years. From the perspective of a man who wants to create strong and healthy progeny, situations are not equal based purely on this factor, let alone all the other myriad factors that go into choosing a mate for procreation (or the procreative process, IE fucking, banging, boning, the horizontal mambo, bumping uglies, etc).

Any time you are dealing with finite resources (acceptably desirable females of child-bearing age), imbalances are created. Some get enough, others do not. Some get more than enough.
Given a large enough population and time (a long period as new females constantly enter and approach 'the wall' as the rational male states it), it won't really look like a ladder, where one male sits on a higher rung than another for the whole time, all the time. it's more circular, as one fatass bum might get a 'higher status' female than the guy in the suit sometimes. But what you're talking about here is not purely biological either. Biology always plays together with social status, and that status is imparted by society.

If this logical reasoning isn't enough to convince you of your error, how about empirical evidence? By your own statements, or Fromm's, you say that millions of people are sick. Nearly everyone is. Everyone is so sick that nowhere in the world does your model of everyone loves each other equally actually occur. (If this does occur somewhere in the world, please do share.) Since humans are an innovative bunch, you would think that if this system was so great, some people somewhere would have tried it, found it to be awesome, and adopted it successfully. (Again if this has happened, please point it out to me). I can't think of a single society in the world now or throughout human history where this system took root and was successful for a long period of time (several generations). Based on this empirical evidence, the conclusion I can draw is that your utopian equalistic social structure is unfeasible.
They don'tknowthey have a mental neurosis. That's the point. No one does. They think their 'normal' is what's most mentally healthy for them and those around them, and it obviously isn't.

And I don't think they're that innovative. When you talk about ways to organize, sociopolitical and economic systems, what we have, have had, and tried are all pretty terrible. The only reason we say capitalism is the best is because it somewhat works here and now, and just because of that fact, we say it's the best there is.

And with the system, come the habits of thought patterned into people. There are many, and they're taught at home, in school, and in everyday culture. Greed is good, be selfish, the modern idea of love, and everything else was taught to you, not some base biological trait inherent in every human being.

Could it change? Could we have a better society conducive to a real idea of love? Where people are treated as people, not as commodities on a market? Absolutely, but again, what you're asking is not 'trying this idea' but trying an entire different way of life, from how we work, exchange, and interact. You can't just 'try' it - you have to completely reorganize the entire socioeconomic structure. It has been tried to some extent, some of the French communes have organized themselves around the idea of free association of work.

One last point, regarding love. I don't know how much you read over at the Rational Male site, but I read an interesting article there about the idea of love itself. In the article it states that Romantic love, as we know it today, was invented from whole cloth sometime around 1200ad in the feudal courts of western europe. Before that time, the notion of love between the sexes was defined completely differently than as we know it today. The article is an excerpt from a book iirc and goes into much greater detail. Assuming this is true, isn't it possible that the very bedrock (love) of the society that you're proposing as the ideal, is based upon a lie perpetrated by 13th century feminists in the throes of hypergamy? Or, another way to look at it: DESIRE is the thing that is ingrained in us biologically, and the idea of love is the thing that we are conditioned to believe, not the other way around.
Sure, and I agree with lots on that site. Every society defines it a little differently. We still harbor some of those old remnants and combine it with modern ideas that work for us. I'm not talking about the idea of courtly love: my love is completely different. Romantic love is a small part of what love should be, and remember I said you can't just love a person, one person, which is what the feminists are trying to instill. You have to love all, everyone, else it's just some form of neurotic attachment to a person as some kind of object that fulfills your desire.

Desire is not love. Desire for sex is biological absolutely, but what is attractive changes per a given society. This, of course, leads to infatuation, erotic love, romantic love, often neurotic attachment to a person as an object (again, because that object fulfills another's desire).

I do agree with a lot of that site. It is true that the feminists have imparted ideas onto society like courtly love, and the white knights are sorta the infantry in their little army. The usefulness of it, however, is in the context of our modern society. That is to say, it's helpful insomuch as society is sick. It helps you succeed, but you're, we're all still mentally ill.

Don't get me wrong Dumar, I think you're a smart guy, and I respect the fact that you consider your opinions and articulate them well, I just happen to disagree with you.
Thanks, some quotes for more perspective:

Erich Fromm_sl said:
Love is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis for the promise to love each other forever. A feeling comes and it may go. How can I judge that it will stay forever, when my act does not involve judgment and decision.

[...] Love isn't something natural. Rather it requires discipline, concentration, patience, faith, and the overcoming of narcissism. It isn't a feeling, it is a practice.

[...] Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person; it is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

[...] Is love an art? Then it requires knowledge and effort.

[...] The main condition for the achievement of love is the overcoming of one's narcissism. The narcissistic orientation is one in which one experiences as real only that which exists within oneself, while the phenomena in the outside world have no reality in themselves, but are experienced only from the viewpoint of their being useful or dangerous to one. The opposite pole to narcissism is objectivity; it is the faculty to see other people and things as they are, objectively, and to be able to separate this objective picture from a picture which is formed by one's desires and fears.

[...] Modern man has transformed himself into a commodity; he experiences his life energy as an investment with which he should make the highest profit, considering his position and the situation on the personality market. He is alienated from himself, from his fellow men and from nature. His main aim is profitable exchange of his skills, knowledge, and of himself, his "personality package" with others who are equally intent on a fair and profitable exchange. Life has no goal except the one to move, no principle except the one of fair exchange, no satisfaction except the one to consume.
These traits, this 'ordination of character' as Fromm puts it, is not taught or imparted by our modern society. We're not taught, trained, or made to understand what it means to love another, to love all. We'retaughtto be greedy, to be selfish, and hence, that greediness and selfishness is made understood by things like the 'sexual market value' chart and plate spinning. It's useful to be successful, but from a mental health perspective, those concepts and the reason behind those concepts should not exist.

Lightning Fast
It is absolutely governed by the norms of a society. Biology plays a part, but it is not exclusively biology. You just said it yourself about boobs to asses. It's conditioning by a society, thought patterns that tell youwhatto desire.Your feelings, from hormones, are not generated wholly on a biological level, but a psychophysiological one.

Just look at history. What's considered attractive has changed and does change. Look at the the Venus of Willendorf statue. Why are men in suits attractive today? If you took a man in a 21st century suit and placed him in Ancient Greece, would he be as attractive? He's only attractive because women are conditioned to see the suit as such in the context of our society.
I don't disagree with this, but it's not my point. My point is notwhatwe find more attractive in some people than others, it isthatwe find something, anything more attractive than others. You are of course right that all of the whats are largely dictated by social conventions, whatever they may be. As soon as you introduce biological urges into the equation though, an imbalance is created and that imbalance affects the choices people make. I believe you admitted as much, and we only disagree over the degree to how much of a part this biological/hormonal factor plays. Speaking as a former horny teenaged boy, I think it plays a huge part. The fact that it plays any part at all though, proves my point.

And I don't think they're that innovative. When you talk about ways to organize, sociopolitical and economic systems, what we have, have had, and tried are all pretty terrible. The only reason we say capitalism is the best is because it somewhat works here and now, and just because of that fact, we say it's the best there is.

And with the system, come the habits of thought patterned into people. There are many, and they're taught at home, in school, and in everyday culture. Greed is good, be selfish, the modern idea of love, and everything else was taught to you, not some base biological trait inherent in every human being.

Could it change? Could we have a better society conducive to a real idea of love? Where people are treated as people, not as commodities on a market? Absolutely, but again, what you're asking is not 'trying this idea' but trying an entire different way of life, from how we work, exchange, and interact. You can't just 'try' it - you have to completely reorganize the entire socioeconomic structure. It has been tried to some extent, some of the French communes have organized themselves around the idea of free association of work.
We could get into a huge political debate about all of this sort of thing, but there are other threads for that, and I don't really care to. All I'll say is that even in communes and in communist countries, even in societies in the distant past, in small clusters of people in remote corners of the world, I'm unaware of any sort of society where people don't make choices based on criteria of one kind or another to choose their mates.

As far as your views on love, or Fromm's, here is my problem with that: You say that the modern ideas about love are all wrong (and I don't necessarily disagree with this, shit is fucked up). I think we both agree that these ideas are the result of conditioning. So, the solution you offer is a different set of ideas about love, that must also be brought about by conditioning. What if those ideas also end up being fucked up and wrong? All we will have done in that scenario is exchange one set of fucked up circumstances for different, but still fucked up circumstances.

In my opinion the way forward is not love, but truth. Men have been lied to for so long by feminists and their ilk. Once the truth about how they operate becomes more widespread, and the aura of the 'feminine mystique' is shattered and lies broken in the dust of history, then we can take a look around and see where we are.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Read an article in Psychology Today recently that reminded me of Fromm.

Depressive Realism - Psychology Today

If so, the concept of depression may-at least in some cases-be turned onto its head and positively redefined as something like 'the healthy suspicion that modern life has no meaning andthat modern society is absurd and alienating'. For many mental healthcare experts and professionals, this is the sort of irreligion that calls for anathema. Yet the question of the meaning of life is the most important question that a person can ask, and the realization that life might be lived differently is bound to provoke a depressive reaction, a harsh winter that yet may be followed by a beautiful spring.

As ever, one must be very careful not to confuse our human nature with inadequacy, or the tender shoots of wisdom with mental illness.
Which is exactly what Fromm was talking about over 50 years ago.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You need to drop the "L" bomb on her Eomer in a totally casual way. Man up and let her say it. She probably wants to, she just probably doesn't want to say it first.

The honeymoon infatuation period is over as you say. You gotta think about what that actually means, cause now it means something.

Do it while you're having sex. Like a canadian donkey punch. j/k, don't do that man. But don't fuck this one up!
I've done this a couple times. Once during sex, I got my nut, but she seemed distracted and anxious to leave. The other time was actually after while she was cuddling with me, I started humming, and didn't pay attention to what I was humming. I actually thought it was taps, but it turns out it was the wedding march. She didn't stay the night either.

I'm debating whether or not to offer to loan her the cash (with a proper promissory note), if only to take some of the stress out of it for her.
Never loan money to a friend (or lovers or family). It's way too likely that you'll wind up losing both the friend and the money. If you offer help, just give her the money. Tell her it counts as her birthday/anniversary/christmas gift for the next 5 years if it makes her feel better. If you're not willing to just give the money, then you can't afford to loan it to her.

Oh and if you ignore my advice and do a promissory note, get some help with it. Find out how much interest you're allowed to charge in your state so it's not usery, or loan sharking. If you actually expect to be paid back, I recommend charging some interest because otherwise your loan will always be that persons last priority.

I'd like to stay friends with her but I dont know if that's practical or smart.
I dont know if her marriage is in a rough spot, mine is but that has been going on for a while and pre-dates any of this.

In the past when this has come up, as I said, I stayed clear. This time I'm feeling like "Well why cant we still be friends, what's so wrong with that".
Yup. That is the problem. Lose a good friend, or stay in a dangerous situation. I'd like to think I'm mature enough to not do anything improper, but I always go back to "is that really wise". And really... just the pace and frequency we chat it seems improper already even though there is no physical cheating and not even real flirting.
OK, so here's my take on this. You know the answer, it's written right here on the board in your own posts, you just don't want to see it. Like it or not, your decision isn't to be 'friends' with the ex. It's whether your marriage has any value for you. If its over and done with, then sign the papers, and fuck the ex again (though, don't tell the ex, cause she will lose interest once she finds out). If you stay friendly with the ex, you will not make it through the rough patch.

Young enough that if he fucks a girl half his age it's actually reprehensibly illegal instead of just being awesome.

There are benefits to being old. Few and far between, but they do exist.
Reminds me of my 34th birthday. I was with my family, and we were doing a little drinking, doing a few toasts. I raised a toast to girls half my age being legal. You shoulda seen the looks. Mom and sister were horrified, brother in law and cousin were just looking away, embarrassed.

Serious question...your age?

"Tell me how much you want me or I'll marry this other guy" is really the situation you're in? Bro.
lol, was in a situation pretty much like that once. I was glad for the out.

Science question: When not using a condom and successfully puling out, what are the chances of becoming a very upset daddy? How potent is precum and the like?
I used to date a girl who worked at a hospital. She said they had a name for people who used the pull out and rhythm methods of birth control. Parents.

Betros_sl

shitlord
Pull out method is extremely effective. Surprisingly. There are studies where, let's say, 100 people are tracked using each method of birth control (including none) and the stats posted are how many become pregnant within one year. IIRC it's 7:3 condoms to pull out.

IMO the reason this isn't common knowledge is because no one is going to go around telling the teenage/low income population that pulling out is more effective than condoms-- for obvious reasons. It takes practice and knowledge of when you are actually going to ejaculate (teens don't have this). Plus it has no SDI protection. I've been doing it for 4 years (committed relationship) now, takes a lot of self control.

If you have recently ejaculated and have not peed, your precum is potent. If not...

Also, I personally, would not use pull out and rhythm in the comparison. One involves a lot of semen in your women, one does not.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, I personally, would not use pull out and rhythm in the comparison. One involves a lot of semen in your women, one does not.
If you're doing it right, its absolutely impossible for her to get pregnant because she simply isn't fertile. Obviously doing it right is a problem with every type of contraception. But pulling out properly while she's ovulating is orders of magnitude more risky than dropping a full load in her at the right time of month, unintuitive as that may seem.

But really both are just selfish ways to avoid using a condom. Is it really worth the risk? I guess that's a personal decision. You're in a four year relationship, maybe a pregnancy wouldn't be the end of the world to you.

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly the main problem with just cumming in her bellybutton is that if you have that much self control and situational awareness other birth control methods are just easier and more effective. If you need that skin on skin contact... just fuck her tits or her asscrack.

It basically means you're not allowed to drunkfuck, and it's almost always drunk fuckers that ask about how reliable it is.