The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)

Juvarisx

Florida
I saw it over the weekend with my wife. We both enjoyed it, it was on par with Brave I guess. Worse then the classics, way better then Cars.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was really surprised they took the whole "Old West" angle. Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention to the trailers but it took me awhile to get it.... Kids loved it. Wife cried, and i'll go with what others have said. Not as good as their big names like Toy Story but better than others. I don't think anyone would be disappointed especially if you have kids. I felt it was Pixar's take on the Lion King which isn't a bad thing necessarily.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, it was closer to Brave or maybe A Bug's Life than any of their other films. pretty good movie. the animation of the scenery is fucking insane. this is next level groundbreaking shit. some sad parts as per usual pixar, but ultimately upbeat.

the screener is also out in the usual places.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thought it was better than brave, premise is lame but there was some laughs. Animation on the characters was weak

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ultimately this movie is forgettable. I actually DID forget it until a screenshot from it during a year-end retrospective made me realize that PIXAR had two flicks this year. Inside Out is an instant classic and one which will be talked about for years to come... Good Dinosaur is bargain bin fodder.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Took my wife to see this today. Not a bad little film, but it suffers from extreme familiarity in that I feel like I've seen everything it does done many times before in countless other movies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

this explains a lot. too many chefs in one kitchen and 6 year development without an ending. it was supposed to be released 2 years ago.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
More like The Annoying Dinosaur

Or

The What's Wrong with your Knees Dinosaur

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If Inside Out had not been so great, this may have hurt Pixar a bit. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything I would go out of my way to recommend.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Way too familiar and overdone, but still a solid piece. Good for kids, but not quite the great performance Pixar is capable of.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd say the quality concerns were a large contributor to the delays in release. Some probably wanted to pull a Blizzard and sweep it under the rug with StarCraft Ghost, WarCraft Adventures, and Titan, but not everyone can just eat millions of dollars in "R&D" like Blizzard can.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I will say in its favor that there were many shots I legit couldn't tell whether they were CG or RL footage. I still don't know. Water, foliage, and terrain looked incredible. Was it all CG? Did they integrate some actual footage of landscapes and plants? It was actually kind of a weird contrast compared to the uber-cartoony look of the main dinosaur, but I will give them credit for casting doubt in me.