The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New Episode out.
biggrin.png

Leevonroy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can get it at finalgear.com or wait 8 days for it to air on BBC America

When they talk about internet geeks on the show it's usually in reference to that site.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awesome montage as usual, can't wait to see some of those cars in action. The hot hatch challenge was entertaining but no idea why none of them showed up with an old ford cosworth(expensive?) seeing as how they go on and on about them. The 80's theme to include music was good times.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lost my shit when Hammond slid over the line on his side and triumphantly proclaimed "And across the line!!"

Lot more obviously produced stuff than usual in the challenges though. Good thing they're so good at making it entertaining.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my dad has a badass mustache like clarkson's. took me most of my life to get one like that. it always used to grow in thin. no fucking idea why. great episode, but yeah a lot of shenanigans with the challenges but they still proved with the mountain challenge that the GTI even 25 years later is only a little bit slower than a brand new hot hatch. if it had been a tip top GTI instead of an old beater i have no doubt it would have beaten the newer hatch's time. i also fucking love when they break out the military surplus. i so wanted to see that jaws of death in action. if it had caught May, it would have nabbed him right quick.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
my dad has a badass mustache like clarkson's. took me most of my life to get one like that. it always used to grow in thin. no fucking idea why. great episode, but yeah a lot of shenanigans with the challenges but they still proved with the mountain challenge that the GTI even 25 years later is only a little bit slower than a brand new hot hatch. if it had been a tip top GTI instead of an old beater i have no doubt it would have beaten the newer hatch's time. i also fucking love when they break out the military surplus. i so wanted to see that jaws of death in action. if it had caught May, it would have nabbed him right quick.
DP

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno dude 6-7 seconds on a 40 second course is a long fucking time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the GTI probably doesnt have as much horsepower/torque as it once had. i imagine the tires used were not right off the showroom either. there were a lot of factors against the GTI and it still made a good showing. brand new it would have whupped ass.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Top Gear is awesome and all that, but where are the track tests lately? No track test for the Alfa 4C, no test for the Shelby last season, no test for the Ferrari F12, GIVE US LAP TIMES DAMN IT!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that quad/jetski is pretty awesome. the new mclaren and the alfa are great looking on the outside and performance wise, dunno if i like that their interior is a piece of shit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I knew that Mclaren was going to be awesome, almost 1k horse power in a feather weight of a car. He didn't say the price though
frown.png

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I knew that Mclaren was going to be awesome, almost 1k horse power in a feather weight of a car. He didn't say the price though
frown.png
It's the kind of car where anyone who needs to know how much it costs can't afford one
wink.png
- and the whole production run of 375 cars has already been sold.

It is fast though:
0-62 mph in 2.8 seconds
0-124 mph in 6.8 seconds
Quarter mile in 9.8 seconds
Top speed electronically limited to 217 mph

lurker#4

Trakanon Raider
I keep expecting the new cool car development to stop, but it just gets better. I know ill never afford one of these iconic things , I just like knowing there out there.