The Great Gatsby

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
New trailer dropped yesterday.

It's been years since I've read the book, but I will check out just about anything that DiCaprio is in.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
New posters are out.

8aR0P.jpg

gE01g.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/F8Hwm#8aR0P

8aR0P.jpg

gE01g.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Movie with Leo in it. Looks like a must see to me.

I can't believe this guy has turned into one of my favorite actors now.

This is playing in a theater near me this weekend. I'm going to go see it I think.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The reviewers have been quite down on this, but then again the reviewers hated Moulin Rouge as well. I will say that that Fergie song is insanely catchy.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just got back from it, I liked it a lot. My only complaint is that the end dragged on a touch - LOTR style.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The reviewers have been quite down on this, but then again the reviewers hated Moulin Rouge as well. I will say that that Fergie song is insanely catchy.
I thought Chicago and moulin rouge were both well received, might be wrong about moulin rouge

Szlia

Chicago is by Rob Marshall, not by Baz Luhrmann. Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, it appears critics were fan of Strictly Ballroom, enjoyed Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge!, but really did not care for Australia and even less so for this version of Gastby. I'll see it anyway because of Di Caprio and Mulligan and because I am curious of what Luhrmann did with 3D.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This movie didn't really stand a chance with critics. Such a beloved book modernized. They were always going to turn their noses up.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First time I saw the trailer it seemed it was too heavily focused on the visuals ect and not the story which seems to be the complaint with a lot of the critics

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
First time I saw the trailer it seemed it was too heavily focused on the visuals ect and not the story which seems to be the complaint with a lot of the critics
But the book is about the dichotomy between our outward face and our inner desires. You have to have sumptuous, over the top visuals to make it work. It's the background composition and actors job to provide the window into the inner turmoil. The scene where Gatsby is coming in from the rain wet with a pained look on his face, absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to see it this weekend, but from what I've read the 3D should also do some justice to the story particularly the shirt scene.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
But the book is about the dichotomy between our outward face and our inner desires. You have to have sumptuous, over the top visuals to make it work. It's the background composition and actors job to provide the window into the inner turmoil. The scene where Gatsby is coming in from the raid wet with a pained look on his face, absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to see it this weekend, but from what I've read the 3D should also do some justice to the story particularly the shirt scene.
rrr_img_24358.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think I would have preferred Leo being the narrator and someone else playing Gatsby. I had a hard time separating Leo's "The Aviator" performance from Gatsby as well. I went actually because Leo was in it and I feel he always picks the right movie but I think he's beginning to run out different characters. That's my criticism but the movie itself was fantastic. I didn't like some of the songs intertwined but given it was the Moulin Rouge guys (which I liked as well), I get the idea.

I think its a great movie and my wife (who recently read the book) felt it was really true to the book.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
leo keeps playing the same character over and over again...and his usual performance over and over again...

I was really afraid this movie was going to be horrible. Walked out of the theater amazed at how much my fiance and I liked it. The visuals were excellent juxtaposition next to the shadiness of 20's New York.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw it yesterday and thought it was ok. I didn't care for the music in it so that took away from the movie for me.