The Great Outdoors! Fishing, Hunting, etc..

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hey sorry for the delayed response the week I posted this ended up being crazy and I forgot to check back in. + Nets for all those that responded.

My next door neighbor, whom I am just staring to get to know, is actually a big hunter. We had a few beers together last week and have made tentative plans to hunt next year. He totally understands I am noob city kid and is up for showing me the ropes.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Anyone local to the NE Virginia area that fishes? I am looking to start fishing again and am wondering about places I can fish from the shore for largemouth bass mostly. I live in Leesburg so anything within say an hour would be okay.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oblio, its great you found someone to show you the ropes. But you shouldn't wait till this upcoming hunting trip to get out in the woods. I recommend buying good set of boots/socks and a quality pair of binoculars, and get out this spring and summer in areas that you might want to hunt, and look for and study game and various wildlife. Making it a overnight backpacking trip would be a plus also.

spanner

Anyone ready for hunting season yet? I am just finishing up this years fishing and doing my pre hunt scouts.

spanner

It's spring time. Anyone going out for spring bear before the fishing starts up?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nope, all we have in spring turkey season. They're still in black bear protection/reintroduction phase here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Spring Turkey season opens up Saturday here and I have been hearing them gobbling for a week. Haven't gotten any calls from hunters yet.