The Grey

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Caught this on Netflix the other night, and holy fuck. I was expecting a corny action movie with Liam Neeson judo chopping wolves left and right. It's really an incredible movie about survival and the very motivation for surviving. The scene where he's paying to God for a miracle and the ending are perfect.

Whoever's idea to market this movie as Taken with Wolves should be fired immediately. It's up there with Fight Club as a great movie a lot of people miss because of shitty marketing

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He looks badass on the poster for The Grey 2 with that wolf skin coat he's wearing.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_56370.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let me save most of you some time

HE NEVER FIGHTS THE FUCKING WOLF! You know that awesome poster with the Irish Wolverine booze bottle knuckles? Yeah, you don't see him fight the fucking thing. At all. They're about to go at it and BAM! credits. After credits you see him laying on the dead wolf all beat to shit, but you never see the fight.

I was fucking pissed off at first, but it really is a very cool movie as long as you don't have that expectation. Sort of like Reign of Fire where you are promised dragons vs. tanks. Or that Jet Li movie Hero where they made it look like a non-stop action flick and it was really a beautiful love story with some fancy fighting.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
bro, its about the journey, not the destination

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The worst movie Laim Neeson has ever made. And yes, I've seen Darkman.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With Blockbuster no longer existing, I must find some alternate way to watch Darkman again now that it has been mentioned.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
bro, its about the journey, not the destination
That's what I mean by the shitty marketing.

Whether he kills the alpha wolf or not, he's still going to die out there. Whether it's by the wolf, hypothermia, or starvation. At the very beginning he has a gun in his mouth and is about to kill himself, but by the end he fights against impossible odds to survive.

But no, they tried to sell it as a corny action movie

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah I was WAY more impressed by this than I thought. I was expecting a well made action / survival movie and this went well beyond.

An indicator of how much I liked it, was that I'd bring 'The Grey' up in conversation just to recommend it to people.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The only thing I didn't like was the clothes rope, those knots would barely hold their own weight let allow 200+ pound dudes, you could even see the real rope in the clothes most of the time. They should have just had them bring real rope from the start, that whole thing would be scary enough with actual rope.

Also I had no idea there was anything post credits, will watch again
smile.png