The Guild 2 - Renaissance

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Got this off of GoG and have started playing it - searched but didn't find a thread here (but maybe that's a result of the name). It's an older game but (1) developers finally released the patch that fixed a bunch of major bugs (that previously required a bunch of fan-mods to make playable) late last year, (2) it scratches my economic/medieval rpg-ish game itch, (3) it's one of the least politically correct games ever made and (4) it was cheap.

The only problem is that searching for information on the game (such as building or job-specific strategies) results in a lot of hits on GW2. So on the offchance that anyone here knows of some good sites/material I thought I'd post. The game manual is horrible which is a problem since there's a lot of stuff that is going in this game and the tutorial is almost, but not quite, completely worthless (for example the tutorial on courting, completely fails to mention the very important "Important Persons" (which lists candidates most likely to say yes) button in the lower right corner.

Review if you've never played it: It's the only game (system) I know where you can potentially do one or more of the following: run a fishing/farming/etc empire, become a judge/sentence someone to death/prison/etc, rob/kidnap/force someone into marriage, or/and preach a sermon/get elected Pope, but the interface is uber-clicky despite which sometimes clicking on something doesn't do what it should and instead you have to click a specific pop-up action button. For example: you have to click to center on a building, and then click on the enter button to enter. -_-

Anyway:

Any direction to strategy or job guides/interesting mods that work with the latest patch appreciated.

Meh YouTubes videos mostly-related (blame GW2):

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Don't know if you've seen the official forums tad

Guild 2 forums including Mod section (not sure if they work for Renaissance) :The Guild 2 - English Board

Renaissance forum :The Guild 2 - Renaissance
Thanks. I found what I was looking for on Steam's forums. The Nordic site isn't helpful because all the recent updates/discussions were on the runeforge site which is now (apparently) shutdown.

The Legacy Mod 2.01 for Renaissance (For Patch 4.211). Requires uninstall/reinstall.Legacy-2.01en

The Steam forums also have info on an in-development Mod (MegaMod 0.7) but so far as I can tell from reading the Steam forums: the Legacy mod is the one recommended by current players. YMMV

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ha! I had fun just watching that guy beat the shit out of everyone.
There are better things one can do than just kidnap for ransom money...
rrr_img_123599.jpg