The Guilty (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Guilty (2021)

Tagline: Listen carefully.

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Riley Keough, Ethan Hawke, Peter Sarsgaard, Christina Vidal, Eli Goree, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, David Castañeda, Paul Dano, Vivien Lyra Blair, Bill Burr, Beau Knapp, Edi Patterson, Adrian Martinez, Marlene Forte, Gillian Zinser, Byron Bowers, Maurice Webster, Bret Eric Porter, Sal Lucio, Christiana Montoya, Becky Wu, Aileen Burdock, Terence J. Rotolo, Dillon Lane, Oscar Balderrama, Jaime FitzSimons, Jonathan Hunt

Release: 2021-09-24

Runtime: 91

Plot: A demoted police officer assigned to a call dispatch desk is conflicted when he receives an emergency phone call from a kidnapped woman.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nic Pizzalotto of True Detective showrunner fame wrote this movie.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Szlia

It's a remake of a 2018 danish film of the same name. The original was ok, but I am not exactly sure why it warrants a remake especially in the Netfilx age, when foreign films and shows with subtitles can enjoy a lot of success. Making it that much more odd that Netflix is producing this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This is pretty intense and Gyllenhaal did a good job portraying a guy who's not coping with life.
Haven't seen the original.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This was good, very intense all the way through. I recommend it because Jake G is great in it (the whole movie is basically just his face) and it comes in at a nice, clean 91 minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
classic Nic cop drama with 2-3 twists per his M.O.

didn't feel like I wasted my time. delivered on the gripping intensity and the length was what it needed to be

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This was good, very intense all the way through. I recommend it because Jake G is great in it (the whole movie is basically just his face) and it comes in at a nice, clean 91 minutes.
I'm not a HUGE fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, though I don't mind him. That being said it's a testament to his skill that he's acting by himself almost the whole movie. He does a great job in this

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This was a decent movie, the run time being the best thing about it imo. Almost no movies need to be longer than 90 minutes and this one felt perfect in that regard.

• 1Like

Szlia

It must be The Guilty season, because there is actually a play adaptation of the movie that just opened in Paris. All the action happening in one location obviously made it a prime candidate for a stage production.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Watching this was a terrible experience. A never ending hope that 5 minutes of the movie won’t involve a phone, but the director trolls you by even adding phones to the bathroom scenes.

most of the ‘intensity’ was watching Donnie Darkos character have a nervous breakdown as you get to piece together why he’s such a douche, but ultimately none of it matters because cops and phones suck so who cares ?

big Jake fan and big true detective fan, skip it !

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Solid movie. Nothing amazing, but the runtime is perfect and Jake is a great actor. 7/10.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Jake Gyllenhaal is great so I watched it, but not even he could save this one.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database