The Hair Era

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Graduated high school in '92 and played in bands '88-'96. During the "hair era", all that matters was how fast you could play guitar and how high of a note could you sing. I always leaned to the heavier side during the period, but was and still am a DIE HARD fan of The Cult. This video was a high point of that era.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Hair Nation channel on SiriusXM (Channel 39) is literally this, all day every day. It is glorious. Although Fire Woman shows up on 38, Ozzy's Boneyard.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Look up Blessed By A Broken Heart if you want some current day hair metal. Similar to Steel Panther but more synths. Electric Callboy is another one to some degree.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Look up Blessed By A Broken Heart if you want some current day hair metal. Similar to Steel Panther but more synths. Electric Callboy is another one to some degree.
I was briefly into Eskimo Callboy when Hypa Hypa, We Got the Moves, and Pump It came out. I love those songs and videos. Then they caved and changed their name to Electric, and I haven't listened to anything new. I still rock those 3 songs on occasion, because they are great for workouts and motivation or even just the drive home, but that's it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was briefly into Eskimo Callboy when Hypa Hypa, We Got the Moves, and Pump It came out. I love those songs and videos. Then they caved and changed their name to Electric, and I haven't listened to anything new. I still rock those 3 songs on occasion, because they are great for workouts and motivation or even just the drive home, but that's it.
100% with me too. They had a new song come out that was decent but just the fact that they rewrote songs and changed their name turned me off.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I once spent far longer than necessary (of work time though) trying to find out who one of the other girls in that video was, besides the main chick. Stupid, I know, because she was probably just a rando one and done, and today would be old as fuck, and it isn't like there's a high chance she was ever naked on the internet or anything, but I was bored. Never did find her, but if I remember correctly there was actually a behind the scenes video I found during my investigation that was better than you'd expect, so at least I got something out of it.

Not that anyone cares, but here's the one that I was looking for. Obviously it looks better in motion than freeze-framed like that, but you can see the timestamp. That look just does it for me man.

GS Chick.jpg

• 1Solidarity