The Halloween Movies, TV, and Media Thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was thinking about all of the films and TV shows and books and animated features that I enjoy watching during this month of October and decided to make a thread just for them. These are the films and TV specials that I think of when I think of Halloween and are all a big part of why I find Fall to be so magical. It's my favorite time of the year.

First, the Halloween Tree. The animated cartoon and the book by Ray Bradbury are both very, very good. Wonderfully dark and full of Halloween spirit and Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud is maybe one of my favorite character names ever.

Intro scene -

Something Wicked This Way Comes, also from Bradury. I prefer the film to the book but again they are both very good. YOU'LL NOT WEAR MY SADNESS FOR GLAD RAGS. For a children's film it's justimpossiblydark.

Whole film, not great resolution.

Halloween is Grinch Night. Complete and total Halloween flavored acid trip. Starts kinda slow and then goes completely and utterly off the goddamn rails.

Full cartoon, good quality.

Pet Sematary. Again, I prefer the book and try to read it each fall but the film is still quite good. It's also the movie that Denise Crosby left TNG for. Really, really kicks the audience in the teeth and then does it again and then a few more times.

Just a clip from the film of Gage flying a kite -

Trick R Treat. It is a contemporary horror film but it's just got great Halloween flavor. The film is divided into a series of interconnected stories that take place on the same Halloween night. It's violent, fun, dark, and a very good time.

Trailer.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you put a gun to my head and told me to name my favorite film or you'd spray cherry pie all over the wall behind me this is what I'd name. I remember catching this for the first time many years ago on VH1 on Halloween night. One of the few films I actually care to own a physical copy of.

The full soundtrack -

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't know there was a video limit.

Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch. It's definitely the black sheep of the Halloween franchise with no Michael Myers but it's got Tom Atkins in it being awesome and all kinds of crazy shit like Stonehenge, melting heads, and robot killers.

Theatrical trailer

So those some of my essential Halloween viewings.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My favorite time of year and horror films are my favorite to watch.

For me, without a doubt the most essential movies to watch are Halloween 1 and 2. Halloween 1 still to this day is the best horror film every made IMO. The way Myers stalked Laurie through the streets while she was banging on doors was so awesome. The film really shows that low budget effects of the 70s-80s were the best. Halloween 2 is great for the continuation of the first.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I'll add a few to this.

Also starting with an animated film. A short story.

The Tale of Ichabod Crane

Gotta have some Evil Dead 2 in there.

A classic horror movie I've always enjoyed.

And of course this classic.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Last couple of years I've made a Pandora station based on the Halloween Theme and played that in my office throughout October. Get eerie and great "mood music" as you will, as opposed to the standard Halloween music that has stuff like Monster Mash on it. Halloween theme, Psycho theme, Bobby Beausoleil and his weird stuff, I think it even did the X-Files theme once.

I remember getting it on with the woman once to the station, added a certain je ne sais quoi to it.

For movies, I get to ad Cabin in the Woods and Evil Dead remake this year to the standard rotation.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Wife and I always make it a point to watch Young Frankenstein every Halloween. Also, Teri Garr used to be so damn hot.

Young Frankenstein is the only Halloweenish movie for me.

The thriller/horror genre are good all year around. With "The Thing" (1982 remake) being the best!

Event Horizon is a good "scary" movie if your looking for such.

and what Halloween could go without Zombies.............. even if they are a wee bit played out......

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Someone needs to post a pic of Cam's Goblin Cock. That could be considered Halloween Horror Media, right?

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to 2nd trick 'r treat. It's an awesome Halloween flick. But my favorite movie is idle hands. Jessica Alba, so hot want to touch the hiney.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
First, the Halloween Tree. The animated cartoon and the book by Ray Bradbury are both very, very good. Wonderfully dark and full of Halloween spirit and Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud is maybe one of my favorite character names ever.
I'm really interested in watching this but I can't find it on the inter-webs anywhere.