Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Harder They Fall (2021)

Tagline: A new day is dawning.

Genre: Western

Director: Jeymes Samuel

Cast: Jonathan Majors, Idris Elba, Regina King, Zazie Beetz, Delroy Lindo, Lakeith Stanfield, Danielle Deadwyler, Edi Gathegi, Deon Cole, Julio Cedillo, Woody McClain, RJ Cyler, Damon Wayans Jr., Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Jacobi Howard, Tait Fletcher, Dylan Kenin, Andria B Langston, Ernest Marsh, Chanel Mack, Tracy Obonna, Howard Ferguson Jr., Bonita King, Mickey Dolan, Marissa Freeman, Sadiqua Bynum, Zacciah Hanson, DyNiesha Lysette Whitfield, David Hight, Stephanie Hill, Vic Browder, Ivan Lee Holmes, Michael E. Stogner, Angie Jenkins, Steve Corona, Peyton Jackson, J. Nathan Simmons, Terrence Clowe, Manny Rubio, Nicholas G. Sims

Release: 2021-10-22

Runtime: 139

Plot: Gunning for revenge, outlaw Nat Love saddles up with his gang to take down enemy Rufus Buck, a ruthless crime boss who just got sprung from prison.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
We wuz cowboys!
Sure they were, I think point of this movie is *you* weren't cowboys. The only safe spaces are all black spaces! Movies are Black Eliminationist or White Supremist; there is no middle ground.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This post was prompted by this text from my best friend, who consistently gives me the worst fucking movie recommendations.
Screenshot_20211107-121832_Message+.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the previews made it look like mario van peebles "posse"

except this is political

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i like westerns so i'll watch, no rush tho its gonna be on netflix forever

idris elba seems to like westerns, done a few recently

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For what it's worth, I like westerns too, I tried watching it last night and only got about 20 minutes in. Then turned it off and watched desperado instead.

I'll probably try this again at some point but it wasn't doing much for me

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched Old Henry last night which I really enjoyed. It reminded me of Appaloosa with the slow pace and then fast deadly action. I wonder if this will be as good.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
the previews made it look like mario van peebles "posse"

except this is political
Yeah, all I was thinking while watching the trailer was this is a shitty version of Posse.

Didn't Van Peebles have so many golden bullets meant to kill a specific person or something like that? It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I at least remember it being an enjoyable movie.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Meh for me. Too much talking, not enough action. Action was good tho. Hahahahaaha white men are the devil.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ROFL an entire town of dinger cowboys. Yeah, the 19th century was littered with those...

Fucking shit pisses me the fuck off. Westerns are my favorite genre because they remind me of watching Clint Eastwood movies with my dad when I was 5-10. So, there's a ton of nostalgia there. They rarely get made anymore because of garbage like this.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure there were more than a few all-black towns in the west pre- and post-civil war. Before, mostly in Indian Territory (Oklahoma), but scattered throughout post-civil war.

The white ranchers didn't take their slaves to the war, so they spent the whole time getting trained by Mexicans to be as good or better cowhands as the white guys. Cowboy was one of the few jobs a black man could hold and be considered (at least near) an equal. Especially on the trail, where they were responsible for keeping each other alive, not so much in white towns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
ROFL an entire town of dinger cowboys. Yeah, the 19th century was littered with those...

Fucking shit pisses me the fuck off. Westerns are my favorite genre because they remind me of watching Clint Eastwood movies with my dad when I was 5-10. So, there's a ton of nostalgia there. They rarely get made anymore because of garbage like this.
News of the world. Tom Hanks 2021 western. No sjw bullshit. HBO Max

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
News of the world. Tom Hanks 2021 western. No sjw bullshit. HBO Max
Seen it. Old Henry - seen it. The Sisters Brothers - seen it. All great westerns in the last 5 years (although, News of the World isn't that great, just good because nobody makes westerns anymore).

I'm understating it when I say that Westerns are by FAR my favorite genre.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database