The Hunt (2019)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 6 Votes
Title: The Hunt (2019)

Genre: Action, Thriller, Horror

Director: Craig Zobel

Cast: Emma Roberts, Justin Hartley, Glenn Howerton, Ike Barinholtz, Amy Madigan, Teri Wyble, Wayne Duvall, Sylvia Grace Crim, Steve Coulter, J.C. MacKenzie, Reed Birney, Hans Marrero, Iyad Hajjaj, Ned Yousef, Dean J. West, Betty Gilpin, Hilary Swank

Release: 2019-09-26

Runtime: 115

Plot: Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose… The Hunt.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just saw a trailer for this and it looks like a pretty generic 'deadliest prey' type movie. The thing that caught my eye, for those that are interested, is that this looks like it is either going to be a pro-conservative or conservatives are terrible type movie but cannot be something in between. When told that her idea of hunting humans is good Hillary Swank says 'they aren't human' and then it cuts to pictures of the people in what looks like sovereign citizen/survivalist gear. Most of the hunted have southern accents and it looks like they are all white. All that to say that I cannot imagine Blumhouse (or any studio for that matter) greenlighting a movie where the conservatives are sympathetic. Again, interesting how this will actually turn out and then be received by critics. I am a fan of some of the actors and the lead is pretty hot so I'll probably see it no matter what.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
does this guy show up

predator.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
How in the fuck is Hillary Swank in this movie? Did she get hooked on meth and need a paycheck?

And how can this not be a 99% versus 1% typical schlock. Revenge against the rich. Cathartic perhaps, but pretty cliche.

Will fastforward on Netflix for the death scenes.

Cybsled

This isn't exactly a new movie concept. They've all done the "rich can do whatever the fuck they want to the plebs" angle.

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
"Did anyone see what our ratfucker-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

The script for The Hunt features the red-state characters wearing trucker hats and cowboy shirts, with one bragging about owning seven guns because it's his constitutional right. The blue-state characters — some equally adept with firearms — explain that they picked their targets because they expressed anti-choice positions or used the N-word on Twitter. "War is war," says one character after shoving a stiletto heel through the eye of a denim-clad hillbilly.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You know what the difference between progressives and conservatives are?

I don't give a fuck if they make this movie and market the shit out of it during mass shootings as I know the two are wholly unrelated.

Also, I won't see it if I don't like the message.

Why is this so hard?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Giving this money should result in you not being able to vote

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I don't know, given how these kinds of movies normally go and given what I saw in the trailer, it looks like the conservatives win in the end. Sure it's a blonde chick doing all the killing for the conservatives like the love child of John Wick and Laura Southern but it's Hollywood and the south has to be woke and PC too. Will the movie be awful? Sure, most likely but I don't think the libs are gonna get away, could be a reverse Purge thing going on, 100% a movie I'd watch on TV one night when I can't find the remote.

• 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database