The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't listened to it yet, but why the fuck would that be a goal of the Innocence Project?

Because they're ideological radicals. "Innocence" might mean different things to different people. I'm not saying they are, I'm just curious.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Because they're ideological radicals. "Innocence" might mean different things to different people. I'm not saying they are, I'm just curious.
innocence projects most famous aquittal
W5AJ3KNSTFL2FAR2TPVMFQMFRA.jpg

they mainly go for the forensic/dna evidence used wrong, or new dna evidence has come to light/ is available/ new tech etc.

iannis

Musty Nester
Is that the problem though? What they're calling "technicalities" there are our rights and civil liberties, as implemented in the law enforcement system. Without seeing specific cases it's hard to say, but if there's some cop falsifying evidence or some prosecutor violating the rights of the accused, fuck them. Why should I be upset about their bullshit being exposed?

Yeah, the system is supposed to be right and do it right every single time.

This is what the ACLU -used- to do back when they had a reason to exist. the criminal justice system is important enough that it should be scrutinized in this way. And no one should feel threatened by it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is that the problem though? What they're calling "technicalities" there are our rights and civil liberties, as implemented in the law enforcement system. Without seeing specific cases it's hard to say, but if there's some cop falsifying evidence or some prosecutor violating the rights of the accused, fuck them. Why should I be upset about their bullshit being exposed?

You shouldnt. Ill have to listen to this one to see what you guys are talking about. But there are plenty of convictions overturned on shit likw someone filling out paperwork wron,g but the guy was guilty. My point is just that Innocence Project isnt about just freeing innocent people, but overturning all wrongful convictions. Im not saying its right or wrong, but its typical liberal organizational naming to hold a moral high ground.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so far i listened to one case from that podcast, and it was about san fran about a kid from the projects that got wrongfully convicted (basically popo found a bitch to say this is him, he da guy)

and on it, both of them say it was kamala harris and her aggressive convictions and whatever that lead to him getting thrown in there...

but b/c she's black they forgive her

while praising the new da

why do they praise this guy? b/c he doesn't convict anyone! he's letting everyone go free, he's letting all crimes that basically aren't murder or armed robby go un prosecuted.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It's a proud San Francisco tradition to not enforce the law. In totally unrelated news, the city is full of drugs, prostitutes, and homeless people.

Quite a utopia they're creating with their altruistic social policies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I listened to the entire podcast with the Innocence Project dudes. I'm interested to see what you guys make of it. The San Francisco thing speaks to the more political (imo) portion of the podcast whent hey talked about the churn within the poor populations, just cycling people in and out of jail. Their point was that at some point you have to stop the cycle, with something. There has to be a balance with that, you have to protect people's property and lives of course. But I think the point of what they were saying is that the jails aren't filled with murderers and rapists, they're filled with drug crimes and parole violations and driving violations.

For all I know these guys had private villas on Epstein's island. But if you take what they say at face value, it's pretty inspiring. Two wealthy guys who could be doing anything devoting their lives to freeing people who were wrongfully convicted. Look at the stories of the people they've freed: The Innocence Project 2018: A record year in exonerations

The cash bail thing is something no one ever talks about but is incredibly fucked up.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They did that "truant children" thing he describes to my aunt in Texas. My cousin was a fuckup and was skipping school to the point that the judge ordered my aunt to physically accompany him to classes to ensure he went, and if he didn't go she would be in violation. Over the course of that bullshit she had several fines and related charges, lost her job, lost her marriage, it was crazy. Meanwhile, cousin is still a fuckup.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought the Innocence Project episode was great. If you don't think our Justice system is fucked, then you must not be paying attention. It is fine to be skeptical, but at least give it a listen before you write them off.

Some of the cases they talk about are a pretty egregious miscarriage of justice. I am glad there are people out there willing to give of of their own personal time and money to help find the truth.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought the Innocence Project episode was great. If you don't think our Justice system is fucked, then you must not be paying attention. It is fine to be skeptical, but at least give it a listen before you write them off.

Some of the cases they talk about are a pretty egregious miscarriage of justice. I am glad there are people out there willing to give of of their own personal time and money to help find the truth.
I remember first hearing about it and there were people in the US justice system gushing over it saying "oh wow, you mean some people may actually be innocent and it's not just bullshit to get out?". Like it was some massive revelation.

The whole plea bargain thing is bullshit too, scaring innocent people into a lesser charge to avoid prison time. I don't think we have that in the UK.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Rob Lowe episode might be an all time top 10

Yeah, I thought it was going to be another lame, "famous person" episode. But, when I saw it pop up on my podcast app at 3 hours long (most of the super famous actor types are 1-2 hours at most), I got intrigued.

Rob Lowe is down to earth as fuck and extremely cool. Fantastic episode.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I thought it was going to be another lame, "famous person" episode. But, when I saw it pop up on my podcast app at 3 hours long (most of the super famous actor types are 1-2 hours at most), I got intrigued.

Rob Lowe is down to earth as fuck and extremely cool. Fantastic episode.
They touched base on all the usual topics but I don't feel like they went in depth on anything, which is what I like to see.

Was nice seeing how much they had in common though.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They touched base on all the usual topics but I don't feel like they went in depth on anything, which is what I like to see.

Was nice seeing how much they had in common though.

fair- they just hit on so many things and clicked so well they never got deep in the weeds.

I also think joewas super tentative to push on a lot of subjects because of Robs personal issues. Seems like he’s pretty open and he has a bookout about it but maybe joe just didn’t want to lean inon “tell me what it’s like doing coke with Charlie sheen“

iannis

Musty Nester
I like the rob lowe one. I liked the last one that rob lowe did, too. Pretty sure that he's done one previously.

The only part I had to skip through was when joe started going college acidhead about DMT. Yeah, trips can be powerful experiences. And trying to describe them to someone who isn't tripping with you at the moment is an exercise in sounding like a complete retard. Ginsberg couldn't do it, and he tried.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I listened to the entire podcast with the Innocence Project dudes. I'm interested to see what you guys make of it. The San Francisco thing speaks to the more political (imo) portion of the podcast whent hey talked about the churn within the poor populations, just cycling people in and out of jail. Their point was that at some point you have to stop the cycle, with something. There has to be a balance with that, you have to protect people's property and lives of course. But I think the point of what they were saying is that the jails aren't filled with murderers and rapists, they're filled with drug crimes and parole violations and driving violations.

For all I know these guys had private villas on Epstein's island. But if you take what they say at face value, it's pretty inspiring. Two wealthy guys who could be doing anything devoting their lives to freeing people who were wrongfully convicted. Look at the stories of the people they've freed: The Innocence Project 2018: A record year in exonerations

The cash bail thing is something no one ever talks about but is incredibly fucked up.

I thought it was pretty good. I'm pretty sure things aren't as cut and dried as they make it out to be, but I think for the most part they're doing the lord's work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was pretty good. I'm pretty sure things aren't as cut and dried as they make it out to be, but I think for the most part they're doing the lord's work.
when i was reading about them (cuz of making a muderer) i remember that half the cases they take on, are actually proven guilty with new dna, as in the guy said he didn't do it, but with new dna tech... yes that seamen is yours dude, you lied to us.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That's not surprising. I wished Joe would have asked them how often they are lied to and if they've ever been fooled.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think most of the more general things they were talking about are true whether the person is guilty or not. Respect their rights, care more about solving the crime than just building stats, follow the law, etc.

He said they've gotten 30 guys off death row, wrongly convicted, in Florida alone. That's nuts.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I think most of the more general things they were talking about are true whether the person is guilty or not. Respect their rights, care more about solving the crime than just building stats, follow the law, etc.

He said they've gotten 30 guys off death row, wrongly convicted, in Florida alone. That's nuts.

You excited to suck that Biden/Harris cock?

• 2Worf