The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I listened to #2117 with Ray Kurzweil today at work. During the podcast, Ray kept talking about how AI is going to make the world a better place or something along those lines. I hardly agree with him, but it could make it an interesting place. Joe brought up that what AI should work on is making a "new" universal language for EVERY person on Earth to use. Listening to that, my mind started to wander, thinking that the AI should pull basic sounds from every language and crafts something new that we could all use. That way it doesn't leave out people whose language doesn't even remotely have similar sounds. Interesting theory, but doubt it would ever happen.
I used to think that shit too. "We'd all get along better if there wasn't a language barrier". Now I'm not so sure. I'm really tired of hearing a lot of people's opinions. I'd hate them left if I couldn't understand them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I used to think that shit too. "We'd all get along better if there wasn't a language barrier". Now I'm not so sure. I'm really tired of hearing a lot of people's opinions. I'd hate them left if I couldn't understand them.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I just think it would be neat being able to speak to everyone, even if you hate them. Just the ability to talk with someone in important.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The entire civilized world is already on the English standard. What use do we have for universal language. What problem is that fixing? Does anyone really care if you are speaking the same language as some fly and shit covered Gypsy barbarian dark elf across the world that you’ll never interact with?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We’ll have (pretty close already) universal translators before a universal language could be created.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The entire civilized world is already on the English standard. What use do we have for universal language. What problem is that fixing? Does anyone really care if you are speaking the same language as some fly and shit covered Gypsy barbarian dark elf across the world that you’ll never interact with?
It hurts France's feelings if the universal language is English.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

YouTube lockin this one down hard. Check out the views
haha
a483330dab473601775b52ed62c19334.jpg

tucker is performing worse than some cult bitch and way behind that faggot neal brennan

youtube: it's true i swear no one cares

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I listened to about a half hour this morning while cooking and cleaning the kitchen. Seems good so far. It's pretty obvious that Tucker has a very, very quick wit. He absorbs what he hears and responds quickly....and it's not a response with some previously conceived, canned response. The guy has a quick mind.

Kinda seems like he's missing "real evidence" on some of his claims that fall outside the space of politics and political history though.

That's my hot take so far. I'll listen to the rest when I mow. I've agreed with a lot of Tucker's opinions for years now, but I've always hated actually listening to him. The way he talks is just like nails on a chalkboard to me. So far he's a lot more tolerable on the podcast.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think it was Snow Crash that postulated that the "babel" effect that causes languages to diverge instead of converge effectively created a firewall slowing the spread of bad cultural memes.

Anyway, Joe's idea is fucking stupid because you would literally need language police to stop language from naturally diverging. Does Joe like language policing? I think not. It's like people don't think more than half a step ahead when they say things.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm? It's at 2.1 million views right now.
The video was up for ~12 hours according to youtube's posted date but only at 4 digit views. I didn't see it on my feed until maybe 8 hours after posting. Some larger conspiracy or backend server issues? Occam says the latter.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
So he's not exclusive to Spotify anymore?
They probably licensed him back to youtube to recoup some money since I doubt as many people followed him over as they were expecting. The Spotify app is trash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They probably licensed him back to youtube to recoup some money since I doubt as many people followed him over as they were expecting. The Spotify app is trash.
I assume Joe got it into his renews Spotify contract that his content would be allowed in YouTube again. I’m sure youtube was chomping at the bit

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I assume Joe got it into his renews Spotify contract that his content would be allowed in YouTube again. I’m sure youtube was chomping at the bit
yea the (new) deal makes no sense, it's a contract for spotify but no exclusivity and no time delay, no one knows why spotify went for this deal (other than exclusive ads)

but youtube is up to it's old tricks again

guess what the jre is?

it is NOT a podcast, according to youtube, it's a live show
4cb460ef15a5cb027f56b0c1d3041d09.jpg

ffcba4815cfbdd5cec05b0174100ef0a.jpg