The Killing Season 3

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We still don't know why :

- Reddick initially tried to dump the case on Jablonski.

- He didn't say anything him living next door to the Pied Piper's first victim, let alone knowing her.

- He took Bullet's final calls to the precinct and ignored them, before she turned up murdered.

- He let the only survivor of the serial killer, Angie, slip out of the hospital before she'd met with a sketch artist.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The story reason would be that he's just an incompetent cop who does the bare minimum (except for in the final episode where he suddenly goes under a transformation and does everything he can for Holder despite being screwed with by him twice). The writing reason comes down to Veena Sud's two favorite words: red herring.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Even with her WTF endings I still like watching this show. I heard that it might not be renewed even though this season has had the same amount of average viewers as the last two; but how can AMC justfiy canceling this show if it makes its costs back in advertising? They currently have Walking Dead, Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, and Breaking Bad as thier other scripted dramas and if their viewership expectations are set by those 4 shows then they are living in a dream world.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its ratings were about the same as season two, but remember, they cancelled The Killing for those ratings once already. I guess they had hoped that bringing the show back with a completely new story would draw in more of an audience, but I don't think many people were willing to give it a second try. I suppose the thing to see is whether or not Netflix will attempt to continue the show as they were largely responsible for the third season or whether AMC will want to hold onto it since two of its biggest shows (Breaking Bad and Mad Men) are ending over the next year.

But I figure Seward was just a metaphor for the show - dead man walking, desperately attempting to stay alive, but inevitably killed whether it deserves it or not.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did any of you try another failed AMC show called Rubicon? It was this NSA/CIA type of code breaking show. Really awesome. Full of government conspiracies and what not. I loved it, but I guess too many people were confused and didn't watch, so they only gave it 1 season.

It's worth watching that 1 season if you haven't seen it.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Rubicon's main problem was that it started too slow, which just caused it to shed viewers before things started to pick up and get interesting.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did any of you try another failed AMC show called Rubicon? It was this NSA/CIA type of code breaking show. Really awesome. Full of government conspiracies and what not. I loved it, but I guess too many people were confused and didn't watch, so they only gave it 1 season.

It's worth watching that 1 season if you haven't seen it.
Rubicon was elite-tier, definitely the most promising tv show ever since Breaking Bad and Mad Men. The ambiance, the cast, production, the writing, everything was top notch. Too bad AMC went from quality to quantity, axed Rubicon and picked hillbilly shit tier tv shows like The Walking Dead.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The writing reason comes down to Veena Sud's two favorite words: red herring.
Did they ever explain why in Season 1 or 2 (don't know, I watched them all at once) the mayoral candidate was getting emails and totally plugged into the hooker ring? It just totally went off in another direction and the detectives trusted him again immediately.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
iirc it was just another red herring of which there was a bloody trawler full in season one and two. It was explained away by him saying he sometimes banged some high priced ho's and that was that. The whole prostitute thing getting dragged into the story was mostly misdirection, as far as the victims involvement and the mafia-ish dude etc.

Season three kicked the shit out of S 1&2's retarded every episode pointing at a different suspect than last week (sometimes the same one a few eps later!) nonsense. Until the final episode anyway when she couldn't help herself.

It's doubtful it's getting renewed apparently, it was somewhat of a miracle they managed to get an S3 and it took netflix throwing some money into the pot or something to even get it made. Both the mains have movies in the works or coming out soon and she's written them into a corner somewhat so I'm betting it's done.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
She was in World War Z, he's Robocop, I think the main 2 will pay the bills without the show.
True enough, but although the story was weak this last season, I enjoyed Holder and Linden. They were really damaged goods and he, especially, played the part well.

Eric

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's back...

That's right: The Killing, a show that's been canceled twice, is coming back to life for a second time.

AMC axed The Killing after its second season last year, only to pick it up again after talks between the studio and Netflix sparked interest in another round. The third season aired this summer on AMC to fairly modest ratings (ending with 1.5 million viewers). In September, AMC cancelled the increasingly ironically titled The Killing - again.
Because Netflix is bringing The Killing back with a six-episode fourth and final season. Stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman are on board, and so is showrunner Veena Sud.

"The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden (Enos) and Stephen Holder (Kinnaman) a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Skinner's boogaloo was terrible and totally out of place especially after seasons 1-2. You'd make more sense ending your tv show with abducting aliens, tbh.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm only on season 1 atm but I'm really digging the show so far. A lot of the ambient theme music sounds a lot like house of cards.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Are they gonna dump the whole season at once like everything else?

I actually liked season 3 better than the first two. Will watch season 4 fo sho.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wow really liking this show, but god dam am I hating Mitch or whatever in the early part of season 2. I dig it though since I don't know who the hell the killer could be still.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Some how this show was completely off my radar, I think when I 1st saw an advertisement for it I assumed it was a Horror Show and I immediately dismissed it.

I just chain-watched the 1st two seasons and i really liked it. Of course you can get nit picky and find flaw/holes in the writing but for the most part it was really good, the acting was great too. The guy that played Stan deserves some awards for sure, as Dad his reactions and ability to show emotion got me right in the feels. Just starting Season 3 and I am not sure how I feel about Linden on Port/Harbor Duty, perhaps that will change.

So glad I took the time to read the description when it was recommended to me by Netflix.