The Last of Us

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck having Covid sucks.

This episode surprised me a bit. I always enjoy the flashbacks, as I am always curious as to how society dealt with the problem. I did note the most accepted explanation as to how the infection suddenly took hold, involved the food supply. Ellie being stupid and going down into a dark area was irritating. I figure this girl has always taken care of herself and just does not truly understand the danger.

So, I usually just fast forward through gay story telling. I would have pretty much skipped the episode had I done this. Instead I just let it go. The episode was well done. It did not feel overly forced. It was a relationship that should have never been, but it was. The ending was hard to watch as I could easily sympathize with not wanting to be a burden to the person I love. It was a gay relationship that was told in a way that any straight couple could relate to. They went out on their terms, but certainly made the most of the life they could. You compare what they did, to what everyone else went through in the same time frame, and their life looks pretty damn good.

It was a good story but now lets get back to the main story please, now that Ellie has a gun....

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This was faggot shit but it served a purpose that made some sense and wasn't just random gay cock sucking thrown in for the sake of showing gay cock sucking. It was a good episode.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So Frank died of late stage aids right?

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Bella Ramsey makes this show almost unwatchable. Everything about her is weird and awful

Guessing frank was dying due to cancer, otherwise bill would have gotten it as well

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bella Ramsey makes this show almost unwatchable. Everything about her is weird and awful

Guessing frank was dying due to cancer, otherwise bill would have gotten it as well
Pretty much. Whoever that girl was that someone posted before the show aired seemed perfect for it (blanking on name).

I'm surprised by all the gushing in this thread over the episode. My wife, halfway through, was like "this is weird, I don't love this episode." At the dinner scene at the end was like, "does this have anything to do with the actual story?" She clearly wasn't feeling it. I thought it was good storytelling, but it wasn't something that made me think of the opening scene of Up. I thought the opening sequence of the show was significantly better.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Remember Bella basically got this gig due to her past with HBO and being a GoT fan favorite.
I'm not sure which fan it was, but he existed or something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazing episode. Hit all the right notes. Well made and well acted. This show is incredible so far. I hope they do more of these side stories to draw out the show and it doesn’t get rushed through.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brilliant episode. Had to fast forward some of the ‘im hbo so here’s some dock’ scenes but the entire episode was a sorta risky bet on creating an allegory of and setting up the future joel/ellie relationship. I can see this putting off some people as it’s so disjointed from the action it’s sandwiched by, but I think it will be a fan favorite later on.

The only worrisome part remains that lyanna is increasingly uneasy to look at, just pure uncanny valley from every angle. My wife was jumping at the clicker scenes and I would jump when they panned back to Ellie. She looks like what would happen if you asked dall-e (not 2.0 but the original ) to create the child of mark zuckerberg and the originalgame’s Ellie.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Remember Bella basically got this gig due to her past with HBO and being a GoT fan favorite.
I'm not sure which fan it was, but he existed or something.
She was perfect as lyanna, because she fit perfectly with how she was described in the books. That’s not the case here.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ellie was not this insufferable, I don't know why her character is so off personality wise. Show seems to be moving way faster than it needs to

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as I despise the 'message,' I ended up loving this episode.

I had absolutely no idea that the gay relationship was brewing. In fact, while Bill was playing the piano I kept waiting for the 'stranger' to club him in the head from off-screen after Bill had showed the man so much hospitality. When the gay shit happened, I literally rolled my eyes and said - "What the fuck, come on man..." out loud, but I decided to keep watching and I'm genuinely glad I did.

I don't think the episode would have had the some impact had it been a relationship with a woman. There's something more profound about the abject loneliness Bill was suffering from and finding love in another person despite it being a man. I haven't played the games so I have no idea if Bill was gay prior to their meeting, but it didn't seem so in the show. Bill was just desperate for a meaningful connection and I think a lot of us can identify with that even if the vast majority of us would have stopped short of sucking dick and just have been best bros.

Anyway, great episode.

P.S. Ellie has added nothing to the show thus far.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This was a great episode, even with the deviation from the game of having Bill die before Ellie gets there. Also, I just noticed Tess was the chick from Fringe. Didn't really notice when they had her aged in the previous episodes.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a great episode, even with the deviation from the game of having Bill die before Ellie gets there. Also, I just noticed Tess was the chick from Fringe. Didn't really notice when they had her aged in the previous episodes.
Apparently a lot of people agree. Episode had very high ratings.

I only watched where the couple met, the raider fight, then their end of days. Fast forwarded through the rest. If I wanted to watch relationship soap crap I'd binge Bridgerton, or whatever it's called.

• 1Picard

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cannot fucking stand this kid.

Her shtick was kind of cute and interesting in the GoT universe, but in a post apocalyptic world someone that annoying would be killed almost immediately.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ellie was annoying and snarky in the game as well. It isn’t like they invented whole cloth for the show