The Last of Us

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"The outsiders we tried to ambush, wrecked their car and tried to kill fought back and we lost some folks. Must be mercs!"

Jeffrey Pierce is not the actor to head nod and believe that

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are you new to the internet? Seriously though, I don’t need firsthand knowledge to support the correct conclusion.

Around the time dev studios got too big for their britches and started designating roles like “director” on their AAA-budget productions it became clear that a lot of the “creative talent” in the industry were suffering from a serious case of Hollywood envy. This Dreckmann guy is no exception, as he seems to be more interested in writing narratives than designing mechanics, yet his best efforts are still reduced to B-movie standards because authorship in games is always at odds with, and thwarted by, player agency.

By any narrative-driven measure, games will always be second-class citizens as art. This is most evident when those that aspire to be what you’d call interactive cinema often receive high praise and awards but movies based on them are always snubbed. If TLoU wins any recognition in this format (excluding some bait category like “Best Supporting Faggot”) it’ll be in direct measure to how much it deviates from its origins.

You're a fucking retard

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Bad boss girl was ass in all aspects of acting and role. Joel is a murder machine, killing only two people at the ambush was lame. The rest was good.

In the game, does this supposedly competent man (Joel) choose to drive through a dense urban area rather than strategically plan to go around it to begin with? 20 years into an apocalypse, no human with a brain would ever decide driving (traveling via any method) through a city would end in anything but disaster. Like what the actual fuck, Joel was a complete fucking retard this episode.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't played the games nor have I watched the show, but it's plain to see that TLoU is yet another example of a game made by people who'd rather be working in film so it'll never excel as either.
10 pages of semantic arguing about whether girls can technically like gay homo buttfucking yet this is the worst take in the thread so far.

Congrats.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In the game, does this supposedly competent man (Joel) choose to drive through a dense urban area rather than strategically plan to go around it to begin with? 20 years into an apocalypse, no human with a brain would ever decide driving (traveling via any method) through a city would end in anything but disaster. Like what the actual fuck, Joel was a complete fucking retard this episode.
Yes, that part was consistent with the game. What wasnt is that he didnt have to fight off two retards twenty feet away, he fought a small army of retards that created at least some sense of danger.

Last night’s episode was a snoozefest. After last weeks Love Boat episode, I was hoping for some action. Color me crazy, but I’d like to see some zombie action in my zombie thrillers. All I really remember from last nights episode was some obviously tryhard attempts to build the “bond” between Joel and Ellie, but it felt so contrived. The events in the game, and which phazael mentioned, were more organic in this goal. Also, the genocidal Karen who leads the bandits has about as much gravitas as my high school lunch lady. Total miscast, but I’m guessing that’s intentional.
I would not expect too much zombie action as the story is a lot more about surviving vs humans than it is about zombies. Zombies are very much a secondary threat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

this is how it plays out in the game

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yes, that part was consistent with the game. What wasnt is that he didnt have to fight off two retards twenty feet away, he fought a small army of retards that created at least some sense of danger.

I would not expect too much zombie action as the story is a lot more about surviving vs humans than it is about zombies. Zombies are very much a secondary threat.

I dunno, I seem to remember killing A LOT of zombies in the game. Yes, narrative wise they play little role compared to FEDRA, but the director/producer fag already stated that having the government be the primary foe made “little sense”, so if most of the season is going to be Joel and Elle against Lunch Lady Negan and her “bandits”, I may have to tap out early.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I seem to remember killing A LOT of zombies in the game. Yes, narrative wise they play little role compared to FEDRA, but the director/producer fag already stated that having the government be the primary foe made “little sense”, so if most of the season is going to be Joel and Elle against Lunch Lady Negan and her “bandits”, I may have to tap out early.
You are misremebering. Fedra wasn't a thing after Boston. And after Bill's, zombies were a danger two or three times, hotel basement and the subsequent escape (and both of these had heavier human involvement), tunnel and sewers. Every thing else was people and there was a lot more of everything else.

edit: winter too but that was also a lot more human interaction than zombies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

if we want to argue this point (and I know they said after the episode that the reason they changed it from Pittsburgh to KC was the city in canada they were filming in looked more like KC), but has anyone on this show ever looked at a map, or all they all new like Ellie? Is no one from the midwest? 35 is the wrong god damn highway to be on. You dont get across east to west going on a highway that ends in "5", you take 80, or 70 if you want to use KC. But they highway they were on was traveling south, and is further south than wyoming.

70 takes you to Denver, 80 and 90 take you through Wyoming, but I imagine FEDRA probably wouldnt have set up an outpost in Des Moines, and if you couldnt replicate Pittsburgh in canada, your probably not gonna find a city by a lake like Chicago. COULD HAVE DONE INDIANAPOLIS THOUGH.

There really is no point to this rant, but as a midwesterner who's birthright is that anything less than a 12 hour drive is a short trip, this bothered me and I had to get it out.

• 4Like

Cybsled

In the game, most of the FEDRA safe zones had long ago fallen. Boston is the only surviving one we see, and the game hints that even that outpost is essentially on its last legs

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if we want to argue this point (and I know they said after the episode that the reason they changed it from Pittsburgh to KC was the city in canada they were filming in looked more like KC), but has anyone on this show ever looked at a map, or all they all new like Ellie? Is no one from the midwest? 35 is the wrong god damn highway to be on. You dont get across east to west going on a highway that ends in "5", you take 80, or 70 if you want to use KC. But they highway they were on was traveling south, and is further south than wyoming.

70 takes you to Denver, 80 and 90 take you through Wyoming, but I imagine FEDRA probably wouldnt have set up an outpost in Des Moines, and if you couldnt replicate Pittsburgh in canada, your probably not gonna find a city by a lake like Chicago. COULD HAVE DONE INDIANAPOLIS THOUGH.

There really is no point to this rant, but as a midwesterner who's birthright is that anything less than a 12 hour drive is a short trip, this bothered me and I had to get it out.
That rant made me smile. Finally something else to be upset about.

That was a descent episode. I am guessing a big one is under the floor. The chemistry is getting better between the two mains. Will be glad to see more infected as that is why the world died.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Lunch Lady Negan LOL. A+ 10/10, newsletter please.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

You're right but Hollywood people just fly from LA to New York and they think everything in between is just like Deliverance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'm confused, didn't she say they'd take ?5 until they got to 70, and stay on it forever?

They'd have to take a road south to get from Boston down to somewhere to get on an interstate that goes west.

Oldbased

> Than U
Never played the game but I knew it was fungal walking dead, with a bit of hidden gay obviously, but I am thankful they did the show. Overall it is been very good and entertaining and Pedro does the gritty trader merc role well.
HBO isn't perfect but with stuff like The Boys, GOT shit, Peacemaker and so on, HBO continues to be leap and bounds ahead of anyone else( can't speak for Netflix ).
Far better than Hulu, Prime and Paramount, although unlike their sister Showtime, Paramount has had some good stuff too.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm confused, didn't she say they'd take ?5 until they got to 70, and stay on it forever?

They'd have to take a road south to get from Boston down to somewhere to get on an interstate that goes west.
I think so, but to get on 35, they had to be in the middle of no where to start and then get on that highway and choose north or south. South goes to KC and route 70, which takes you to Denver, North goes to Des Moines, which takes you to 80, which takes you to Wyoming.

Like there are a million reasons that they could have ended up on 35 cause im sure plenty of roads were destroyed, and chicago probably got bombed to shit, which would wipe out I-80 (the best highway to cross the northern half of the US) and I-90, or maybe Nebraska has been walled off and filled with zombies and we cant drive through it. But as someone who has driven across all of these states for various reasons, I-70 is not how you get to Wyoming, I-35 south is the wrong direction, and, like I said, it was definitely a pointless rant, and is something that only a person from the midwest would notice.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think so, but to get on 35, they had to be in the middle of no where to start and then get on that highway and choose north or south. South goes to KC and route 70, which takes you to Denver, North goes to Des Moines, which takes you to 80, which takes you to Wyoming.

Like there are a million reasons that they could have ended up on 35 cause im sure plenty of roads were destroyed, and chicago probably got bombed to shit, which would wipe out I-80 (the best highway to cross the northern half of the US) and I-90, or maybe Nebraska has been walled off and filled with zombies and we cant drive through it. But as someone who has driven across all of these states for various reasons, I-70 is not how you get to Wyoming, I-35 south is the wrong direction, and, like I said, it was definitely a pointless rant, and is something that only a person from the midwest would notice.
Ah, I see what you're saying. Never driven on 35, but yeah, by the time you're that far west, you wouldn't take 70 to go to Wyoming, but 80.

That kind of shit is easy, and I have no idea how writers get it wrong. Literally just Google maps that shit and it writes your script for you.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You've got to remember that these maps are from 2003 or earlier and they may be using a late 90's maps which may not have all the connections and junctions that were actually available at the time, especially not in 2003. It's like if your car came with pre-loaded GPS, in some places it came installed with out of date geo info because how fast (lol) they make these new connections and bypasses. We had something like a 2013 minivan with GPS and even in the actual year 2013 shit was out of date and we were floating in the middle of nowhere on a lot of roads.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Never played the game but I knew it was fungal walking dead, with a bit of hidden gay obviously, but I am thankful they did the show. Overall it is been very good and entertaining and Pedro does the gritty trader merc role well.
HBO isn't perfect but with stuff like The Boys, GOT shit, Peacemaker and so on, HBO continues to be leap and bounds ahead of anyone else( can't speak for Netflix ).
Far better than Hulu, Prime and Paramount, although unlike their sister Showtime, Paramount has had some good stuff too.
tbf to the INITIAL game
the gay was barely there, just a passing mention of the gay, maybe and then ellie finding a bdsm mag, thats it

this was 2013

THEN, tlou won ever game award and that faggot druckman decided he has to be woke so he made a prequel w/ ellie making her a lesbo

THEN tlou2 came out w/ super gay stuff everywhere and ellie gets to live the lesbo dream b/c her wife got knocked up but luckily he became a just a sperm donor cuz of a bullet to the head, so they both don't have to deal w/ "da man"

also w/ each progressive "new release" of the tlou, he keeps making ellie ugly and uglier