The Last of Us

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Most men nowadays are afraid to admit their repulsion. As wombat/gerbil/whoever said, the physiological response is akin to seeing maggots.

This episode was certainly constructed very well, and told a good side story. It would have benefited greatly from removing the kissing and intimacy scenes. Implying sexual activity but not showing it has been in the filmmaker toolkit for decades.

Since they went the other route, I give it a 2/10 faggot shit review. So fucking tiresome.
Yeah, the multitude and length of the sexual scenes definitely detracted from the episode. My wife, who is not into gaming or the show, was like "wtf are you watching?!".

Hide GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is no doubt that the episode had agenda behind it.

That being said, I think the episode did not go all out to try and convert me into liking men. For the most part the episode was tastefully done. The problem is that there is no reason to ever watch the episode again as that kind of story is not why I am watching this series. It was a "Watch once" and be done kind of episode. This is not my kind of entertainment. I do not enjoy watching guys kiss. I really wish the entire show would just leave out "romance" scenes and just stay with the story regardless if it were straight or gay. I want to see the survival aspects of the situation and how the world was effected. I am not interested in watching two people make out while 99 percent of the world is dead or dying.

As far as loneliness changing my mind to such a degree that I would make out with a man........no. I am wired the way I am. Nothing about a man makes me want to make out with them unless somebody is going to pay me an obscene amount of money to do so. I would rather just close my eyes and use my imagination and hands. That is me. How other people are wired is how they are wired.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There is no doubt that the episode had agenda behind it.

That being said, I think the episode did not go all out to try and convert me into liking men. For the most part the episode was tastefully done. The problem is that there is no reason to ever watch the episode again as that kind of story is not why I am watching this series. It was a "Watch once" and be done kind of episode. This is not my kind of entertainment. I do not enjoy watching guys kiss. I really wish the entire show would just leave out "romance" scenes and just stay with the story regardless if it were straight or gay. I want to see the survival aspects of the situation and how the world was effected. I am not interested in watching two people make out while 99 percent of the world is dead or dying.

As far as loneliness changing my mind to such a degree that I would make out with a man........no. I am wired the way I am. Nothing about a man makes me want to make out with them unless somebody is going to pay me an obscene amount of money to do so. I would rather just close my eyes and use my imagination and hands. That is me. How other people are wired is how they are wired.
It's kind of implied Bill is gay in the game, just from the interactions with Joel about Bill and his 'best friend' Frank. So I don't think he went gay from loneliness. I think he was just gay from jump. That being said, it's kind of far fetched for another gay guy to just happen to fall into his hole(heheheheh). That said, I agree that it was a well done episode. I enjoyed it, despite the dad on dad action.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think he went gay from loneliness.
Yeah I thought that was pretty clear. He said he had only had sex with a woman once so I think it was pretty safe to assume that he decided women weren't for him but rather than face up to being gay, he had just decided to dispense with sex entirely and focus on building his doomsday bunker.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the third episode despite the scenes where I went to get another beer…

So I think I’ve figured out how they will wrap this up:

When Joel is in the hospital trying to rescue Ellie and walks into the surgical room - the docs daughter jumps out of the shadows and beats him to death with a golf club wrapped in barb-wire - Ellie is dissected, humanity is saved, the end.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, the multitude and length of the sexual scenes definitely detracted from the episode. My wife, who is not into gaming or the show, was like "wtf are you watching?!".

Hide GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
This reminds me of a roommate walking in on GoT S1 when Renly was getting his dick slurped. "This is the show you were telling me to watch? What the fuck?"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That being said, I think the episode did not go all out to try and convert me into liking men. For the most part the episode was tastefully done.

It's not trying to make you gay, this is standard normalization propaganda, just happened to be executed well, which is pretty rare for hollywood.

Actually I'll step that back a bit - this type of stuff is definitely targets at young males 13-21 who've reached physical sexual maturity but have a ways to go for mental sexual maturity - so maybe there is a 'splash in the bucket' conversion goal.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I just gayer than most? To me it was incredibly obvious there was a boomer broke back situation about to happen even by dinner time. I mean the moment he said ‘you even knew to pair the beaujolais with rabbit’ I immediately knew that buttsex would ensue.
I wasn’t so captured by the gravity of their relationship myself. I think it was ok, mostly carried by the excellent acting on both their parts. I think the real kick in the teeth was the letter that fugly Ellie was reading , and it hits you how much this was really about Joel and Ellie all along.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
, and it hits you how much this was really about Joel and Ellie all along.
question asks GIF

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not trying to make you gay, this is standard normalization propaganda, just happened to be executed well, which is pretty rare for hollywood.

Actually I'll step that back a bit - this type of stuff is definitely targets at young males 13-21 who've reached physical sexual maturity but have a ways to go for mental sexual maturity - so maybe there is a 'splash in the bucket' conversion goal.
Convert all the dudes they want. More pussy for me. I need all the help I can get.

Just keep that shit out of schools.

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>
Most men nowadays are afraid to admit their repulsion. As wombat/gerbil/whoever said, the physiological response is akin to seeing maggots.

This episode was certainly constructed very well, and told a good side story. It would have benefited greatly from removing the kissing and intimacy scenes. Implying sexual activity but not showing it has been in the filmmaker toolkit for decades.

Since they went the other route, I give it a 2/10 faggot shit review. So fucking tiresome.

i felt they could have cut the scene so they are in bed, one lean too other, about to kiss, and cut scene. i fast forwd thru the end of gay bed scene so didnt see much more

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
It's really hard to sympathize and get emotionally invested in characters when you're spending half the episode doing this..

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Great show, but I just couldn't invest in that faggot shit.
It was less disgusting the 2nd time I viewed all 3 episodes, but still ya. Gay fungus.

Oldbased

> Than U
They kind of covered eco location when joel/ellie/tess were starting out. She was asking Joel about the different types of infected and mentioned something to the effect of "I hear some can even use sound to locate you like a bat".
Ellie mentions it also when they are walking the bridge in episode 2 about the echo bat mall fungus people.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i felt they could have cut the scene so they are in bed, one lean too other, about to kiss, and cut scene. i fast forwd thru the end of gay bed scene so didnt see much more

Don’t even need that much. It’s interesting too because clearly the show runner is very skilled. Implying sexual activity without showing it is not uncommon, and when done well the end product usually turns out better. Which means he definitely wanted to show as much of it as possible for woke narrative points. Stunning and brave.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Didn’t play the game, thought the first two episodes were good enough, third episode was just boring.

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I pretty much ended up using the 15sec skipper over a lot of the gay stuff hoping for some actual raider or zombie action and nothing happened. As a weekly release this episode was a huge disappointment when the entire draw of the show was about a zombie apocalpyse and the "race" to find the cure and survive along the way.

It would probably be less of a drag in the storyline for people who binge all the episodes at once.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
This episode was a complete waste of time, and not in the good way you want a tv show to be. I liked the first 2 episodes enough that I started recommending the show to some friends. I feel embarrassed about that now. How explicit and “on screen” they were with the faggot romance was a big problem for me, but even if that was skipped over nothing fucking happened. My wife will have to watch the next couple of episodes alone and then let me know if it’s something I should go back and watch. 1/10.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
While the episode was well-made, it really didn't do shit for the series, especially if you're not going to drag out their story.

This has been solid so far, but Jew Druckmann is going to run this shit off the rails before long, which is sad because the first game is legitimately a great story.

Convert all the dudes they want. More pussy for me. I need all the help I can get.

Just keep that shit out of schools.

The more they attempt to "convert", the more this exponentially rises around children. You can't really escape it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we were saving this for a 5eps binge, but wife heard about it so much so we did 1-3

ya'll are gay

• 1Worf