The Last of Us

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
we were saving this for a 5eps binge, but wife heard about it so much so we did 1-3

ya'll are gay
Skylar Astin GIF by CBS

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Am I just gayer than most? To me it was incredibly obvious there was a boomer broke back situation about to happen even by dinner time. I mean the moment he said ‘you even knew to pair the beaujolais with rabbit’ I immediately knew that buttsex would ensue.
I wasn’t so captured by the gravity of their relationship myself. I think it was ok, mostly carried by the excellent acting on both their parts. I think the real kick in the teeth was the letter that fugly Ellie was reading , and it hits you how much this was really about Joel and Ellie all along.
I mean, aside from showing disgusting shit they didnt need to show, this was the only bad part about it.

Linking food and music to being a fag. "If you know how to cook or play music you're probably a fag too!" This is how actual grooming works. They link homosexuality to perfectly normal things so when a kid develops interest in those things they start wondering if they're gay. This is the actual fucked up grooming tactic, this right here.

People who know how to pair food and wine must be gay!

(In reality people who pair food and wine are just really fucking pretentious. These are different things.)

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's kind of implied Bill is gay in the game, just from the interactions with Joel about Bill and his 'best friend' Frank. So I don't think he went gay from loneliness. I think he was just gay from jump. That being said, it's kind of far fetched for another gay guy to just happen to fall into his hole(heheheheh). That said, I agree that it was a well done episode. I enjoyed it, despite the dad on dad action.
In California gay is so prevalent that apparently you just assume half the population is gay.

Was watching the 2nd episode of Shrinking last night and I think legitimately half the characters in it were gay. Not for a good reason, just because.

It's a fucking mind virus out there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
how did frank fall into the hole, do gay people really walk on clouds and not look down

• 1Like

Cybsled

Earlier in the episode, they showed Bill making the trap. He basically put some wire netting that wouldn’t support a person’s weight and then covered it with sod/dirt clumps to disguise it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
That's because you're gayer now
I'm not much of anything anymore.

Back on why for the salty faggots in the thread who was upset over my tirade on gay fungus episodes.
I watched Willow on Disney last week, a new series. Gay love in it. Then this whole unneeeded gay love in GayFungus show and today I watched the new Wolf series on Paramount Plus. 2nd episode was HALF bare chested gay suck me offs between wolfmen? Who9 the fuck knows.
Seriously?
I have always been a live let live kind of guy, keep yo shit out of my life and we good.
Hollywood keep this shit up I am going to start hunting me some faggots cause fuck you is why.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
how did frank fall into the hole, do gay people really walk on clouds and not look down
It was covered. But sure, fags are likely to fall into random holes theory is probably correct too. That's how we got monkey pox.

• 1Double Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not much of anything anymore.

Back on why for the salty faggots in the thread who was upset over my tirade on gay fungus episodes.
I watched Willow on Disney last week, a new series. Gay love in it. Then this whole unneeeded gay love in GayFungus show and today I watched the new Wolf series on Paramount Plus. 2nd episode was HALF bare chested gay suck me offs between wolfmen? Who9 the fuck knows.
Seriously?
I have always been a live let live kind of guy, keep yo shit out of my life and we good.
Hollywood keep this shit up I am going to start hunting me some faggots cause fuck you is why.

All I'm getting out of this is you only watch shit with gay sex in it

• 4Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Except in this context it isn't brave it all. They aren't fighting against oppression because they love each other. Sure the world is shit but its equally shit for all there isnt a dude in a red hat driving by and calling them fags, or when Joel clearly isn't super comfortable with calling Frank Bill's boyfriend he chooses wording that wasn't belittling.

If people are going to call this episode agenda driven or the equivalent of 90's Holocaust movies / shows, then the entire point of calling shit out for being agenda driven is lost and its just "thing I am not comfortable with". The entire point of Bill of the game (and I am sure you know this cause you seem to play everything), is to show Joel what not to be and what happens if you give up on everything after you lose the one you care about the most. Sure they could do that for the show but why? It doesn't really serve a purpose in the context of fleshing out characters for a show. This version of Bill shows Joel what it could be for him to be vulnerable again and take care of this girl who needs help instead of being an asshole now that Tess is gone. He is a literal example of see even in this shit you can find a purpose and happiness.

They were not out fagging it up or talking like a fags. It was Ron Swanson doing manly things to protect the person he loves who just happened to be another dude

I was ready to go with you until I saw this:

According to Inverse.com, director Peter Hoar confessed that when he directed the gay romance between actors Nick Offerman and Murry Bartlett’s “Bill and Frank,” the former of which you meet in the game, he wanted to fool the audience into viewing the two characters falling in love so that they’d be okay with seeing gay love on screen:

It’s about heart and love and truth. They are kind and gentle to each other. Middle-aged men falling in love, you don’t get that all the time, so I think that was nice. They’re just such professionals. They didn’t need much help and guidance other than just feeling good every day about what we were doing.
Sometimes you have to sort of trick the rest of the world into watching these things before they’re like, “Oh, my God, it was two guys. I just realized.” I think then they might understand that it’s all real. It’s just the same love.

So while I think the episode was incredibly well done, I believe it is more because of what Fight Fight said earlier about Craig Mazin. The content of the episode was agenda driven by the director's own admission and so falls into exactly the category you claim it isn't a part of.

• 4Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I got the vibe that Frank was gay and the other dude was kind of enjoying his company but still I was SURE Frank was going to murder him while he was playing the piano and take over his house/stuff. The whole "hard man lets his guard down for love and gets taken out" trope.

But nope.

Cybsled

I have come to the theory that so many people in this thread are uncomfortable because half of you are survivalist prepper types and this episode awakened something deep within you that you deny

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was for more offended by Bill standing out in the open shooting at the raiders, instead of using cover. That was the least believable part of the whole episode.

• 13Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I have come to the theory that so many people in this thread are uncomfortable because half of you are survivalist prepper types and this episode awakened something deep within you that you deny
Or we get our protein from meat differently than Foler.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was for more offended by Bill standing out in the open shooting at the raiders, instead of using cover. That was the least believable part of the whole episode.
It annoyed me too, especially since his fire traps were so effective.
At the very least a real prepper would have a shooting box of steel. Hell even TWD did it.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It annoyed me too, especially since his fire traps were so effective.
At the very least a real prepper would have a shooting box of steel. Hell even TWD did it.
I just assumed he had made shooting boxes and Frank forced him to convert them to flower boxes at some point.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was ready to go with you until I saw this:

So while I think the episode was incredibly well done, I believe it is more because of what Fight Fight said earlier about Craig Mazin. The content of the episode was agenda driven by the director's own admission and so falls into exactly the category you claim it isn't a part of.
"Oh shit, they were both men? I didn't even notice. Is this what the gay is?"

What the fuck kind of retarded shit is that? You're going to trick people into liking gay men?

• 1Worf