The Last of Us

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I sat there immediately ready to judge Elli for just injecting the wound site with penicillin but thinking about nit ow I've got no fucking clue how that shit works either lol

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I sat there immediately ready to judge Elli for just injecting the wound site with penicillin but thinking about now I've got no fucking clue how that shit works either lol
Usually in the ass for that but as long as she doesn't pump it straight into an organ I think it is ok.
Most people have had a shot in the ass for infection but given she wasn't alive when urgentcares existed..

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Good episode, last couple been a bit slow, this brings it back

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last week’s episode was super drawn out and my least favorite. They redeemed themselves in a huge way this week.

spronk

FPS noob
episodes 1-5 were amazing, culminating in the giant bloater from the underground attack plus the emotional beats of the 2 gays and the 2 blacks

episodes 6-8 have been "mid", while its not terrible or anything I haven't felt any tension in a while, David's speeches were over the top ludicrous, and as Louis CK said, being a pedo must be an insane craving or something cuz the retard wanted to pedo rape WHILE THE FUCKING BUILDING WAS BURNING AROUND HIM. I can't think of anything I'd prioritize over escaping a burning building.

James the hunter always accompanying David was played by Troy Baker, aka the voice actor for Joel in the games.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
As someone who never played the game, that episode was pretty much everything I expected from this series, although still a bit surprised by the lack of actual infected. People are always going to be the big bad in an apocalypse. Great episode.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea almost redeems to super gay mall episode. Probably even makes it worth it.

I was so worried they were gonna bitch out on Silver Lake and the rapey cannibals, but nope they just went for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
episodes 1-5 were amazing, culminating in the giant bloater from the underground attack plus the emotional beats of the 2 gays and the 2 blacks

episodes 6-8 have been "mid", while its not terrible or anything I haven't felt any tension in a while, David's speeches were over the top ludicrous, and as Louis CK said, being a pedo must be an insane craving or something cuz the retard wanted to pedo rape WHILE THE FUCKING BUILDING WAS BURNING AROUND HIM. I can't think of anything I'd prioritize over escaping a burning building.

James the hunter always accompanying David was played by Troy Baker, aka the voice actor for Joel in the games.

You are just being soft.
I know when I have broken fingers, a knife wound and seen some teen bitch kill all my men, sex is the first thing on my mind in a rapidly burning building.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
David's speeches were over the top ludicrous, and as Louis CK said, being a pedo must be an insane craving or something cuz the retard wanted to pedo rape WHILE THE FUCKING BUILDING WAS BURNING AROUND HIM. I can't think of anything I'd prioritize over escaping a burning building.
This part bothered me too. The whole David character was just not believable. Was that how it went down in the game? That was the first time I have thought the show was written like a video game in a bad way.

Juvarisx

Florida

So there is two ways of looking at it. 1) An otherwise well written show suddenly has a rapey cannibal go one dimensional and tries to rape Elle in a burning building cause he just need to rape or 2) He thinks his time is up and will turn cause he got bit by an "infected" Elle so he is going to do what he likes before he dies in a fire instead of becoming a zombie.

I'm going with 2.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I am wondering if the second season will be the entirety of the end of the Last of us game. Only one episode left this season so I am thinking there is no way they get through all they need to get through in one episode. Maybe it gives them time to go against canon in TLOU2's bullshit once they see killing off Joel for a lesbain she man wasn't the best idea and to never listen to Anita ever again.

This by far was the best episode.

Juvarisx

Florida
So I am wondering if the second season will be the entirety of the end of the Last of us game. Only one episode left this season so I am thinking there is no way they get through all they need to get through in one episode. Maybe it gives them time to go against canon in TLOU2's bullshit once they see killing off Joel for a lesbain she man wasn't the best idea and to never listen to Anita ever again.

This by far was the best episode.

Joel will still die in the series, but my guess is that it will be the major event at the near the end of season 2. I think the difference will be they will take their time getting characters from place to place whereas the game almost teleported them everywhere they needed to go but it will give them time to develop stories of their journey, give Abby a better backstory, and develop what happened in the 4 years between the games. Season 3 would be Elle's revenge quest across the USA.

There is nothing inherently wrong with killing off Joel, a revenge narrative works well for TV, as long as they fix the reason Joel gets found out and the actress playing Abby is well written and acted. Bella Ramsey showed she has chops for being violent this past episode as well. The other thing is, the game is the 4th best selling PS4 game ever, they are not going to change the core of the story for what they view as a loud vocal minority.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This part bothered me too. The whole David character was just not believable. Was that how it went down in the game? That was the first time I have thought the show was written like a video game in a bad way.
There was no religion stuff in the game.

Juvarisx

Florida

Him being a preacher was not in the game, but I looked at him more as a cult leader then a man of god. The entire end sequence was more or less in the game, he doesn't try to rape her but he locks them in the restaurant while its on fire and taunts her that the only way out is with him. The rest is pretty much the same including how he dies, including breaking his fingers going to the keys, their convo when she shows them she is infected is basically word for word. Really there wasn't a change other then him trying to rape Elle, hes obviously a pedo in the game as well.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Funale

1st game, no. Back half of the 2nd game, they come across a crazy religious cult.
2nd game? Crazy talk, no such thing exists. My answer was about the cult in the last episode.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Using religion tp indoctrinate people into becoming cannibals isn't that farfetched I suppose...sort of makes a bit more sense when trying to control a community that large vs. the game where it was just a bunch of cannibal raiders. Christian missionaries used to use the reverse of this when trying to convert tribes that had a history of ritualistic cannibalism, basically by using the logic that they were ritualistic cannibals as well by eating the body of Christ and they could essentially continue their ritualistic cannibalism without the actual eating human meat part lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like