The Last of Us

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I hope God of War writers make Kratos a woman.
Goes up to some God...

Its Maam GIF

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
It is the sixth best selling game of 2020, even though I'll never buy or play it and I think Abby is a fucking retarded character denying reality will never serve you will.

That list is pretty sad though and 2020 was kind of a shit year for gaming - two COD games, Madden 21, and lol Mario Kart 8 still in the top 10.

what i do hope, although its probably an outside shot, is that eventually Ghost of Tsushima outsells TLOU2 in lifetime sales. That would be hilarious to me and a real sign, that a new IP built at a fraction of the cost of TLOU2 outsells the sequel to one of the most popular Sony games ever.

Unfortunately I think its pretty easy to goose up TLOU2 numbers by re-releasing a new PS5 and/or GOTY edition sometime this year, especially with the new multiplayer factions stuff coming out.

Cybsled

The true test of the impact of TLOU2 will be any follow up game. TLOU2 sold on the back of TLOU. Because people loved TLOU, the sequel was virtually guaranteed high sales.

If the gaming public at large truly did not like TLOU2, then any TLOU3 or paid DLC is going to show a sharp falloff in sales.

• 3Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TLOU2 itself already had Last Jedi levels of dropoff. The high sales came from preorders, hit -80% sales or worse in following weeks, then they hurriedly discounted so they wouldn't leave so many units on store shelves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Saw this at the library, picked it up to give it a try. Had no plans of ever playing this and wouldn't pay money for it. However right now I'm going through watching a bunch of Disney stuff that I never thought I'd watch, getting a large dose of Modern Media radation as my dick retreats back into my body cavity. So I figured let's give this a try while we're at it.

Just got past Bigot Sandwiches (so like 5 minutes in). So far I actually like it a lot. Ellie is a morose unlikeable fucking drag, and she doesn't even have an ass like she did in the first game. However the visuals are incredible and the setting is something else. Takes me back to winters in the mountains when I was a kid. Just those things alone give this game the air of being super high-quality. ...then the writing shits on it a bit, of course. Mainly just Ellie's writing though. I'm sure it'll get way worse.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
first game is great, its too bad the franchise only has one game they shoulda made more

if you have a ps5 though i'd wait, its pretty much a confirmed rumor a TLOU1 remaster is coming before end of the year

maybe some day they will announce a sequel that continues the adventures of Joel and Ellie

spronk

FPS noob

dont forget to preorder your $70 PS5 remaster coming out sep 2 lol

ellie is played by the chick who was Lady Mormont in Game of Thrones ("We will not break faith today") but that casting seems off

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who pays money for this should be banned from video games.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Are they going after Skyrim for the record of the most times releasing the same game?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone who pays money for this should be banned from video games.

I don't know if you're talking about remasters of games that have already been remastered or supporting TLOU after the shit sandwich TLOU2 was.

Either way, you're 100% correct

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i mean after TLOU2, saints row, anthem, mass effect andromeda, BF2042, everything blizzard puts out, and the million other recent western studio games that have flopped hard I'm not shocked studios are just remastering endlessly. None of their employees seem to know how to write good characters or a good story anymore. They can't even do remasters anymore correctly though, as evidenced by the shit of GTA trilogy and the restart of KOTOR remaster. I'm sure the Dead Space remaster next year will be a dumpster fire.

when zoomer SJW hipster faggotry infects Japan then its truly over for gaming. Its just 90% over now. I thought Eastern Europe would be safe but Cyberpunk 2077 was a shock.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't think GTA V has been updated since the PS4/XB1, just released on more platforms. TLOU they keep trying to repackage as something new each time.

Marketing as something new which we all know is complete bullshit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think GTA V has been updated since the PS4/XB1, just released on more platforms. TLOU they keep trying to repackage as something new each time.
PS5/Xbox5 native versions of GTA 5 were released in March I think. Cost me 10 dollars or something on PS5.