The Legend of Zelda

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Please don’t fuck this up. This series was a huge part of me growing up. Up there with Star Wars or LotR in terms of fanboy.

I thought the old cartoon was not bad and the comics were ok. Been years since I revisited so they wouldn’t tarnish. I bet I’ve replayed A Link to the Past 50 times.

• 4Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Live action is always a challenge when dealing with fantasy elements. Especially with a beloved franchise.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
100% guarantee they will fuck this up. Woke Hollywood has ZERO respect or care for old, amazing and legendary IPs.

• 3Great Review
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

One Piece just showed how you can properly do fantasy and outlandish anime stuff in live action. Riot showed how successful a show based on a game can be if you keep total control over it (One Piece creator also had veto power).

I would assume Nintendo is going to follow their lead, where they have final say over everything, and they have a reputation of guarding their IPs very closely. Plus the Japanese don't seem to be infected with American political thinking, at all.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

The SMB movie hit a pretty good spot for a traditional non-woke family movie and got fairly tar and feathered by a small amount of the super woke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hmm, which story do they follow? LttP? OaT? WW? BotW? Some amalgamation of them all? Something with little to no direct relation? I like that Miyamoto's involved here. The hollywood types listed are hit or miss. That Nintendo is financing most of it is also a good sign, since that means they can tell the studio types to butt out if they want.

Color me cautiously optimistic on this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hmm, which story do they follow? LttP? OaT? WW? BotW? Some amalgamation of them all? Something with little to no direct relation? I like that Miyamoto's involved here. The hollywood types listed are hit or miss. That Nintendo is financing most of it is also a good sign, since that means they can tell the studio types to butt out if they want.

Color me cautiously optimistic on this one.

Burns

*fans suggested favorites

2023-11-08 14.27.13 www.popbuzz.com b684bd719adb.png

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• 2Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Fucking Zendaya? Oh FFS.

Might as well get Sam Jackson to voice Navi the fairy.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

The obvious answer would be ocarina of time, but that feels like it would probably take too long.

Frankly, Zelda would work way better as a crazy non-linear TV show with multiple actors that look similar using a GoT level budget and perhaps using GoT style storytelling but interwoven between different timelines.

Axtually that sounds like ass but in my head I had an idea. Regardless long form TV with periodic recasting to similar looking actors is the right way to go. That’s probably a way more expensive risk than a one off movie.

As a movie, I might keep it simple and just do the original zelda or a link to the past.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The obvious answer would be ocarina of time, but that feels like it would probably take too long.

Frankly, Zelda would work way better as a crazy non-linear TV show with multiple actors that look similar using a GoT level budget and perhaps using GoT style storytelling but interwoven between different timelines.

Axtually that sounds like ass but in my head I had an idea. Regardless long form TV with periodic recasting to similar looking actors is the right way to go. That’s probably a way more expensive risk than a one off movie.

As a movie, I might keep it simple and just do the original zelda or a link to the past.

Just something that fits Legend of Zelda without declaring it any specific game. If it's successful then they can get into the crazier shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

All the links are different in like all the games

kids love multiverse marvel right?

prepare yourself