The Lighthouse (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
I absolutely hated this, i should have trusted my instincts and walked out after 20 mins of being bored. Just not my kind of movie. Yeah, I get the allegory and the final scene/shot was cringe in how "on the nose" it is to Greek stories but man this movie did absolutely nothing for me and felt way too "cute" in its film style, how it felt like a 2 man play, etc.

If you love The Fountain and Mother! and other movies like that I guess go give it a watch, if you hated those movies (like me) heed my warning, save yourself and stay away.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved it. Slow to start especially because I had no idea what I was getting into but especially in the second half shit was fuckin crazy. Acting was superb. When I look at Robert Pattinson I no longer see a sparkly ass vampire. Very different kind of film, however, so I can definitely see how some people won't like it at all. Kinda reminds me of Death Stranding: hella weird, different, unique, and people are either gonna love it or hate it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This movie has wormed it's way into my brain. I kinda want to see if again in theatre.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I liked it. It was slow and bizarre and had great acting and line deliveries. The atmosphere was isolated and creepy. Some of the stuff had me confused and there were several wtf moments, but I attributed it all to just madness being well, madness.

With that said, I will only be recommending it to one of my friends who is into the things this movie touches on. Mythology, eldritch, curses, etc. I don’t think anyone else I know would like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This is my favorite movie in 2019,

I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you guys being serious? I can't tell and if you are, I'll try to watch this.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
After having watched both, I agree that this is better than the Joker and made a lasting impression whereas Joker is only going to be memorable to me for it being atypical for an IP-based Hollywood movie.

Dafoe's performance is one of his best (that's saying a lot) and I loved the way they managed to have some really great humour without fucking with the dark strangeness to the setting and the characters. Every scene is engrossing and masterfully shot.

The only weakness in it for me was that Pattinson's weakness with accents (also seen in The King) is distracting. His performance otherwise was great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This was the inferior movie when compared to the Witch. I was expecting more. oh well.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Garbage

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
No Willem Dafoe nomination for The Lighthouse.

Hollywood is populated by retarded pedos.

• 5Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
No Willem Dafoe nomination for The Lighthouse.

Hollywood is populated by retarded pedos.

Yup!

I'm only about 25 minutes in but had to pause it to come say how fucking amazing he is so far. And Patterson is amazing too. Wow they are fucking killing it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Great movie. I love atmospheric horror, it just beats out buckets of gore any day. These two guys killed it.

As far as the accent, I think that's part of the character's background story. It makes more sense when you know everything and think back on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Man, I finished this movie... fucking loved it. Wow. But what on earth even happened in it?? How insane was this movie?

• 3Like