Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: The Little Things (2021)

Tagline: Some things never let us go.

Genre: Thriller, Crime

Director: John Lee Hancock

Cast: Denzel Washington, Rami Malek, Jared Leto, Chris Bauer, Michael Hyatt, Terry Kinney, Natalie Morales, Isabel Arraiza, Joris Jarsky, Glenn Morshower, Sofia Vassilieva, Jason James Richter, John Harlan Kim, Fred Koehler, Judith Scott, Maya Kazan, Tiffany Gonzáles, Sheila Houlahan, Ebony N Mayo, Matt Morrison, Olivia Washington, Kiff Vanden Heuvel, J. Downing, Sean Spann, Thomas Crawford, Eric Satterberg, Ian Gary, Linara Washington, Jeff Corbett, Stephanie Erb, Samantha Cormier, Smalls, Lee Garlington, Dimiter D. Marinov, Julia Vera, Jack Topalian, Charlie Saxton, Emil Beheshti, Bradley James, Ben Kliewer, Hank Northrop, Bob Golub, Ben Sanders, Adam J. Harrington

Release: 2021-01-27

Runtime: 127

Plot: Deke—a burnt-out Kern County deputy sheriff—teams with Baxter, a crack LASD detective, to nab a serial killer. Deke's nose for 'the little things' proves eerily accurate, but his willingness to circumvent the rules embroils Baxter in a soul-shattering dilemma.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Caught this tonight on HBO Max. Not great, not terrible. Solid cast. Don't regret watching it for free.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This was a thriller with no tension. Wasn't particularly good. Was worth the price of free. 2 out of 5 stars.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shitty movie.

The entire movie was basically Denzel telling Rami Malek that its "about the little things" and "its the little things that get you caught"

lol wtf.

And what was up with the ending? I didnt understand the red hair clip angle at the end. What did that imply?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Shitty movie.

The entire movie was basically Denzel telling Rami Malek that its "about the little things" and "its the little things that get you caught"

lol wtf.

And what was up with the ending? I didnt understand the red hair clip angle at the end. What did that imply?

That Leto was just some weirdo and possibly not "their guy".

I don't get why this movie is getting insane reviews. It isn't a "bad" movie by any means, but people are calling it a 9/10? No way.

Also, Malik is so fucking overrated as an actor. His weird, nervous awkwardness works for a character like Mr. Robot, but it's off-putting as shit in every movie I've seen him in.

• 1Like

Jozu

Yea, its kind of like the guy Ragnar from Vikings. He has this one acting style no matter what. (for him its wild eyed cockiness)

The only good thing about Malek is when the scene calls for him being a nervous wreck it works really well lol. The part at the end where Denzel gave him a hug and some parting advice, and the delayed bumbled reaction he put forward was hilariously good.

But it made the viewer think it was Washington who sent him the note and red clip as it showed him burning the package of berets in the barrel at the end?

Fucker

Log Wizard
That Leto was just some weirdo and possibly not "their guy".

I don't get why this movie is getting insane reviews. It isn't a "bad" movie by any means, but people are calling it a 9/10? No way.

Also, Malik is so fucking overrated as an actor. His weird, nervous awkwardness works for a character like Mr. Robot, but it's off-putting as shit in every movie I've seen him in.

There hasn't been much in the way of watchable new movies for a year. To a starving man, a scrap is a banquet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Reposting my review from the movies you just watched thread:

It starts off interesting, is really well acted, and then just never really tells a compelling story. It loses steam, has no suspense, wraps up abruptly and the "reveals" are not very impactful at all.

6/10

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

He does it so Malik thinks he killed the right guy when in reality he just killed some innocent crazy dude.

Khane

He does it so Malik thinks he killed the right guy when in reality he just killed some innocent crazy dude.

The problem is we don't really know if he is or isn't innocent. It's sort of implied, but then again he also had a hidden box full of newspaper clippings and knick knacks and worked for the repair shop and went to lunch at a place that had roast beef specials all of which suggested he was the killer.

He also stopped at the exact mile marker where one of the bodies was dumped and clearly knew his way around the highway and had multiple vehicles, etc, etc, etc

The movie was just very poorly written

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

If anything I would think that had the opposite effect? Once he saw the note and then the red clip he must of felt like shit because now he must believe he didnt kill the right guy as the real killer is still out there. But is he though? Having Washington send the clip was retarded.

Khane

If anything I would think that had the opposite effect? Once he saw the note and then the red clip he must of felt like shit because now he must believe he didnt kill the right guy as the real killer is still out there. But is he though? Having Washington send the clip was retarded.

Huh?

Jozu

Washington was the one who sent him the red hair clip no? It showed him burning the package of hair clips with the red one missing, implying it was him. How did that make malek think he got the right guy? Im confused

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He knew Denzel had the guys stuff so it makes perfect sense. Also ots ambiguous if he is the killer or not. I think he was and he was just smarter than the cops. How ever if he was innocent it would parallel Denzels life more and make sense. Denzel sent the hair clip to put his mind at ease.

Khane

Washington was the one who sent him the red hair clip no? It showed him burning the package of hair clips with the red one missing, implying it was him. How did that make malek think he got the right guy? Im confused

Yes... Denzel sent the hair clip. The mother had told Malek's character the daughter always ran while wearing a red barrette. So after Malek killed the guy and was feeling distraught because he wasn't truly sure if he was the right guy and Denzel sent a red barrette to him to make him think it was in the box of stuff in his house... meaning he was guilty.

How would it have "the opposite effect"?

Jozu

ohhhh Ok now I got you. Thanks.

I forgot he knew Washington had the cache. I was thinking him getting the letter that said no angels and then the red clip could like be the real killer taunting Malek, but was confused as Denzel is the one who ultimately sent it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
man

I was convinced the real murderer was hidden and leto somehow was tracking him and was the one moving the bodies after the killer killed them. Instead of that, the twist was no twist, just nothing. Agree with others

5/10

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
He knew Denzel had the guys stuff so it makes perfect sense. Also ots ambiguous if he is the killer or not. I think he was and he was just smarter than the cops. How ever if he was innocent it would parallel Denzels life more and make sense. Denzel sent the hair clip to put his mind at ease.
Who was the woman Denzel accidentally shot?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database