The Lobster (2015)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Lobster

Tagline: An unconventional love story...

Genre: Thriller, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Science Fiction

Director: Yorgos Lanthimos

Cast: Colin Farrell, Rachel Weisz, Léa Seydoux, Ben Whishaw, Ariane Labed, John C. Reilly, Jessica Barden, Olivia Colman, Ashley Jensen, Angeliki Papoulia, Michael Smiley, Jacqueline Abrahams, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Anthony Dougall, Sean Duggan, Roland Ferrandi, James Finnegan, Robert Heaney, Rosanna Hoult, Jaro, Ryac, Kathy Kelly, Ewen MacIntosh, Patrick Malone, Sandra Hayden Mason, Kevin McCormack, Ishmael Moalosi, Anthony Moriarty, Garry Mountaine, Judi King Murphy, Laoise Murphy, Imelda Nagle Ryan, Nancy Onu, Matthew O'Brien, Emma O'Shea, Chris Threader

Release: 2015-10-08

Runtime: 118

Plot: In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
yR60EqMGS9hHq9I5Pkq2hG984TP.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Lobster (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Yorgos Lanthimos[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Colin Farrell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Weisz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Léa Seydoux[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John C. Reilly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Whishaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olivia Colman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ashley Jensen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Barden[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ariane Labed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angeliki Papoulia[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Smiley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rosanna Hoult[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Roger Ashton-Griffiths[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Dougall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Duggan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Roland Ferrandi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Finnegan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Heaney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kathy Kelly[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-10-08[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]118[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

The Lobster (2015) - IMDb

Screeners available from all the usual sources, doesn't release in theaters until March 11 in the US

Look at this goddamn IMDB plot summary and tell me you don't want to watch this movie:

In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.
Stars Colin Farrel, Rachel Weisz, & John C Reilly

Was nominated for the Palme d'Or at Cannes last year and won the Jury Prize(basically 3rd place)

Watched it tonight, weird as hell but definitely unique. Can't say I've ever seen anything like it but I definitely enjoyed it. Very, very odd pacing, acting, and just about everything about it feels slightly "off", but in a good way. Good amount of dry, dark humor throughout.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
yR60EqMGS9hHq9I5Pkq2hG984TP.jpg

Title: The Lobster

Genre: Thriller, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Science Fiction

Director: Yorgos Lanthimos

Cast: Colin Farrell, Rachel Weisz, Léa Seydoux, Ben Whishaw, Ariane Labed, John C. Reilly, Jessica Barden, Olivia Colman, Ashley Jensen, Angeliki Papoulia, Michael Smiley, Jacqueline Abrahams, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Anthony Dougall, Sean Duggan, Roland Ferrandi, James Finnegan, Robert Heaney, Rosanna Hoult, Jaro, Ryac, Kathy Kelly, Ewen MacIntosh, Patrick Malone, Sandra Hayden Mason, Kevin McCormack, Ishmael Moalosi, Anthony Moriarty, Garry Mountaine, Judi King Murphy, Laoise Murphy, Imelda Nagle Ryan, Nancy Onu, Matthew O'Brien, Emma O'Shea, Chris Threader

Release: 2015-10-08

Runtime: 118

Plot: In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I was expecting to see Rob Schneider in the lead role because of the title.

Szlia

I saw Dogtooth from the same directors a few years back. It was original, intriguing and it had its moments, but it was mostly dumb. I am cautiously pessimistic about that one.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
weird fuckin movie

What was said in the woods scene between the French maid and loner chick? Had no subtitles.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Came into the thread thinking why the hell did they make a movie about Denver's backup QB. Not surprised I was wrong lol.

I found the first half or so really funny. I didn't dislike the rest of it, but it just seemed to overstay it's welcome.

Szlia

I found the first half or so really funny. I didn't dislike the rest of it, but it just seemed to overstay it's welcome.
I agree that's it a bit of a shame that the intensity of the comedy goes down slowly but continuously through the movie. Still, a very strange and very powerful film packed with fierce social commentary and the darkest of dark comedy.

Less bizarre but just as fierce and with enduring comedy, I would recommend another greek film called Chevalier.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Local theater is showing this on the same screen as the Andy Samberg movie Popstar. The marquee saysPopstar Lobster.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database