The Lodge (2020)

faille

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Lodge (2020)

Tagline: You're not welcome here

Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Director: Veronika Franz, Severin Fiala

Cast: Richard Armitage, Alicia Silverstone, Riley Keough, Jaeden Martell, Lia McHugh, Rebecca Faulkenberry, Katelyn Wells, Danny Keough, Lola Reid

Release: 2020-01-16

Runtime: 100

Plot: Two siblings spend the night alone with their new stepmother. Stuck in a remote mountain cabin, the trio are terrorised by a supernatural force.

faille

Molten Core Raider

Quite a good horror movie.
Gave me similar vibes to Hereditary.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watched this last night, pretty good.

They got me.

Silverstone is in it just to kick off the plot. Shes only in first 10 minutes

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Started it last night, we got 10 minutes in and it was so fucking depressing I had to change it. Couldn't do it last night. Jesus.

* Not being critical of movie, what I saw I liked, but mentally no, not right now.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Started it last night, we got 10 minutes in and it was so fucking depressing I had to change it. Couldn't do it last night. Jesus.

* Not being critical of movie, what I saw I liked, but mentally no, not right now.

It does not get any less depressing at any point, FYI, to give you a heads up should you choose to go back to it.

• 1Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I just finished watching it. It’s about 30 minutes too long, but was a good concept.

The two idiots above who don’t know how to use a spoiler tag weren’t nearly a vague as they think. Once we figured out what was coming it was still interesting, but those kids got what they deserved.

The movie is basically ‘don’t stick your dick in crazy’ and ‘fuck around and find out’.

• 1Like

Szlia

Saw it a few months back in a festival... I don't have a precise memory of it other than I did not like it much. I think It had more to do with the type of story than the actual execution though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t understand what was/could be spoiled here? It’s just a depressing isolation movie that kind of happens. Did I miss a plot twist or gotcha somewhere?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I agree there isn't much to spoil. You will most likely fall asleep from boredom before any sort of "twist".

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don’t understand what was/could be spoiled here? It’s just a depressing isolation movie that kind of happens. Did I miss a plot twist or gotcha somewhere?

They trick the lady into thinking she/they are all dead and stuck in the afterlife, and prevent her from her getting her meds, and she ends up going nuts and killing everyone

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They trick the lady into thinking she/they are all dead and stuck in the afterlife, and prevent her from her getting her meds, and she ends up going nuts and killing everyone

Okay, I’ll just go along with y’all. Didn’t know that was some sort of “twist” or anything. Just seemed like normal plot in the course of the film.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Okay, I’ll just go along with y’all. Didn’t know that was some sort of “twist” or anything. Just seemed like normal plot in the course of the film.

I guess I didn't think it was a twist either, except that they kind of keep you in the dark for a little bit until they reveal the kids plan.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It isn't so much a twist, just a reveal. Being a horror movie, that could have gone a lot of ways, there wasn't any one obvious choice. That's pretty unusual in its own right.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database