The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim (2024)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In order to not be a hypocrite I will say that this is just about exactly what they should have done with Rings of Power, take an existing character about which little or nothing is written and use them as your protagonist instead of shitting all over the established canon of an existing character. I.E. using Celebrian as the protagonist instead of Galadriel. Tolkien never said that Celebrian wasn't an insufferable retarded cunt during that time period so go wild. Just that one change alone would have made the show so much less offensive to the existing fandom and probably brought audience scores up by at least 10% or more.

It's all the rest of the stupid bullshit in that article that makes me roll my eyes, not the fact that they're expanding the role of a previously undeveloped character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is this being done by the same incompetents that did RoP? About the only credit I’ll give them is that it looked right. They at least had a legit costume department. Past that, their biggest fault was the writing. It was dog shit. A lot of stuff was pretty much anti Tolkien, or was so stupidly absurd that it bordered funny for the wrong reasons. If they trashed the writers they’d have a chance at something good… but leftist Hollywood types would rather trash the audience, and for some reason the money puts up with it for now, even though it seems objectively bad for profits.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Orly?

View attachment 478087

Her only literary significance is that Helm refusing to marry her to Freca's son Wulf (and murdering Freca) led to the war that ended the first line of the House of Eorl.
Wasn't really murder. The king asked him to step outside for a fight, then punched him in the face so hard he later died. :emoji_laughing:

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this being done by the same incompetents that did RoP?
Different group of incompetents. This is from New Line in order to keep the IP under active use to retain their rights to it, which led to a lawsuit from the Zaentz company before they sold to Embracer Group who inherited the lawsuit and then settled it by negotiating a new film deal with Warner Bros.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So, another big budget shit show with terrible staging and backdrops with top notch horrible cgi. I'm out.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Edaw Edaw - go give this floozie some photoshops of Rob Lowe as Obama

On phone, so I Hawaiian'd one from the internets.

nkycn57sb4t81.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users