The Loss-Pron Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Moglyzoke Moogleman Moglyzoke Moogleman my last unsolicited post on this. A number of people have discussed weighting your stocks in your portfolio. Spread your risk out and the more risky the investment the lower the weight.

1645823451158.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Moglyzoke Moogleman Moglyzoke Moogleman my last unsolicited post on this. A number of people have discussed weighting your stocks in your portfolio. Spread your risk out and the more risky the investment the lower the weight.

View attachment 400310
So like 20+% into Apple! between FTEC and stock, list looks great until you add FTEC on top of the existing positions. Needs some industrial in there, DOW, MPC, BA, UNP, RTX, CLF

• 1Picard
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So like 20+% into Apple! between FTEC and stock, list looks great until you add FTEC on top of the existing positions. Needs some industrial in there, DOW, MPC, BA, UNP, RTX, CLF
Did you really just assume that I don't pull out the percent weight of the stocks in FTEC and add them to my individual positions so I have the correct weights?

No Way Reaction GIF by grown-ish

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Did you really just assume that I don't pull out the percent weight of the stocks in FTEC and add them to my individual positions so I have the correct weights?

No Way Reaction GIF by grown-ish
No I know you do, about the best names a person could pick to be overweight in. Just think overall it's a little tech heavy.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No I know you do, about the best names a person could pick to be overweight in. Just think overall it's a little tech heavy.
Of course it is. That's how I roll. It's also the result of AAPL, MSFT and FTEC being in beast mode the last year or so. Once we get off the bottom we are currently in I know I will be needing to trim some profits as they recover. If memory serves, at some point last year AAPL and MSFT only had like a 7% weighting.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Since the big boys are giving advice. I'd like to add more non-tech. I want to hold long term, quality and am fine with index or individual. Where should I start looking?

1645833780434.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Since the big boys are giving advice. I'd like to add more non-tech. I want to hold long term, quality and am fine with index or individual. Where should I start looking?

View attachment 400346
Owning so many ETF's I'd have to run some numbers to see what your actual exposure is right now to different sectors. I don't know if there is a site that can do this, I'll poke around Fidelity tools tomorrow.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Owning so many ETF's I'd have to run some numbers to see what your actual exposure is right now to different sectors. I don't know if there is a site that can do this, I'll poke around Fidelity tools tomorrow.

Thanks

Ya I was asking exactly this a few weeks ago, if there was something that you could enter indexes into to break out your individual stock weighting. I'm mostly in total market and s&p so figuring I should weight towards non-tech some more.

You'd think this would be a very easy to make and somewhat useful tool.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
This isn't real but I didn't really know where else to put this. Messing with scammers by losing millions in the stock market via bad investments.