The Magicians

Cybsled

wot

Btw, that game is called 'Untitled Goose Game'. You basically play as an asshole goose.

Caliane

yeah, the show has gone on too long for sure. The stakes are just constantly ridiculous. "lets destroy and replace the moon." lets save the Earth and Fillory from annilation for the 20th time. Timetravel 20 times a week.

Character arcs like Alice and Julia.. im a goddess, im not a goddess, im a goddess..
Gods themselves are no longer abstract alien beings we can't see, or touch. but now dudes playing video games in their pjs.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Has the blonde chick gone topless yet?

This show would be way better if it was modeled after Spartacus.

• 4Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The finale was okay. I think I'd have preferred the season 4 finale as the series finale. It was still a fine season though, and I'll definitely miss the show. Pretty sad it's the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Considering they didn't 100% know this was the final season, it was adequate enough. I did like how the new world had certain things the characters wanted, like naturally occurring pizza ovens, fields of bacon, and knife trees lol

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I greatly enjoyed this series. And even if it wasn't as good a close as season 4, it was also very fitting. They all seemed to have a completed story. Half the team is stuck on the new Filary learning how to re-start society while Eliot is a new teacher and fucking his imaginary friend turned real. Penny & Julia seem at peace with Hope and now they're able to use their powers once again. At least Penny was. This was a solid conclusion.

Such an awesome series. In a perfect world, I wonder where the story would have gone from here?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If it was to have continued, it would have been a lot of Penny getting into trouble trying to find the new Fillory, and stuff from the new world

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, once he manages to teleport there once, it becomes much easier. But who knows, he probably would have somehow killed his kid while trying, thus himself being lost forever.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Such an awesome series. In a perfect world, I wonder where the story would have gone from here?
Isn't this show based on a series of books? I just assumed each season was basically adapting the story to whatever occurred in book 'X'.

I enjoyed the series, but season 1 was my favorite with The Beast. The battle with him during that season finale was edge-of-your-seat.

Caliane

Isn't this show based on a series of books? I just assumed each season was basically adapting the story to whatever occurred in book 'X'.

I enjoyed the series, but season 1 was my favorite with The Beast. The battle with him during that season finale was edge-of-your-seat.
one of the interesting thing this series did was basically toss out the books entirely.

its essentially a sequel to the books. s1 was the closest it ever got. sortof the same, but everyone was aged up because getting 14yr old actors was a terrible idea. Instead they got 30yr olds to play 20yr olds.
But, then the justification all comes with the timeline reboot. "this is the 23rd time we've done this", or whatever number they gave. with Fog changing things each time, to try and do better.
so, the series is a sequel to the books, where after the books end, and they won, but a few people died.. they reset the time line and try again, to stop Alice iirc from dieing.

but the books were basically just The beast, the end. then the series was all new shit from there on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The show runners mentioned they had tried and there were no bites.

And ya, the show has a lot of nods towards the books being a different time line. Like when they first visit the Library and Zelda calls Margo "Janet", then realizes that was a different timeline.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I used to love this show. Wish there was some other show going on right now that could get me in the same mood.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users