The Magicians

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What did I miss? I thought Elliot and Margo were stuck 300 years in the future and decided to bring Josh and Fen to them rather than try and go back. But now, poof, they're back to the present?
Sort of.

My understanding is they were never in the future, but that when magic got restored Filori jumped 300 years, so the present was 300 years into the future there. They brought Josh and Fen to the present

Cybsled

Fillory time != Earth time. The magic spikes just super charged the rate that time passes in Fillory.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Decent episode. Lots of shit seemed to happen. I don't yet know how to take it all in, but this show is good at staying on task. I did think the Dean was cool as a slightly cunty white chick, though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally got a chance to watch the double episode from last week. I liked it a lot. So many resets. I liked the "Oh shit, a time loop? This was done in movie x and y and z and r and l and q and and and and..." Great stuff. Really enjoyable set of episodes. I <3 Julia's lazy face. I'd love to spill a batch all over it.

Cybsled

Interesting, but not 100% unexpected, twist with the Dark King. I'm still wondering what his deal will be. One theory is his is Quentin's decedent from the Mosaic timeline. Given they introduced another Chatwin decedent and she+Penny were hearing that signal (which seemed to be kinda similar to the one the Beast originally used to make all the travelers suicide themselves), I also maybe wonder if he might be The Beast reborn somehow.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Best fantasy show. It's still incredibly enjoyable. Even all the silly shit they do just adds to my enjoyment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Canceled by Syfy. Season finale will be the series finale :(

• 1Like

Cybsled

The show runners said they crafted the final episode so it could work as a finale, so I suspect it will be like the S4 ending: concludes some storylines, but leaves the door open for continuation.

I suspect it will draw heavily from the book 3 ending since they introduced the world seed and the whole Filory apocalypse elements.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Honestly, I think the show has run its course and probably should conclude. But would prefer it to wrap up in a meaningful way.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'll say the words. Have Amazon pick it up and make it a hard R show like it should have been from the beginning.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
What does SyFy have left? Seems like their renaissance that happened with Expanse Magicians and Killjoys is now over

Cybsled

Not much. Wynona Earp and Van Helsing come to mind, but I don't really watch either of them (used to watch Wynona when I was bored, it's very Lost Girl-like).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just watched last weeks episode. God damn was that good. Lots of shit seems to have been accomplished. Hades plays some stupid "chase a goose" game of minecraft. This show is extremely creative. I wonder what the end game will be now that Hades is involved? Think he'll somehow go to battle with the Night King?

Last edited: