The Magicians

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
From this thread, I take it I should watch it... the premise read as Harry Potter as a college student screwup, which didn't sound very interesting, but all I'm seeing is people saying good things about the show.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't have high hopes for this show because I hated the books, but I ended up enjoying it. Worth watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed it so much that I pre-ordered the BluRay from Amazon. I hope they'll do unedited episodes.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
From this thread, I take it I should watch it... the premise read as Harry Potter as a college student screwup, which didn't sound very interesting, but all I'm seeing is people saying good things about the show.
I liked the book enough to read the sequels, but I thought the show was much better.

• 1Like

Cybsled

People compare it to Harry Potter because there is a school that teaches magic and there is initially a "You're a wizard, Harry!" vibe for Quentin. The Narnia comparisons are also pretty obvious, although it gets the most out of that because it basically admits their version of the Narnia books are sanitized for kids and the real version is totally fucked up ;p

The marketing for the show made it come across as "Magic Junkies!" and elicited sort of a "meh" reaction to me, but the show is a lot better than what the marketing tried to sell it as. The show picks up a lot around episode 4-5 or so.

• 1Like

Caliane

I know some people that work on this, btw.

Christina Strain, who used to color comics(pretty famous too), and do some writing, is doing writing for this, with another of her friends.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Compliment your friends on my behalf, then. They're knocking it out of the park with this show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just got an email from Amazon.

ueSmVgf.png

• 1Like

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
What the fuck? First The Expanse, now The Magicians. Several of my favorite books are being..., no, HAVE BEEN serified in a glorious way and I was totally ignorant of it. Fuck m/e.

Time to fucking binge.

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
I think Game of Thrones was to be the gift that keeps on giving in this regard. That not only is it possible to make a good series based off a fantasy/sci fi book series, but that if you do it well, people will flock to it and it will be critically accepted.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The blu-ray for Season 1 came in the other day. I'm going to watch it all again soon.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They didn't actually film nudity. At least the blu-ray version isn't showing any.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They didn't actually film nudity. At least the blu-ray version isn't showing any.
Yeah all of the shots where they might have are all angled so you can't see anything at all. They could be nude or wearing pasties you don't know.

If there was a blurred shot that might be different. All of them had strategic blocking of arms, sheets, unicorn horns, etc.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Mother dick. I hate when unicorns block nudity shots. Shown would have been a bit better on Skinemax or HBO but still looking forward to the new season in January. Other than the unicorns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users