The Marvels (2023)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes Planet Hulk story didn't need Hulk and Ragnarok was one of the worst movies out of the MCU.......

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yes Planet Hulk story didn't need Hulk and Ragnarok was one of the worst movies out of the MCU.......
Yeah. Thor couldn't beat his sister, but the demon Thor easily destroyed at the beginning of the film was the one they used to get rid of her. An overtly stupid film.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Yeah. Thor couldn't beat his sister, but the demon Thor easily destroyed at the beginning of the film was the one they used to get rid of her. An overtly stupid film.
I don't think you followed that film well, I'm drawing a blank on the name but the demon couldn't get powered up until he got to the flame that Loki put it in.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Goatface

i dislike ragnarok as planet hulk should have been its own movie.

• 2Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It was a great movie, one of the MCU top 3, but you're not wrong about that detail.

Still, if we let inconsistent power levels ruin our enjoyment of movies there would be nothing left in the MCU to enjoy. Gotta let the little things like that go.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think you followed that film well, I'm drawing a blank on the name but the demon couldn't get powered up until he got to the flame that Loki put it in.
Surtur do you even Norse mythology

• 2Like

Goatface

guess as of yesterday, looking like $5m in thursday previews.
flash $9m, black adam $7m, antman3 and gotg3 $17m
-
right now, the local big theater has sold like 15 tickets to 6pm show, 0 to the 3pm and 0 to 6pm in 3d for thursday. they have not added all the show times yet, but of the 6 showing on friday, sold about 20 tickets total.

=
hunger games social media embargo ended last night, it opens on the 16th. marvels will end tomorrow night

1699282914207.png

1699282866251.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It will be pretty amazing if this flops harder than The Flash. Thanksgiving may help out but it may flame out so quickly that it won't help out that much. What a time for CBM.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I saw the most recent commercials for this during NFL football yesterday. It's to the point they're completely minimizing showing ANY of the characters faces, focusing on Nick Fury's voice track and showing CGI. That shows you what they think the things people won't hate about the movie are.

This should be entertaining to watch numbers for, especially week 2 numbers once the "I will see anything with an MCU label on the front" crowd sees it on opening weekend.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was a great movie, one of the MCU top 3, but you're not wrong about that detail.

Still, if we let inconsistent power levels ruin our enjoyment of movies there would be nothing left in the MCU to enjoy. Gotta let the little things like that go.

Yes, he's very wrong about that detail.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yall being too goddamn stupid to pay attention to the fucking movie doesn't mean they got that part wrong. Surtur is very obviously crippled at the beginning of the movie, he staggers getting off of his throne, walks with a limp, and drags Twilight on the ground behind him in lieu of carrying it because his power was sealed away by Odin in Asgard's treasury. He even says while talking to Thor at the beginning of the movie that he will be restored back to his full power if his crown is bathed in the Eternal Flame, which is exactly what Loki does.

Also they aren't exactly unleashing Surtur on Hela, which is once again directly explained in the fucking dialogue. They're using Surtur to destroy Asgard itself which is the source of Hela's power.

• 12Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 13 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yall being too goddamn stupid to pay attention to the fucking movie doesn't mean they got that part wrong. Surtur is very obviously crippled at the beginning of the movie, he staggers getting off of his throne, walks with a limp, and drags Twilight on the ground behind him in lieu of carrying it because his power was sealed away by Odin in Asgard's treasury. He even says while talking to Thor at the beginning of the movie that he will be restored back to his full power if his crown is bathed in the Eternal Flame, which is exactly what Loki does.

Also they aren't exactly unleashing Surtur on Hela, which is once again directly explained in the fucking dialogue. They're using Surtur to destroy Asgard itself which is the source of Hela's power.
I appreciate this excuse for another rewatch!

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I appreciate this excuse for another rewatch!

The whole reason Thor was there in the first place was to prevent Ragnarok and to set up what happened at the end.

And, jesus christ, whoever it was that said they don't like Jeff Goldblum can fuck right off

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

They going to introduce incursions in this? Wonder if they tie Kang to it.

Homsar

That looks really bad compared to the first trailer. Im a nerd

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Feels like almost two different films between the first trailer and this one. The desperation with all the callbacks to past films is a little much.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Holy balls. Fury's opening lines are dubbed in from Avengers and SI. Trailer starts with previous Avenger heroes....not their headline heroes. McVillain Angry Woman. Movie about Grrl Pwer, yet the person with the most lines in the trailer is a man. Marvel herself has one line. I guess the whole movie will be invincible women flinging cosmic knuckle beams at each other and the biggest part of the movie will be the X-Mints arriving through Plot Portal to saev the day.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i heard this tested so poorly, they reshot and it tested even worse. i think thats why they hacked the movie in half so its only 90 minutes instead of the usual 2h 30 minutes for Marvel films. it was delayed 3 times? review embargo up until the night before release. now they are straight up lying about the movie to trick people into thinking this has fuckall to do with Thanos and the original Avengers. I'm sure once the first weekend audience finds out they were scammed yet again by Captain Marvel marketing, they will be happy to tell their friends about how much they loved it. did Fury say "black girl magic" at the end? does that weave chick villain know how to hold a hammer or is that supposed to be some kind of magic wand?

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
does that weave chick villain know how to hold a hammer or is that supposed to be some kind of magic wand?

Movie with female heroes and female villain feels pretty pathetic to me but it's the usual tired trope of female characters can't be slapped around by males so they need a female villain to slug it out with.

Also, she's engaged to Loki so no nepo hire there much.

• 2Like