The Marvels (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not my fault you like bad movies but hate good ones.
incorrect. i dont like this movie. it took me most of the day to get through it. i think its boring, stupid, with bad CGI and poorly edited. but its not as bad as The Flash. this did below Flash numbers which is why i said its not as bad as the numbers suggest. you need to drop the "you like bad and hate good" bullshit. it just makes you look like a big dummy.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

expected $100-115 worldwide opening weekend.

By comparison the first Captain Marvel movie opened to $153m domestic, $445m worldwide. In a single weekend.

Next week the new Hunger Games movie starring that Zegler "lol everyone hates me" chick is opening so this will shift off all the big screens. The only big remaining movies for the year are Wonka and Aquaman 2.

Weirdly I could see Wonka doing well, TimmyC is apparently massively popular with da keedz and they propelled FNAF to unexpected heights too. Guess the kids are racist though, they don't care about Ms Marvel

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'll get skewered but I liked Iron Man 3 well enough as filler old MCU material. I think it's the suits. I get why people might not like it, but it's no Thor 2. Now that was fucking awful.
I feel like if you come in with no expectations about the Mandarin, it's a good film. I never read any Iron Man comics so I didn't know anything about it. The twist genuinely surprised me and I'm a big Guy Pearce fan. Plus, Iron Man in film was never not cool, so I put it ahead of 75% of Marvel films.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like if you come in with no expectations about the Mandarin, it's a good film. I never read any Iron Man comics so I didn't know anything about it. The twist genuinely surprised me and I'm a big Guy Pearce fan. Plus, Iron Man in film was never not cool, so I put it ahead of 75% of Marvel films.
Oh I was just messing with Caeden, I didn't like the movie but I don't outright hate it like most seem to. If you were at all familiar with the Marvel universe beforehand there was no way to not be disappointed by the terrible Mandarin reveal, plus the fact that they wasted both Guy Pearce AND Ben Kingsley on that shit. Maybe if their attempt to salvage the character hadn't been wasted on the similarly terrible Shang-Chi movie I'd be more inclined to forgive IM3.

Nobody will ever convince me that Black Panther wasn't the single worst MCU movie and I don't give a fuck how much money it made.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Iron Man 3 was trash because there was barely any actual Iron Man.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh I was just messing with Caeden, I didn't like the movie but I don't outright hate it like most seem to. If you were at all familiar with the Marvel universe beforehand there was no way to not be disappointed by the terrible Mandarin reveal, plus the fact that they wasted both Guy Pearce AND Ben Kingsley on that shit. Maybe if their attempt to salvage the character hadn't been wasted on the similarly terrible Shang-Chi movie I'd be more inclined to forgive IM3.

Nobody will ever convince me that Black Panther wasn't the single worst MCU movie and I don't give a fuck how much money it made.
BP is the worst MCU movie, its extremely insulting to black people, but they think its complimentary to them. go figure.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
finally finished this thing. its very stupid, the CGI is bad, but not Quantamania bad. the story is very basic and flawed, because the so called villain is way more powerful than all three of these chicks combined when its convenient, but she was only trying to save her planet. it wasnt like she was trying to destroy the universe, she just went about it in the most chick way possible. by fucking over CM as much as she could in the process, with good reason. CM shitted up mixed chick's home planet when she tried to help them out. the movie is bad, but i dont want to say its Flash bad. Brie did a better job in this flick, she wasnt annoying, (even though her LA accent drives me crazy.) she actually had a range of emotions and even an arch, she wasnt the bestest ever, the movie isnt woke even though its a bunch of chicks who save the day.

its just a dull movie with dull action, a very dull villain who you wont hate, Fury is so out of it now. its like he cant be bothered to give a shit about anything. this movie is everything a Marvel movie should never be. no stakes, nobody to care about. no toys kids would ever want to play with. save your money, if you need to see this, go sail the high seas. it doesnt matter, there is no MCU movies til 2025. MAYBE. you will have plenty of time to check this out on D+ before the next product gets released.

-edit
the movie has nothing to do with Endgame. you dont need to see it to understand blah blah blah. that was just a shameless ploy in the trailer to fool the stupids at home that they should watch this. there are two post credit scenes.

one is Kamala taking over the role of Nick Fury as a recruiter for the kid Avengers and she recruits Kate Bishop, whomever that is. the other scene shows Black Marvel meeting her mom at the Xmen lab. her mom in this multiverse or whatever gimmick this is, is the Captain marvel there.
I'm curious how this baddie, who is apparently that purple dude from the first Guardians movie just gender swapped, is somehow even remotely a challenge for Captain Marvel who could almost single handedly fuck up Thanos with the infinity stones?

They really fucked up with her whole power level.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm curious how this baddie, who is apparently that purple dude from the first Guardians movie just gender swapped, is somehow even remotely a challenge for Captain Marvel who could almost single handedly fuck up Thanos with the infinity stones?

They really fucked up with her whole power level.
every time she used her powers it switched her with one of the other dizzy broads. the mixed chick's "hammer" or Runed Mithril Bracer absorbed blasts and she was able to redirect them back at Danvers. but even when the mixed chick takes a hit, even when the other broads get in their licks. mixed chick was still able to snake the water away from a planet.

• 1WTF

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
iron man 3 fucking up mandarin pissed me off. I was an iron man fan back in the day.

Thor 2 is better than black Panther. But i rate iron man 3 with BP now

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

1699853747830.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD

Goatface

Domestic TV ad spending
Marvels ($27.6M)
Indiana Jones ($23.8m)
Little Mermaid ($22.5m)
Elemental ($20m)
Flash ($25m)
Venom 2 ($15.9m)
Spider-verse 2 ($13.7m)
supposedly numbers come from EDO, site used to have a lot of free info, but now everything is behind paywall

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I didn't particularly like IM3 but I never felt like it was a poorly produced film. I don't like what they did to the Mandarin but change his name to Bin-Laden or something and the concept of a puppet social media bad guy is mostly sound. Extremis fits the formula for IM bad guy; disgruntled scientist/engineer seeks revenge for being snubbed by the Stark family. The movie provided context for Ultron and Civil War so it has it's place in Phase 1-3.

Almost everything since Endgame I can't say the same about. Even if some of the stories are OK the production value just seems off, dialogue sucks, and nothing seems to tie anything together. Part of what made Tony and Capt compelling characters was their growth through sacrifice that, outside of Peter Parker erasing memories, lacks with any current characters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't particularly like IM3 but I never felt like it was a poorly produced film. I don't like what they did to the Mandarin but change his name to Bin-Laden or something and the concept of a puppet social media bad guy is mostly sound. Extremis fits the formula for IM bad guy; disgruntled scientist/engineer seeks revenge for being snubbed by the Stark family. The movie provided context for Ultron and Civil War so it has it's place in Phase 1-3.

Almost everything since Endgame I can't say the same about. Even if some of the stories are OK the production value just seems off, dialogue sucks, and nothing seems to tie anything together. Part of what made Tony and Capt compelling characters was their growth through sacrifice that, outside of Peter Parker erasing memories, lacks with any current characters.
IM3 isnt that bad. i liked the Extremis aspect and that Tony got bamboozled by hot pussy. even the whole PTSD subplot makes sense. i think we can all agree that what brings it down a notch is the stupid kid shoehorned in as well as the Bin Laden /Mandarin guy being a fake. they built it up for disappointment. if they had just kept to the Extremis and Tony piecing together clues about the experiments, then it would have been fine. that whole movie is fine without that shit.

Caeden

even when they did the retcon of having fin fan foom being a space alien and rings were the engine of his ship?
When the fuck did that happen? Outside of the two spider-man movies, Wandavision, and Captain Luther King and the Winter Soldier, I haven’t watched any post-endgame marvel. Two of those things I regret ever watching. It’s the two shows. They sucked balls.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When the fuck did that happen? Outside of the two spider-man movies, Wandavision, and Captain Luther King and the Winter Soldier, I haven’t watched any post-endgame marvel. Two of those things I regret ever watching. It’s the two shows. They sucked balls.
it was in the 90s with the mark ix suit, i remember cuz i was using these comics as my reference for modeling clay
s-l1600.jpg

• 1Like

Caeden

it was in the 90s with the mark ix suit, i remember cuz i was using these comics as my reference for modeling clay
s-l1600.jpg
Lol. I have that issue. I guess I didn’t remember it.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
IM3 was "good enough". The only thing I wasn't a fan of is how the countless IM suits were pretty much recycle. You touch one and it breaks into a bunch of pieces. Twist your wrist the wrong direction and it ejects you out. They seemed so weak compared to how tough the suits in IM 1 & 2 were.

IM3 was almost party favor IM suits. Easily disposable.