The Marvels (2023)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A chubby Scarlett Johansson finally got her own movie wherein she gives a mannequinesque performance and then replaced in her own film by a younger prettier woman.

It was about 4 years too late and phoned in start to finish.

Thanks! Bullet dodged.

Goatface

1699536851997.png

now fresh, at this rate might end up around 65-70% in the same range as thor2/3, hulk. ds2

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
A chubby Scarlett Johansson finally got her own movie wherein she gives a mannequinesque performance and then replaced in her own film by a younger prettier woman.

It was about 4 years too late and phoned in start to finish.
Chubby? Are you blind? She was bones in that movie compared to Dat phat ass titties and ass in all the Avengers movies

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
6/10

Fun movie, with some decent originality in action sequences, but wanders off into crazy-town about halfway through ( dat Bollywood planet, wtf ).

Kamala character was great, very genuine, and actually having fun in the movie, which is rare these days. Samuel Jackson has clearly completely run out of fucks to give.

Also sets a new benchmark for least consistent power levels of superheroes in an individual movie. In the same ending of the same movie, Captain Marvel both struggles to fistfight a random mook AND powers up a literal sun.

It's a shame - there's the bones of an interesting story there, with Captain Marvel having spent the missing years causing massive problems trying to apply simple solutions to complex problems and trying to deal with the ever snowballing fallout. It's pretty much glossed over in an semi-comical fashion and her friends unilaterally forgive her for being a terrorist war-criminal who caused billions of deaths.
You are a massive massive asshole filching faggot.

• 8Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 8 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Bonus points for use of the word filching
Completely unrelated; family was playing trivia and I got "name of Hogwarts janitor." A little bit of stress as I tried to remember if he really was Filch or I was going to embarrass myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Completely unrelated; family was playing trivia and I got "name of Hogwarts janitor." A little bit of stress as I tried to remember if he really was Filch or I was going to embarrass myself.
It's actually felch, filch means to steal. Filch is indeed the correct answer for Hogworts janitor. Rowling picks obvious names just like George Lucas.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
6/10

Fun movie, with some decent originality in action sequences, but wanders off into crazy-town about halfway through ( dat Bollywood planet, wtf ).

Kamala character was great, very genuine, and actually having fun in the movie, which is rare these days. Samuel Jackson has clearly completely run out of fucks to give.

Also sets a new benchmark for least consistent power levels of superheroes in an individual movie. In the same ending of the same movie, Captain Marvel both struggles to fistfight a random mook AND powers up a literal sun.

It's a shame - there's the bones of an interesting story there, with Captain Marvel having spent the missing years causing massive problems trying to apply simple solutions to complex problems and trying to deal with the ever snowballing fallout. It's pretty much glossed over in an semi-comical fashion and her friends unilaterally forgive her for being a terrorist war-criminal who caused billions of deaths.
Lies No GIF

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Kamala is absolutely solid and the best character in the movie and it's not really close.

Movie is fine. My kids will enjoy it more than most adults into the comic movies will, and that's OK.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Just watched the cam rip on 123.
I went in with an expectation of it rating a zero to one, was surprised that I liked it.
Its C tier for MCU movies IMO. I would rate it above all of phase 4 movies except for Spiderman and Thor, which I rated both at low B tier.

Ms. Marvel was the best character by far, but the actress loves the role so that is why I am sure. Brie was better, but still Brie so there is that too. Did not watch WandaVision, so I knew nothing of Monica till now. Her character came off as too much of a know it all, like beyond PHD levels of knowing EVERYTHING.

All in all I like it.

Solid 6/10 and plan on going to see it with the family on Tuesday at our area's $5 dollar showing.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

So essentially they made a kids/teen film and expected the vast mcu audience to see it, because it's a marvel product regardless. They made a film for a target audience, ms marvel's audience it sounds like, which didn't exactly do blockbuster numbers for her show, barely anyone wants to see brie as captain marvel anymore, and race/gender swapped the main villain that was one of the worse of the mcu. I'm sure they'll just write it all off by blaming men once again for not wanting to come see and support a kids/teen/girl power/terribad movie.

Sterling

El Presidente
I went in with an expectation of it rating a zero to one, was surprised that I liked it.
Its C tier for MCU movies IMO. I would rate it above all of phase 4 movies except for Spiderman and Thor, which I rated both at low B tier.

Ms. Marvel was the best character by far, but the actress loves the role so that is why I am sure. Brie was better, but still Brie so there is that too. Did not watch WandaVision, so I knew nothing of Monica till now. Her character came off as too much of a know it all, like beyond PHD levels of knowing EVERYTHING.

All in all I like it.

Solid 6/10 and plan on going to see it with the family on Tuesday at our area's $5 dollar showing.
You consider Love and Thunder B tier Marvel?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
We have a serious infestation of people giving almost any trash the MCU shits out a "5-6/10, better than I expected" when it clearly is not the case. Same with Star Wars. It is worse than garbage as it actually shits on the good stuff that came before it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still haven't finished Love and Thunder, fuck that movie

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

All in all I like it.

You are the reason Hollywood produces shit movies. They spent over a quarter BILLION dollars on this movie and the best you can say about it is that the youngest member "loves her role!" Then you say it is better than 60% of other movies out there. What a fucking joke.

You deserve this movie and all the shit movies that come out after it because you (and people like you) bought tickets.

• 6Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
People who watch this deserve all the mockery they get, but he did specifically say he watched a pirated copy, rather than buy tickets.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like