The Matrix reboot/remake

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Matrix (1999)

Tagline: Welcome to the Real World.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, Gloria Foster, Joe Pantoliano, Marcus Chong, Paul Goddard, Robert Taylor, Julian Arahanga, Matt Doran, Belinda McClory, Anthony Ray Parker, David Aston, Marc Aden, Ada Nicodemou, Deni Gordon, Rowan Witt, Eleanor Witt, Tamara Brown, Janaya Pender, Adryn White, Natalie Tjen, Bill Young, David O'Connor, Jeremy Ball, Fiona Johnson, Harry Lawrence, Steve Dodd, Luke Quinton, Lawrence Woodward, Michael Butcher, Bernard Ledger, Robert Simper, Chris Pattinson, Nigel Harbach

Release: 1999-03-30

Runtime: 136

Plot: Set in the 22nd century, The Matrix tells the story of a computer hacker who joins a group of underground insurgents fighting the vast and powerful computers who now rule the earth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
WHY!? It's not even that old and really well done. IF they are just dying to reboot shit, do the sequels.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Matrix 3 sucked so bad, would really like to see someone other than the Wachowskis do a conclusion to the series at least. 1 and 2 were alright tho, and if they were in a bubble a reboot would make a lot less sense to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally. The world has been crying out for a remake, hollywood delivers.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
EddvMkp.gif

• 14Solidarity
  • 11Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 27 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The film writes itself.

You do a prequel / soft reboot with a young Morpheus as the protagonist. He's played by Jaden Smith. His mentor, someone we have not previously seen, is played by Will Smith. You basically retell the story of the first Matrix except you kill off Will Smith in a scene that mirrors the scene where they are about to pull the plug on Morpheus but Neo decides to take another path. In this movie they pull the plug and it is sad.

The sequel is about Morpheus finding Trinity and is basically a retelling of the first movie as well. We introduce other characters like Sipher and so the audience knows he's evil he does shifty things a lot.

The name of the first reboot is The Matrix PreLoaded

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
In the reboot, taking the red pill will just mean you find out gender is a social construct and you turn into a tranny.

GvlEJq1.jpg

• 8Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
no, just... .no.

what was said before. do morpheus. you have to remember - according to the "lore" morpheus was almost "the one"

so we would have the same sort of story line of a "prevous" morpheus...lets call him Zed ..just because..

zed is looking for the one, finds morpheus, frees him etc etc etc... story almost writes itself esp if you follow the "basic" storyline until you hit the part where neo and smith go at it. you end it where morpheus finds out he is not the one, but the person destined to find the one. maybe end it with a young man turning on a computer login screen popup comes....and for usename, he enters the name Neo...fade to black (neo is ~mid to late 20's in the matrix )

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
no, just... .no.

what was said before. do morpheus. you have to remember - according to the "lore" morpheus was almost "the one"

so we would have the same sort of story line of a "prevous" morpheus...lets call him Zed ..just because..

zed is looking for the one, finds morpheus, frees him etc etc etc... story almost writes itself esp if you follow the "basic" storyline until you hit the part where neo and smith go at it. you end it where morpheus finds out he is not the one, but the person destined to find the one. maybe end it with a young man turning on a computer login screen popup comes....and for usename, he enters the name Neo...fade to black (neo is ~mid to late 20's in the matrix )
I would watch this.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only way I want to see another matrix is if they did a sequel to The Matrix with keanu and acted as if Reloaded/Revolution never existed. Those films tried their hardest to ruin the original, its almost painful anytime I see those disasters on TV

• 2Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Thought I saw that they're eyeing Michael B Jordan for this, so you guys might not be too far off.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just dont even see how they even come close to the original. Bullet time is a joke now and the only good fight scenes i've seen that were amazing in the US were the John Wick Directors who were Keanu's trainers for the Matrix, and Mathew Vaughn with Kingsman.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Matrix one was awesome but I don't get the hate for two and three. I think the whole series is quite rewatchable. Matrix 2 from the time they find the keymaker to when they exit the highway is my favorite action sequence of any movie ever.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Who was our Matrix fanboy. The Edge? We need his opinion on this reboot business.

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I want to see a remake of 3 but with the final fight being between Goku and Vegeta like it was originally scripted.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database