The Metal Thread

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
A couple new tracks from OG bands.

Metal Church is a band I bought way back in the 80s just because I liked the album cover, having never heard of them before. But Beyond the Black was one of those songs that hooked me.

It's great to see they're still writing new material.

Vader has also been around since the mid 80s. I've heard a few tracks off and on, but never owned an album.

Vader was my first true metal show. Was fuckin rad. My gf at the time was a journalist for a popular metal magazine and scored an interview. The interview took place in a 7 man toke circle in the parking lot. Really awesome dudes. Go see them if you get a chance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Vader was my first true metal show. Was fuckin rad. My gf at the time was a journalist for a popular metal magazine and scored an interview. The interview took place in a 7 man toke circle in the parking lot. Really awesome dudes. Go see them if you get a chance.
My gf back in the mid 80s was a dj playing what would be called classic rock nowadays. We met in college; I was taking journalism and she was in radio arts, but we shared some classes. She was on the midnight shift four days a week, so I'd go and sit with her sometimes, edit news service printouts and shit. You should have seen the record library -- about 20,000 albums built up over decades, a Technics broadcast turntable, pioneer amp and speakers. The djs would meet up there, bullshit and talk shop, and play promo albums; they recieved dozens of them every week. The station playlist was 100 songs, all approved by management. Good times, good times.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Been a long time since I've posted in this thread. Just haven't been listening to a lot of metal. However, the two minutes to late night channel keeps popping up on my feed. They have some pretty good covers here and there.

I think this one just popped up for you Chukzombi Chukzombi ....

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know, technically not metal but this song kind of borders on it. Was never a big MCR fan but i got turned on to their first album recently and its actually good.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Most of what I've listened to on the last couple of pages I would label as "thrash metal". I was brought up on a healthy diet of Iron Maiden and glam rock of the 80's but my tastes moved to the Seattle alternative scene when the Pumpkins and the like emerged.

My roots remain in guitar metal, though. I am not sure you guys would classify this as "metal", but he's metal to me. A Good Canadian Kid:

My absolute favorite song recording of all time. No question.

Edit - got to around 6:27 for some goosebump raising vocals.

Last edited:
  • 1Like