The Metal Thread

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Didn't realize Nevermore was on hiatus. They are way better than Arch Enemy. The new chick in Arch Enemy is alright but she's no Angela. She's pretty, but she seems like a hot topic metal chick. She's too pretty? lol I dunno, but Angela seemed like a real metal chick. Plus the new album is pretty forgettable. Nevermore needs to make more material and less new Arch Enemy.
I stumbled across a band the other day that I hadn't seen before and started to listen to it and I was like "Holy shit, this sounds just like Nevermore!"......... and then I went and googled Sanctuary.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I never knew Chinese Folk Metal existed, but it's fucking awesome.

The traditional instruments are actually Mongolian, which kind of makes it more badass. If you like them, you may dig 9 Treasures too (another Mongolian folk metal band).

Nine Treasures- Arvan Ald Guulin Honshoor (live at Beijing 2012.5.5) - YouTube

Speaking of Beijing metal, I may as well toss my band's first release up here too. It's more on the alt metal side, if any of you cats are into that sort of thing.

Incisors | Incisors

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Nevermore isn't just on hiatus are they? Didn't they break up over conflicts with Warrel?

Anyway, Jeff in Arch Enemy is a giant waste of talent and I wouldn't expect to last very long.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nevermore isn't just on hiatus are they? Didn't they break up over conflicts with Warrel?

Anyway, Jeff in Arch Enemy is a giant waste of talent and I wouldn't expect to last very long.
Any band Jeff plays in is going to be elevated, my fear is they'll either limit his playing or he'll overshadow the entire band.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nevermore is permanently over. Sanctuary was Warrell and Jim's (and Jeff came in at the end) band before breaking up and forming Nevermore. Their two late 80s/early 90s albums were great. I always preferred those to anything Nevermore did. The new reunion one is definitely more akin to Nevermore than classic Sanctuary. It's okay but nothing great.

an accordion_sl

shitlord

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Nevermore is permanently over. Sanctuary was Warrell and Jim's (and Jeff came in at the end) band before breaking up and forming Nevermore. Their two late 80s/early 90s albums were great. I always preferred those to anything Nevermore did. The new reunion one is definitely more akin to Nevermore than classic Sanctuary. It's okay but nothing great.
Politics/Neon Black/Dead Heart were great for their time but I really think they outdid themselves with This Godless Endeavor.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
can we rename this thread the "weirdos who worship Satan and torture animals for fun thread" and start a new metal thread where we actually discuss metal bands that are relevant such as Metallica, A7X, Alter Bridge, etc.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
can we rename this thread the "weirdos who worship Satan and torture animals for fun thread" and start a new metal thread where we actually discuss metal bands that are relevant such as Metallica, A7X, Alter Bridge, etc.
Yeah, maybe we could discuss the latest Creed Album. Oh, wait.....

Creed's Scott Stapp Reveals He's Homeless in Jarring New Video
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...video-20141126

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'll freely admit that I love old-school metal like Metallica, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Dokken, Slayer, Pantera, etc, and while I like a decent amount of modern metal, I just absolutely cannot get into the growling vocal crap that is prevalent today in a lot of the sub-genres of metal (Death metal, deathcore, deathgrind, whatever), and came to prevalence with bands like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, or Napalm Death. I really enjoy a lot of the musicianship, but the vocals completely destroy my ability to listen to any of it, its like nails on a chalkboard.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
eh bodom is still mostly a death metal band. Just stick to clean singing heavy metal like Manilla Road, Pentagram any number of newer bands apostle of solitude, gates of slumber, ranger, spirit caravan, saint vitus etc etc .

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
It's ok keg, numetal is supposed to be having a comeback so there will be plenty of new shitty bands you can listen too.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lately I have been listening to a lot of "Stoner/Doom Metal", bands like The Sword, Dozer and Red Fang. Anyone have any recommendations on bands that sounds like them?